Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:53:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another worse scenario a head of BTC  (Read 759 times)
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:01:32 AM
Merited by Bitcoinwaist (1)

Looking at BTC-USD on the weekly chart i came to see yet another potentially worse scenario ahead !

However there is some GOOD news here!

the 2900-3600 is rather a very strong support zone as seems to be on the weekly chart.

So there is a good chance that this may be the end of the bear trend,even though the 2900$ seems to be the most reliable bottom within this green support zone but anything from TOP to BOTTOM of this zone is actually a good support on the weekly trend. but the good news are unlikely to play out ! sadly !

The bad news is !, there is almost no sort of any support beneath this 2900$-3600$.

The nearest support area that we can count on would be 950$ to 1350$ .  WTF  Huh

There is however a minor support at 1900$ but that support was only tested once as a part of a small correction during the last bull run in July 2017.

now some might argue and say I am crazy to even think that we can actually go to prices this low, but really this is the disadvantage of a bull run that did not stop to make mark any support on it's way. easy come easy go !

in this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5071613.msg48030883#msg48030883

i mentioned about the importance of breaking the 5800-6000 levels , and to most traders it was a clear sign of going short as there was no sign of support for at least 30% down the way. and BTC did actually drop 36% from there.

again breaking the 2900$ support could easily do another -35% or in fact well over -50% should the weak support at 1900$ fail to hold ( very likely ) and take us straight to 950$-1350$.

so long story short, the bulls need to defend this green support area as this will be their last resort before another collapse in price, which indeed won't be over night, and could take months to actually get there.

the bright side however from a TA point of view, that the easier it comes the easier it goes.,with these fast dips, we are creating less resistance points on the way back up ( in the future). the sharp fall from 5800 to 3600 created no serious resistance, so it won't be much of a surprise to see a single candle shoot from 4k to 5.5k which is unlikely of course giving the nature of the current bear trend.

now this is from a technical point of view.

Taking the fundamental part of it, it does not look less miserable.

if you have to name a working business that uses bitcoin and is generating any sort of considerable income, then i could be wrong. aside from Exchanges and Mining Hardware manufacturers the use case of Bitcoin is still very limited and way far from deserving a market of 800 billion $. taking the whole crypto market in the picture, what has any crypto currency done to the world yet ? 99% of it is either a scam coin or nothing but a copy-paste token with a better looking whitepaper.

to me , the fundamental aspect is less important, because what took btc to 20k was not the fundamentals but rather the technical, it was the greed, people look at the chart to see an insanely rising trend, kept jumping on to make money , rising the price and that's all about it.

now the way I look at the bigger picture of any new market is that, the rich / the whales or whatever you name them have to make the most of it. there is noway they will let all the geeks who out of passion bought thousands of BTCs for almost no price to become millionaires just like that. despite the vision of bitcoin, it will never set people free the way many people think. you need to suffer to be set free, it won't be as easy as you think it is. the whales need to take every single BTC they can from you before they can approve the market and allow it grow into a trillion $ market.

as long as we still call 3k to be bottom then it most likely won't be, since we are physiologically prepared for this point, so many of us are not panicking and still holding to our coins, they will still try to make it look worse, put you in a position where you really start to think BTC is going to 0, once that happen then moon comes.

now again this all could be wrong, maybe at this price the majority of the holders are not willing to sell anymore and the whales do not have a magic stick to force it , and if that's the case then we could moon up from here. but really what are the odds?

to me i take TA very seriously,its been working just fine for me, i do not sit there desperately waiting for moon when the price is collapsing , I do not cash out any profit from trading unless i need to , the plan is to get more BTCs  by selling every possible chance and buying at a lower price. so this is no FUD what so ever. if you are a trader, then you might need to start thinking of the possible scenarios ahead, be ready to act accordingly , try to get as much BTC as you can, so that in 5 years time you can quite your boring job and live free.

this bear scenario only ends with a daily candle closing above at least 7500$ , anything aside from that will be nothing but bull traps for the poor to fall in. remember there will always be good chances to go low. if you think the price is still going down and you are afraid to miss the bottom entry then you will be rekt. however if you are accumulating bitcoin only to sell it 5-10 years from now then you should not worry about 50% decline because it is only minor for long term.

This is not a financial advice what so ever, do whatever the fudge you want to do with your own money.

and , Good luck !

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:10:05 AM

However there is some GOOD news here!

the 2900-3600 is rather a very strong support zone as seems to be on the weekly chart.

So there is a good chance that this may be the end of the bear trend,even though the 2900$ seems to be the most reliable bottom within this green support zone but anything from TOP to BOTTOM of this zone is actually a good support on the weekly trend.

the chart still looks drippy, with no major capitulation bottom in sight. i'm hoping bulls show up with strength on any dip below $3k, just like they did last year. a high volume rejection in the $3k area should exhaust sellers and give us another shot at a V bottom.

The nearest support area that we can count on would be 950$ to 1350$ .  WTF  Huh

There is however a minor support at 1900$ but that support was only tested once as a part of a small correction during the last bull run in July 2017.

the price doesn't always need to drop to tested support levels. those levels just represent possible reversal points. the market could find new (previously untested) supports earlier.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:27:10 AM

the only way that bitcoin price can have another major drop lower that the previous low that was reached is that if we see another major manipulation similar to what we had when this last big drop occurred. i am referring to the BCash fork attack. and since we have no more of that coming so i do not expect any kind of drop
not to mention that drops never come out of nowhere! they need some sort of initiation that needs to be stronger since price is so much lower and it has become extremely hard to push it any lower than this.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:21:42 AM

So you think bitcoin price is going ahead towards 1K USD.Great!I'm going to wait and buy some bitcoins then.
I have reasons to think that the next year is going to be awesome for bitcoin.Buying at 1K and selling after a few months at 5-6K USD would be awesome for me.I don't believe that bitcoin might reach another ATH in the next 2-3 years,but having a lower price now still guarantees big profits later.

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:36:57 AM

I think there will be very strong support around $3000 as this is the psychological barrier at which point bitcoin will either make or break. If it's not defended properly then it will fall
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:11:40 AM

So you think bitcoin price is going ahead towards 1K USD.Great!I'm going to wait and buy some bitcoins then.
I have reasons to think that the next year is going to be awesome for bitcoin.Buying at 1K and selling after a few months at 5-6K USD would be awesome for me.I don't believe that bitcoin might reach another ATH in the next 2-3 years,but having a lower price now still guarantees big profits later.

You are right, If this scenario happens then I am too ready to buy a lot of BTC. It clearly seems that there are no chances for a bull run this year. So we need to change our plans accordingly by buying more coins, yes we need to wait for a few more months now. We cannot change the nature of cryptocurrency lets believe the upcoming year might be great for us.

Am I spamming? Report me!
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:30:22 AM

you are making the situation worse that it really is only inside your head by drawing lines on the chart. so far nobody could ever predict bitcoin by only using TA and lines on the chart!
this doesn't mean $1k is not possible, but it means that you have no logical reason to expect that price or anything lower than $3.5k to be possible at this point.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 08:46:59 AM

You state that fundamentals are not important, but I believe that they are the most important considerations. For example, your chart doesn't take account of the imminent inversion of the yields in the US bond markets, or the probable chucking of DoucheBank under the bus. If you are a short term day trader, then the charts can help you to predict the moves that will be made by the whales to manipulate the market, but without considering fundamentals, and the external financial and economic factors, it is hard to get a feel for whale sentiment.

Another important fact is that you don't include volume, and that is relevant to determine the importance of price movements in my opinion.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:50:02 AM

I think there will be very strong support around $3000 as this is the psychological barrier at which point bitcoin will either make or break. If it's not defended properly then it will fall

Those who already buy some BTC are definitely holding and waiting for the right time. Worse cases happens anytime especially we are in cryptocurrencies which we believe that its value can't be manipulated.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

I guess it clearly indicates there are very less chances for the bull run, a long way to go guys just hold your nerves and keep calm crypto has different thoughts for a few more months. Don't sell your coins now happy days are on the way have patience and wait for your day.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 11:44:52 AM

People will be panic when the price break at the $3000 and there will be a mass selling among the exchanges and makes the price to go down for deeper. It is what happens if the price cannot stay up to $3481 which is the lowest price of bitcoin ever. And if this happens again, then some people cannot hold any longer and decide to cut loss the bitcoin. But when the price can get down in less than $3500, then there will be any new investor come and invest the money in bitcoin. The primary support is at $3000 and still active until now, but I don't know if there are any down of the price, so it makes the price get down for more. I hope that there is a reversal of the price so it will push the price to go up to $3900-$4000 but the trend still down.
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:31:55 PM

You state that fundamentals are not important, but I believe that they are the most important considerations. For example, your chart doesn't take account of the imminent inversion of the yields in the US bond markets, or the probable chucking of DoucheBank under the bus. If you are a short term day trader, then the charts can help you to predict the moves that will be made by the whales to manipulate the market, but without considering fundamentals, and the external financial and economic factors, it is hard to get a feel for whale sentiment.

Another important fact is that you don't include volume, and that is relevant to determine the importance of price movements in my opinion.

yes fundamentals are almost not important at all, this is not my own conclusion. if fundamentals are important then why did bitcoin rised from 3k to 20k ? was there any mass adoption ? any etfs? any real contribution to the world? NONE ! people got into bitcoin based on the rising price and only to make profit. the fundamentals have been positive for the past a few months ,more awareness, more adoption , rumors about ETF and almost everyone and their grandmother's learned about bitcoin, yet the price kept falling. investors do not care about fundamentals, they want to buy something they can sell for profit in the next day / week / month or year.

you tell someone to buy btc at 3k only to sell it for 1k while the fundamentals are all looking great ! nobody will buy it. tell them that btc is going no were and it's a bubble with no real use for the world but they will be able to sell it for 10k , they sure as hell will buy it.

as for the volume i could care less, for all i know price moves and respect major support/resistance lines. if you disagree then go ahead and post your chart showing us how will price react to volume.

you are making the situation worse that it really is only inside your head by drawing lines on the chart. so far nobody could ever predict bitcoin by only using TA and lines on the chart!
this doesn't mean $1k is not possible, but it means that you have no logical reason to expect that price or anything lower than $3.5k to be possible at this point.

indeed TA is not a crystal ball that will tell you exactly everything about the future, but it's funny to think that 1k is not possible, if btc fell from 20k to 3.5 why would 1k or even 500$ be impossible? where are down over 80% from ATH, another 10% or 15% from ATH is nothing much. i am not saying we are diffently going there, but it is very possible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:04:19 PM

Possibly if that strong support in $2900 was eaten out.  Anyway, I believe market orders changes as funds comes and go in the market.  There is also a possible scenario that right after that strong support is broken, buy order would come in.  Market is not stagnant like taking picture and it freezes there.  Every minute, market changes so it is too early to tell that BTC will go down below $2k . 
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:37:28 PM

indeed TA is not a crystal ball that will tell you exactly everything about the future, but it's funny to think that 1k is not possible, if btc fell from 20k to 3.5 why would 1k or even 500$ be impossible? where are down over 80% from ATH, another 10% or 15% from ATH is nothing much. i am not saying we are diffently going there, but it is very possible.
Crypto has proven to do the impossible, so we can't rule out any price levels from this point, but we have to be realistic enough to understand that once prices move up or down people turn either super bullish or super bearish.

Overall, rallies usually tank back to where they started if it isn't based on fundamental growth. Before the $10,000 mark was reached last year we had a failed rally to $5000 which bottomed around $3000 which is the price it started rallying from.

Doesn't it look like coincidence that last year during the all time high the CME platform went live, and that now we're nearing the bottom we might again see the launch of another legacy Bitcoin futures platform?

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
allohm

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:56:15 PM

That is one excellent analysis OP, it may never happen but you do try to prepare yourself for most of the outcomes. Although i would not expect BTC lower than 1000 i would expect it (by 20% chances) at around the previous official ATH (~1300), so just in case i have some orders there waiting. I think you have missed one factor; the new futures market. As with CBOE the great bear started, it may be the opposite now. with BAKKT the great bull starts. If the big boys are officially in to make big money thay will try to destroy as many as possible before that (old hodlers). So yeah i tend to agree with your theory on this.

Also another factor not put into the analysis is the oncoming regulation. I suspect BTC will "sell its soul" to its enemy (the state) in order to gain legitimacy. If this is true then with legitimacy you have tax implications that will most propably induce stability on the price (no more big candles). unless you have a well working futures market for hedging. and this are the pieces that we are seeing played out now. (this is just a theory and not knowledge).
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:07:13 PM

yes fundamentals are almost not important at all, this is not my own conclusion. if fundamentals are important then why did bitcoin rised from 3k to 20k ? was there any mass adoption ? any etfs? any real contribution to the world? NONE !

the existence of fundamentals doesn't imply markets are rational. the rise to $20k was not rational. unsurprisingly, we are returning to the mean now.

you can't ignore that fundamentals underlie the market, creating demand (via use cases, transactional ecosystem, investment). why else does bitcoin have a long term uptrend of higher lows that has never been broken? the technicals don't just invent themselves; they reflect supply and demand which is totally linked to fundamentals.

mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:45:05 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2019, 03:57:37 AM by mikeywith

yes fundamentals are almost not important at all, this is not my own conclusion. if fundamentals are important then why did bitcoin rised from 3k to 20k ? was there any mass adoption ? any etfs? any real contribution to the world? NONE !

the existence of fundamentals doesn't imply markets are rational. the rise to $20k was not rational. unsurprisingly, we are returning to the mean now.

you can't ignore that fundamentals underlie the market, creating demand (via use cases, transactional ecosystem, investment). why else does bitcoin have a long term uptrend of higher lows that has never been broken? the technicals don't just invent themselves; they reflect supply and demand which is totally linked to fundamentals.

what exactly those higher lows that have never been broken?  there were higher lows by the tons that have been broken , and yet more will likely fall too.

I understand your point, but i have to disagree ( use cases, transactional ecosystem) have minimum affects on prices.

proof is, most of us are now waiting for ETF , and Nasdaq btc futures to bring the attention of investors to then raise the price, how on earth will ETF improve BTC itself?

the point that you do not seem to understand is that  investors buy just about everything to sell it for a higher price and not because they like it or they think it has a use case. if you look around you will find many things that are worth much more than their real value. but it's just the way the world works, demand increases price and that's all about it.

again i do not understand how difficult is it for everyone to see that Fundamentals as of today are much better than they were last December while price is 80% lower. this fact goes exactly against your claim that "( fundamentals underlie the market, creating demand)"

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:28:24 AM

Doesn't it look like coincidence that last year during the all time high the CME platform went live, and that now we're nearing the bottom we might again see the launch of another legacy Bitcoin futures platform?

what are you implying, that anytime a legacy platform launches the price needs to see a major reversal? the CBOE futures launch doesn't seem to fit the narrative.

bakkt may or may not be launching near the bottom. if it gets delayed again, it'll raise a lot of question marks as to whether it was empty hype like all the ETF applications.

WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:22:31 AM

The rise to $20k was purely on the coat tails of ethereum scam ico use case. If ethereum never existed I bet the last halving would have peaked at around $2500. Since ethereum's use case of scam icos has been smashed with a governmental sledge hammer, the drop for bitcoin may be severe (back in the hundreds?)
What. Is. The. Use. Case. Of. Bitcoin.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:06:01 AM

There are weak supports even further down the line because if the price is closer to one support line that gets heavier and heavier over time whereas the support for something like 1900 doesn't need to be strong since the price is so far away from it. If the price was about 2200 dollars right now you can be definitely sure that the support line for 1900 would have been much stronger than what it is right now.

The point I am trying to make is that the closest support line is always the heaviest one there is and the further down it goes becomes weaker. Same with resistance, if the price somehow magically went up to 18 thousand dollars right now, it is easier for it to go to 19 thousand dollars however it is incredibly hard to go back to 6.5 thousand which it was just a month ago.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: