Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: You have an Active Node Full Time ?
24/7 - 20 (39.2%)
12/7 - 1 (2%)
A few hours a day - 4 (7.8%)
Never - 10 (19.6%)
In the future maybe - 10 (19.6%)
It is not of your interest - 6 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Full Nodes Bitcoin Online ?  (Read 22454 times)
VB1001 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 10:02:28 AM

^
I'm still using my full node 24/7

But I like to report the news presented by the companies and more when it comes to the possibility of installing a complete node in a phone.

The people of the street are the ones who will take us to the massive adoption with news like this, presenting their product to the public with Bitcoin for their promotion in the market.

I would like to see news like this every day.

People who are not part of Bitcointalk or the virtual currency forums do not want, nor are they interested in how to manage a full node with their wallet, they want to send and receive BTC in an application on their phone without complications.

We already know that this does not work like that and then the claims will come...

I would not buy the phone either. Wink

About the code I found this:

The phone also comes with a built-in hardware wallet, known as the Zion Vault. First introduced with the Exodus 1 earlier this year, the Zion Vault stores cryptocurrency keys in a trusted execution environment, allowing users to easily own and spend cryptocurrencies without exposing them to malicious applications.

The Exodus 1s will take the vault a step further, releasing a software development kit (SDK for the Zion Vault. The new toolkit will allow developers to explore integrating cryptocurrencies and the smartphone with third-party apps. “We understand it takes a community to ensure strength and security,” HTC said in the announcement, “so it’s important to the EXODUS team that our community have the best tools available to them.”

https://cryptobriefing.com/htc-phone-bitcoin-full-node/

1PCm7LqVkhj4xRpKNyyEeekwhc1mzK52cT
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:13:02 PM

most phone based 'full nodes' are not full nodes.

firstly by default they hold a pre installed blockchain (defeats purpose of decentralised syncing)
(also risk of man in middle malware preinstalled)

secondly, if prunned the 'node' no longer becomes a seed for other nodes to leach from thus losing 'full' ability of aiding the network

thirdly some of these apps dont ip link to random other full nodes but API call known/named nodes of the phone software(their own special dns)

fourthly although 5g has the speed to relay current data propagation fast. the line rental plans of cell phones become a hindrence

this is why full nodes should be for landline/computers... and litewallets for cell phone. after all a cellphone would overheat/break quick if used as a 24/7 piece of equipment thats always charged and in use.
trying to make bitcoin go backwards by making it attempt to run on any device including a glorified calculator, does not help the network

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
VB1001 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 10:21:58 AM

"Maxwell, Wuille Co-Author Proposal for a Big Boost to Bitcoin’s Bandwidth"

Called Erlay, the proposed protocol alters the way transactions are relayed so that they use significantly less bandwidth, an important resource for the nodes that make up the network. The authors include The University of British Columbia researcher Gleb Naumenko as well as two bitcoin development heavy-weights: Greg Maxwell and Pieter Wuille.

https://www.coindesk.com/maxwell-wuille-co-author-proposal-for-a-big-boost-to-bitcoins-bandwidth

A little more information about this:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2019-May/016994.html

https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.10518

1PCm7LqVkhj4xRpKNyyEeekwhc1mzK52cT
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 12:51:57 PM

"Maxwell, Wuille Co-Author Proposal for a Big Boost to Bitcoin’s Bandwidth"

i had a discussion with gmax about minisketch utility a while back
he was wanting to use minisketch just for the compact block part of network protocol once a block was confirmed. the funny point i was trying to make him realise was, why are nodes foolishly ignoring transactions at the initial transaction relay to even need to mini sketch at blockheader propagation.

seems it took him long enough to cotton on to sort out the initial transaction relay part

gotta find it funny how theres lines of code to ignore transactions using min fee and min dust at initial tx relay. then more code to analyse whats missing and grab them same tx's later

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: