Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:14:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware! Binance phishing mail!!!  (Read 274 times)
TitanAI (OP)

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:19:37 AM

Am not sure if this is the right spot to post this, so if admins could be cool and move it where it should be would be nice.

After a morning e-mail checking, I came across a funny but also very dangerous e-mail with the title “Binance Competition – 50,000 ETH Giveaway!”
I know that some would say “Nah, I won’t fall for that kind of stupid e-mail”, but, believe it or not, there are still many that get scammed like that every day.

You don’t even need to take a closer look at the e-mail because from the first view you can see the e-mail address is one created especially for this “phishing campaign” and not owned officially by Binance:

“Binance Support <bounty@devbinance.online>”

You can read more about it HERE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btlzpr

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:25:42 AM
Merited by R9s (1)

Binance has issued an official statement on a similar phishing mail case.
Read here:  https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002070252-Types-of-Phishing-Email

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:30:59 AM

Am not sure if this is the right spot to post this, so if admins could be cool and move it where it should be would be nice.

This is probably going to be moved to the Exchanges subforum. It's probably fine here though, as more visibility for these kinds of cases is better.

I know it's fairly obvious, but I believe posts like these are productive anyway just because they highlight the need to be very wary about giveaways.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3625

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

The answer to each person who receives such messages is: From (@Binance Offical twitter account)

Binance will never ask you to send coins directly to any address for any reason.

The question is, how did those scammers get to your email? I do not think Binance gave it to them.

- Do not register with your primary email except on trusted sites, assign another email to sites that are not trusted.
- Do not open or click on any link unless you review the sender's address.

Move it to Exchanges.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:10:09 PM

Always be aware that these sites are very used by scammers to deceive people, usually the best thing is to go directly to the link that you write in the address bar and look there for the information you are requesting, if they are, remember to check the sender aswell, usually are strange emails that have nothing to do with the original.

TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:26:57 PM

This is probably going to be moved to the Exchanges subforum. It's probably fine here though, as more visibility for these kinds of cases is better.

I know it's fairly obvious, but I believe posts like these are productive anyway just because they highlight the need to be very wary about giveaways.

Those were my thoughts too when I posted in this section, to have more visibility and be able through this post to warn as much people as possible

Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:33:25 PM

I got something like this same format straight to my email really don't know how they got my email address but the whole thing smells like a scam to me all I did was to put it in the trash bin
Bluto

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:37:11 PM

I think this better belongs to scam accusations. But yeah, don't click links in emails unless you're sure you're going to the expected domain.
Stargazing

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:41:17 PM

Such newsletters recently are not uncommon. Beware of fraudsters, they are everywhere.

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:49:03 PM

hmm thats a normal situation i guess.
Iam getting often mails like this from google or and other firm logo
But these are only phishing mails and not from the company witch logos they using.
They also using a not existing domain on the screen you showing,.

regards
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

I agree. But its better if mods not move this thread for at least a day so that it will get more exposure specially for newbies. I think we have similar cases before If my memory serves me right, there are a lot of hackers disguised as coming from Binance so just be careful and used your common sense so that you won't fall for this trap.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Wingleness

Activity: 458

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:34:01 PM

Best we secure our major emails used to register on exchanges by avoid using same emails on randomly. Such phishing sites are getting rampant recently and investors need to weary as well.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:04:34 AM

happens almost everyday with a lot of people, the scammers are always playing tricks. You should keep your major email only for some services, not for everyday use, that might minimize scammers getting your email address.
TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:51:40 AM

Best we secure our major emails used to register on exchanges by avoid using same emails on randomly. Such phishing sites are getting rampant recently and investors need to weary as well.

I have lots of e-mails that I use for registration purposes only but somehow they get to my 3 main e-mails too. I feel like my e-mail being very old was somehow added to some bulk e-mails database.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:12:44 AM

Honestly, these types of phishing scams are very common.

And this includes not just phishing emails, but also phishing accounts/impersonators on social media platforms as well. But one common thing across them all is that they are promising some form of monetary reward, which either requires you to send coins to their address to access a higher reward, or to click on a link to a phishing exchange site and enter in login details.

Most people are already aware of this type of scam due to how widespread it is, but obviously, people still get scammed. When you receive any correspondence to your email, use your common sense. If the offer is unrealistic, then don't take it up.

I have lots of e-mails that I use for registration purposes only but somehow they get to my 3 main e-mails too. I feel like my e-mail being very old was somehow added to some bulk e-mails database.

Most likely. It's almost impossible to trace down to the exact site that leaked your info, though.

Smiley
TitanAI (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:36:27 AM
Merited by Wapinter (1)

And this includes not just phishing emails, but also phishing accounts/impersonators on social media platforms as well. But one common thing across them all is that they are promising some form of monetary reward, which either requires you to send coins to their address to access a higher reward, or to click on a link to a phishing exchange site and enter in login details.

Most people are already aware of this type of scam due to how widespread it is, but obviously, people still get scammed. When you receive any correspondence to your email, use your common sense. If the offer is unrealistic, then don't take it up.

Most likely. It's almost impossible to trace down to the exact site that leaked your info, though.

They are common because many still think it can't happen to them, they are too relaxed and relay on their security measures too much, measures that don't really matter for the attackers, they can still get to your info, especially to the ones that don't have 2FA activated for their wallets/accounts.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:46:00 AM

They are common because many still think it can't happen to them, they are too relaxed and relay on their security measures too much, measures that don't really matter for the attackers, they can still get to your info, especially to the ones that don't have 2FA activated for their wallets/accounts.
Only noobs would fall into these very basic kind of scamming. Sad to say this thing is already very very common but there are still several people who do fall out for this scam.Its way too obvious even
email providers do already flagged out that it is suspicious then why would consider to continue if you can see those alerts? and just only asking out yourself why you have received such email even you are not a Binance user then you should already think twice. Email can be easily accumulate and leaked which can be sold of to hackers/scammers so its better to neglect and dont ever try to read or open up those kind of links
if you arent sure on what you are doing.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:08:24 PM

I mean, even Gmail flagged it as suspicious (which is rare for these types of emails), that's how obvious it is. Binance seems to be especially targeted in these phishing emails, due to its popularity.

Most of these scam emails can be spotted a mile away by simply having a long hard look of the sender's email address, confirming that the domain name which the emails are sent from is indeed owned by the legitimate company. There are instances of spoofed email addresses, however, so it is also good to research on google about any claims that the email makes.

If the email offers any type of giveaway that seems too good to be true, disregard it completely. Use your common sense here. No way is an exchange going to be giving away millions of dollars for free, without some sort of a catch.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:13:47 AM

This kind of email and phishing attempt does not only target binance users but several attacks and emails has been spread before by these lazy phishers who have been targeting everyone, aware or not aware of their trick.

Don't be too gullible for these giveaways and always check the main site of these exchanges like binance or wallets such as MEW after receiving these suspicious emails. And don't click any of them, stay safe and careful guys.

Signature for rent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: