Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:24:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam?  (Read 1041 times)
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 03:46:30 AM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.

There are scammed ICO's but i think not 99%of it. I can also see legit ICO's with good projects. I hope this scammers will be captured because they are one of the reasons fot others to back off from crypto.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:37:04 AM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
No it is not true. I have participated in over 200 ICO's and I have had only one where the people behind the project ran away with the money. Some have done a really bad job of putting the money to work and advanced the project, others are working hard on the project. I don't think you can classify a business where the people do the work but the project fails to take off as a scam.

randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:03:29 AM

I think not all ICO's are scam because I still participated a good ICO before that gives me a better earnings. And I think it most of people would that if they are always experiencing that situation which they don't have a plan or a good strategy to know which ICO will they gonna participated in investing their money that's why they always get scam.

SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:10:25 AM

Most ICO projects are so bad. I was involved in a very successful venture capital project, attracted over $ 44 million and then they said they did not have enough funding to grow, and then they were silent about it. the investors. It's obviously a phishing project. Therefore, we need to be careful when investing in the field of ICO.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:11:43 AM

Some are scam , some over promise, some fold up in bear market
HiatusGG

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:23:28 AM

A lot of tokens depend on the ethereum and creating a token is easy. People think, firstly explains the target of coins, secondly make promotion,  thirdly sell coins (creator didnt pay for that), Finally team of token will disappear and ICO fail so you were get laid. People choose the invest cryptocurrency directly because ICOs are too risky in bear season.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:26:09 AM

This is truth like others has said.  Nor of the icos I invested in really give good return and most of them have turned to scam.  I could remember two that I invested in may this year and the teams are no were to be find.  If you want to play safe then study them very well before investing because the 1% is difficult to find.
pokxon

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 07:09:09 AM

All ICOs are created for the sole purpose of raising capital from investors. We do not know if it will fail or become a scam. I think 99% is too big and this can not happen. those ico failures or scams are only 30-50% of the ICO market

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 07:25:25 AM

Please do not doubt the number of fraudulent items. There are so many tokens worthless. You need to learn a lot of knowledge to judge, so I suggest you not to choose ICO investment, novices want to buy bitcoin.

mel_smog

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:29:30 AM

Not 99% but def north of 90%!!
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:38:13 AM

there are projects; there are a lot of them there; it’s useless to argue, but there are still normal projects that simply don’t collect a hard cover
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:39:31 AM

my personal assessment is currently at about 80% that are either failed or scam icos. to say 99% would be a little bit much. but that is just my assessment and it is hard to say which number is right.
KOF97

Activity: 359

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:40:48 AM

Yes, due to lack of supervision, fraudsters can use a small amount of money to create the perfect scam, and they don't have to take any responsibility for it.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:03:15 PM

No, this is too exaggerated. There are many fraudulent projects among ICOs, but not 99 percent. I participated in many ICO projects that have been working until that time. In my practice, some 60-70 ICO projects have remained working. Therefore, the ICO, even with the current fall in the cryptocurrency market, can still work, although it is very difficult for them.
In the activities of ICO, we are waiting for government regulation, only it can solve the current problems with fraud in this situation.

it has been waiting for us for a very long time, so it seems to me that scam projects today no longer believe that many projects will be regulated. Today, the best thing would probably be to seriously think about the numbers, in general, I also think that they are very much increased today.
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:19:59 PM

Not yet and impossible all of ICO investment project was die because lower and drop price of ethereum, many ico have success their ICO sale and waiting for opening their coin at the exchange market.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 06:35:29 PM

Many ICOs have failed or turned out to be scammers, but absolutely not 99% of them. It looks like the numbers are specially exaggerated in order to intensify the panic in the market and derail the price of crypto assets as low as possible. I would say that the percentage of fraudulent or failing ICOs is about 70%.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:38:06 PM

Not yet and impossible all of ICO investment project was die because lower and drop price of ethereum, many ico have success their ICO sale and waiting for opening their coin at the exchange market.
Definitely now, many people say not quite correct statistics, because for the most part people simply do not have information that projects really die or just disappear for a while. These are completely different things.
NewbieCollector

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:34:11 AM

Unfortunately, the subject is 100% true. The thing is that different ICOs are scamming in different ways:
-ICOs which originally produced without any plans to make a product or service
-ICOs which faced with some problems regarding the product development after the ICO stage
-ICOs with an inexperienced core team
and so on. There're lots of the reasons they do what they do, but the fact is this.
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:06:56 PM

Unfortunately, this fact happens and a lot of people face with such situation as scam. But not 99% of ICO are scammers, many ICO is very interesting and persistent on achieving their goals. So don't disappoint yourself, there is a lot of money ahead!
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:15:33 PM

maybe not all ico ends scam there are some who are successful but most for now are not successful. so I think maybe 70% is a scam and why only 30% are successful because many investors who are afraid to invest in ico will make a lot of ico fail.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: