Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:39:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam?  (Read 1041 times)
-Newera-

Activity: 196
Merit: 49

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:31:24 PM

A statistic for the year 2017 has shown that over 80% of the ICOs were scams in this year. For the year 2018 I have not found any exact statistics, but I assume that the statistics will not have changed much. There is a tendency for even more ICOS scam projecte than 2017.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams
Cloud_miner

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:28:57 PM

Anyone who claims that 99% of all projects is a scam - probably a bit exaggerating, but i can agree that most of the projects will not fulfill any investors' expectations, however much we want this and however much we try to prove  somethihg else.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:50:22 PM

Maybe this year that could be true, I still doubt it is %99 because that is a lot of failed projects but if you only accept the ICO's that managed to get funded %100 and than started out I doubt that number is that high. There is a threshold there, if an ICO is funded 100% on their goal there is a big chance they will survive, however if they fail to get funding from the people than yeah all of them fail.

Moreover, the ones that manage to get funded are still doing horrible in 2018 as expected because everything else is getting low as well but last year during the height of both crypto and ICO's, you could invest into ANY ICO you want and still make money from them, there was a dude called "thegobone" and he invested into multiple ICO's last year and always made a profit since everything went up in price.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

In most cases, in a market like today, we can say that this is so because it happens that many projects simply cannot collect anything and, as a rule, they simply close their projects or pause or prolong their fees.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:54:04 PM

Thre are so many ICO who failed and some turned out to be a scam.
But 99 percent is not a good figure to tell.
tehre are also many ICO which is legit and gain the success.
Tosin12

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 04:04:31 PM

It's not true, not majority of ICOs are scam,  in actual fact we have so many good ICOs with novel ideas and solutions but this bearish market makes it look like all the ICOs are scam or either fail, some get frustrated out of the space because they can't raise enough fund no matter how many times they extend token sale but there are still some devs that pull through and deliver on the roadmap and whitepaper
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:07:05 PM

I think ninety nine percent of ICO are not scam. There is scam ICO out there no doubt but to say ninety nine percent of ICO is scam will be incorrect! ICO time is coming to a close and the regulatory space would be favouring STO in the future!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
magnat7691

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:09:37 PM

At the peak of its popularity, ICO really invested money indiscriminately. People did not pay attention to what the product will be developed as a result.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Allaboutcryptos12

Activity: 68
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:11:45 PM

i invested in few icos i have got nothing but a huge loss they are not scams but they are not worthy. I have come accross one ico that is like best ico of 2018 but finally raised money and they not even responding in the telegram. yes i agree 99% have failed but not scams

ELISIA       │       Free, Instant Transactions!!! DAPPS!!!
The Blockchain Revolution Has Begun
zerrtty

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:15:36 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
Unfortunately, some projects raised money after spending ICO, did not continue working on the project, or simply disappeared. But there are also projects that work on projects, communicate with their community, and report news about changes in the project.

wanted sliter

Activity: 398

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:16:16 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
nothing good about this market though.
I think 99.9% ICOs are not good investments.
even it succeed, price would be down so much when listed on exchange.

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

Absolutely YES, 2018 is a bad for crypto currency is not what will expect we are experiencing now , real bounty, airdrop, or ICOs has being done 2017. What ICOs keep failing us.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 04:56:14 PM

yes you are right now a lot of ICO scam and many of them fled after getting a lot of money from investor and I really hate ico scam
for that we must be careful in determining bounty and ico so that we don't work in vain or lose all investment we have made

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:06:17 PM

I think ninety nine percent of ICO are not scam. There is scam ICO out there no doubt but to say ninety nine percent of ICO is scam will be incorrect! ICO time is coming to a close and the regulatory space would be favouring STO in the future!
I begin to strain very strongly such statements which say that the ICO is the elapsed time and so on. Today, many projects still hold very fruitful fees. I can confidently say because I see
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:12:13 PM

Nowadays, almost all of the ico have experienced a considerable decline. in terms of quality up to their funding. one of the consequences is that ico is getting worse now
a d i m u l

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

for several months this is true, ICOs if they fail to meet the target of achievement can also occur a scam. that was what I experienced in following several bounty campaigns.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:08:44 PM

Most ICOs are fraudsters, and if this is a real project, then it’s hard to get up in such a difficult time when people are afraid to invest.
wavesroom

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

According to various estimates, fraudulent ICO brought its creators from $ 851 million to $1 billion. There are quite a few examples when the organizers of such ICO tried to bring to justice
gabagandalf

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:12:04 PM

Yes, that is unfortunately true. I have experienced it myself and have therefore stopped with bounties or investing in icos.  Cry
simpelplan

Activity: 407
Merit: 2

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:56:53 PM

no, that's not true. some ico are scams but if you say 99% ico is a scam I think it's too much, the number of successful ico real is also not small

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: