Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a loser. My only question now is, how do I tell my wife  (Read 2021 times)
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:53:11 AM

This story is Bullshit. No one could be this stupid.

I don't want to be in his shoes now, his wife could file a divorce or even sue him this could ruin his life, this is what happens when you invest your earnings, it should be investing what you can afford to lose, and he learned this lesson the hard way, I pity him.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delphic

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:21:12 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss.The wife needs to tell the truth and preferably the sooner the better.It is urgent to buy the house, until all is lost.This is a very difficult situation, but I can't comfort you.It's only going to get worse.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 12:26:13 PM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.
You took the risk then better to stand.
If you sell now then you will lose badly. If the price drops further then your loss will be bigger. Personally I will wait until I can sell with the minimum possible loss...

universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:41:12 PM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.

Not a loser but more of you being cover by your greed so you do it. If selling off the ethereum you have at the moment can help you settle partial of the mortgage you should do so, although i believe in the future of crypto but when will the exact date be i does not know let this be a heavy lesson don't be greedy anymore greedy is more like gambling and not investing or trading.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:01:40 PM

sad to hear it Sad you are not a loser
but you are a gambler , you gambled on ETH to increase in price and you made the wrong call
it happens, do not despair, after all you had a paid off house to start with
how many people here can boast that? I guess not everyone has a house worth 300.000
what I suggest- you talk to your wife and tell her everything
if she loves you, she will understand and you will feel much better
as for HODling or not, I would hodl - if you sell now you will lose like 70% of the value
if you can wait for a year or more, do it

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:21:23 PM

i think you should tell your wife as soon as possible. i know she will very angry but if you dont talk right now, you will regret it. so talk with her as sson as possible about your investment

SventraPapere

Activity: 410

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

Give up!)The wife will kill you,but it's not forever)))the Situation is terrible,you're screwed man,but know you're not alone,we're all screwed)I do Not know if we have the chance to get out of it.Let's hope for the best.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

You sir have balls.Respect to those big balls.I hope any whingy judgemental feg cunt who tells you otherwise should go and die from a miserable snowflake form of mutated cancer ebola.Gamblers we salute you.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

Your situation is very bad unfortunately. First of all I wish you had read this forum in more detail. I've seen dozens of times warning that they don't invest in cryptocurrencies with lending money.

Of course, there is nothing to do after this time. I think you should accept it and talk to your partner.

hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:21:14 PM

Instead of holding if you have also traded then your purchase price would have come and you would have taken your investment out and now this coins would have been free for you. But still if you know trading then with this coins you can daily trade and make profit, Like on daily high sell and then buy back keeping 5% profit ration so like this you can gain some investment back slowly. This is the only way to get out of your loss. other then that holding is the only option and that you can not do until you dont disclose this situation to your wife.

shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:34:06 PM

I'd like to say two things,

1. Don't think you are loser, believe in long-term
2. Don't let your wife know as long as possible.

You can tell her after selling your investments!
vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:22:15 PM

That sucks man.

If it makes you feel any better, I invested around 170 000$ in a stock market. Quickly after that, it wen't down like 60+ %. I was tempted to sell but I endured and it came back, and now my money is doubled. I did not tell my wife until the money was positive, luckily I had quite the salary and the money i invested was saved, not loaned.

I know it is not the same situation,  you are in much more deep sh*t. If you sell now, you will sell for 90% loss, this will just postpone your bankruptcy a few months, so the pain is coming for you anyway. Therefore, you should endure. Hold and hope for the best. I am not sure if you should tell your wife now. If your salary is good enough to cover the payments and still live decent life so the wife doesn't suspect, don't say anything. In my opinion, if you sell now you are doing what (((they))) want, they took your money at high, paid you 10% back, and will rinse and repeat this cycle. Hold is your only option

Good luck
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:34:27 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I invested around 170 000$ in a stock market. Quickly after that, it wen't down like 60+ %. I was tempted to sell but I endured and it came back, and now my money is doubled. I did not tell my wife until the money was positive, luckily I had quite the salary and the money i invested was saved, not loaned.

Would you regard that as your money, or you and your wife's money?

If I were married I'd only be making bets with money that was unequivocally my own, and I wouldn't tell her indoors about them either.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:36:15 PM

Admit it before the wife, I think she will understand you.
Do not keep everything in ethereum, create yourself a package of 5-7 top coins and wait on.
andrerusso

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:57:25 PM

just tell the truth.  losers are those who can't face reality. 
KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:36:12 PM

Admit it before the wife, I think she will understand you.
Do not keep everything in ethereum, create yourself a package of 5-7 top coins and wait on.

So the whole package crashes down and he's even in a worse boat than before?

Honestly because you mortgaged the house without your wife's knowledge, I don't think your marriage means really anything to you. You don't want to tell your wife either after you made such a big loss because you're scared? Scared of what? I might be sounding like some naive samaritan here, but I personally believe marrying someone means you're going to share AT LEAST a part of your life with her. Not telling your wife about all this just means you might be better off alone.

Beep boop beep boop
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

There's a tiny line between being risk seeker and gambler. Not here to judge you, but one should carefully assess and manage the risk when investing.I hope things get resolved for you.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:49:37 PM

If you still holding the coin or tokens then you are not yet a loser, there is always a comeback.
Just keep holding and you will gain soon as the market can recover anytime.
You can tell your wife the truth as it will ease your pain, and it will be better for the both of you.
Umaga. G

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:02:31 PM

It is a market where only spare money should invested which you are ready to loose ,no need to grumble now wait and watch as per your statement you are already looser.
acarli

Activity: 267
Merit: 77

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 02:34:30 PM

If you still holding the coin or tokens then you are not yet a loser, there is always a comeback.
Just keep holding and you will gain soon as the market can recover anytime.
You can tell your wife the truth as it will ease your pain, and it will be better for the both of you.

Here's an article from the smart investor that supports your post. I thought had a pretty good argument, but I am not convinced.

https://smallivy.com/2011/06/15/you-dont-lose-money-in-stocks-unless-you-sell/

I grew up with my parents telling me this. After thinking about it quite some time I've come to the conclusion that this is a myth or a false sense of security. You should always take the actual "value" of an asset, not what you paid for it as a reference. It's not about losing or winning, but the current actual value of the asset. Let's say you have 10 BTC and you bought it for 20k a piece. You now have about 35k in value. So, in terms of actual value which is your buying power.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: