Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:02:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀[ANN] DEEPER NETWORK - World's first HW for secure sharing and fair mining🔥  (Read 19275 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitcoinlike.drug

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 05:39:01 PM

I am very excited about this project, but my main concern regarding this private Internet connection is the exit node. We know that exit nodes are always areas of vulnerability for privacy. Considering that some users will have to use hardware to keep your private network active, I am wondering to what extent this might be a risk for them. 
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deeper.network (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:03:04 AM

I am very excited about this project, but my main concern regarding this private Internet connection is the exit node. We know that exit nodes are always areas of vulnerability for privacy. Considering that some users will have to use hardware to keep your private network active, I am wondering to what extent this might be a risk for them. 
This is a very good question. We already have the solution to eliminate the risk for users.
In AtomOS, we do NAT for every connection, for the connections from other users, AtomOS will assign them a specified range source port such as ( 60000~65534). This can help user to clarify the bad traffic is from others instead of himself.
Format.C^

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 07:25:11 PM

Very interesting project. I hope this project will bring some real use cases for crypto tokens. I see that unlike most of the hyped-up projects in the days of ICO fever, you have a working product. The market has been so bad lately and there has been so much capital destruction. People have lost hope in ICOs and crypto in general. We need to reinvent the market and stop paying attention to the projects with rockstars that deliver nothing. Some of those projects are at the top 10 in market cap. We need to pay attention to real projects with an ethical and hardworking crew.
Alexjustin222

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:56:25 PM

Hello, although I’m interested in your project, I would like to know more about the brains behind it… I mean, who is the developing team, you know, their experience and credentials in this industry.
Elsop

Activity: 166
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:59:30 AM

Is this a mesh network project?

█████ ███ ██
GOLDARIO█████ ███ ██
▐ ▌ Your Share in the World's Digital Economy ▐ ▌ (http://www.goldario.com/)
Suyhdfg

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:10:29 PM

Could you create a Medium article explaining your tunneling technologies (AtomOS) to the man on the street? I kind of understand that you have designed them to circumvent censorship and to ensure the high performance and scalability of the system. But I still haven’t connected all the dots. I guess most people interested in privacy would like to know how they will be better than VP technologies which are always open to exploitation.
deeper.network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:28:24 AM

Is this a mesh network project?

Yes, it will be. AtomOS 2.0 will introduce peer routing to create a mesh network.
AtomOS 1.x only provide end to end secure connection to customers.
deeper.network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:33:58 AM

Very interesting project. I hope this project will bring some real use cases for crypto tokens. I see that unlike most of the hyped-up projects in the days of ICO fever, you have a working product. The market has been so bad lately and there has been so much capital destruction. People have lost hope in ICOs and crypto in general. We need to reinvent the market and stop paying attention to the projects with rockstars that deliver nothing. Some of those projects are at the top 10 in market cap. We need to pay attention to real projects with an ethical and hardworking crew.

I agree. Product first is Deeper's style. If anyone who want to get a free or buy a  Deeper Connect, please join our telegram channel.
You will see how our product to provide a free and secure Internet connection to our users.
deeper.network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:43:30 AM

Could you create a Medium article explaining your tunneling technologies (AtomOS) to the man on the street? I kind of understand that you have designed them to circumvent censorship and to ensure the high performance and scalability of the system. But I still haven’t connected all the dots. I guess most people interested in privacy would like to know how they will be better than VP technologies which are always open to exploitation.

In short, unlike VPN vendors, Deeper doesn't provide service, all Deeper Connect users can use trident protocol of AtomOS to connect each other to make a free and secure network.

You can refer this article to get a brief view of Deeper:
https://medium.com/@deeper.network/deeper-connect-private-and-secure-internet-for-the-people-4fb9ccbab07c
pony.deeper

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:17:39 AM

You can find some detail of our technology in the whitepaper:
https://deeper.network/assets/pdf/whitepaper/Deeper-WP-EN-1130.pdf

We'll work on Medium articles in the future. To answer your question, VPN uses central service nodes and its traffic pattern is easily recognized by censorship. Deeper network is decentralized and nodes discover each other on blockchain. AtomOS tunnel encrypts all data being transferred and disguises traffic pattern. Last but not least, VPN is way too slow when dealing with internationl Internet traffic. AtomOS implements fast TCP and novel congestion control algorithms to accelerate data transmission. For example, we tested 4K video streaming between US and China and observed no delays at all.

Thanks for your interest in our project. Stay tuned!
pony.deeper

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:36:21 AM

Absolutely. There's always hype and speculation in new markets. Just like the Internet bubble around 2000. Don't lose confidence in blockchain. Internet has proven itself in the past 20 years and blockchain will, too. Deeper network is one of the projects with real use cases. We'll be focusing on deploying our devices rather than ICOs. Anyway, be patient and look forward into the next 5 years or so.
pony.deeper

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:54:43 AM

This is a very good question. We already have the solution to eliminate the risk for users.
In AtomOS, we do NAT for every connection, for the connections from other users, AtomOS will assign them a specified range source port such as ( 60000~65534). This can help user to clarify the bad traffic is from others instead of himself.
Good question. Let me add some more points here:
1. Users will use our dedicated hardware, DeeperConnect, to maintain Deeper network. It does not involve your other devices.
2. We are a team of network security experts who are in this industry for decades. Strict traffic isolation is implemented between your own traffic and other traffic. You can also specify how much bandwidth you want to share.
3. DeeperConnect itself is a hardware firewall. It protects you from malware and other Internet threats. It's actually better than Mcafee or similar products as you now don't need to install any of them in your computer, but have a dedicated device to handle all those things.
Huiruis

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:48:31 PM

Will miners acting like nodes have the option to set a whitelist of websites they will allow users to contact when using them as a proxy? Since some of us may not want to have local law enforcement visiting us in our homes. Any details?
deeper.network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 06:05:09 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2019, 06:33:50 AM by deeper.network

Beta test in progress

We are beta-testing our Deeper Connect devices!
Deeper Connect (the 2 images below) is a solution for all the internet security problems and an innovative way of sharing!

The distribution of Deeper Connect nodes that are under testing is illustrated in the following image.

Popeyes032

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:19:54 PM

Considering that you already have a router for a private Internet connection that will be used as a mining rig too, I am curious about the protocol. What exactly does Proof of Credit mean? So far we know that PoW is the most secure protocol but expends massive amounts of energy. And although we all dream of seeing BTC in the range of 100k-300k (if it ever reaches new ATH or if it survives) such a price could only come at a huge energetic cost. Currently PoW could be described as, literally, energy suicide. You mention that this router doubles as a mining rig and operates on only 12 watts. I would like to know if you have considered or anticipate any vulnerabilities.
Intihar4

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 12:25:46 AM

I am thinking that if Deeper Network is a security device, then it is going to be useful for people handling crypto or those vulnerable to attacks by malicious agents.
Bitcoinlike.drug

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 08:01:42 PM

When do you plan to have your token on exchanges? Do you plan to hit up any crypto exchanges like Binance, KuCoin or Huobi?
Cryptoenthusbusa

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 08:47:50 PM

There are some projects that allow users to sell their private data to marketing companies. I am wondering if you are considering that option or if your project is solely based on privacy and free access to information. Have you considered collaboration with such projects?

⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃  HiveNet  ⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃⯃
               THE NEXT GENERATION OF CLOUD COMPUTING               
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 09:50:51 PM

Hmm, I like good projects to tinker with.

So if I understood correctly, once AtomOS is released, anyone anywhere can install a node on whatever hardware he wants (be it a pi or a nuc for instance)? Are homemade devices allowed to mine on the e2 chain too?

Because the main issue usually is getting those "official" devices shipped abroad. They usually cost quite a bit and paying import and shipping taxes is always an annoyance.

Can more than one device run on a home network? Asking as residential internet connections usually have one single (and dynamic) IP. Or could I potentially a deep army of rPIs :p?

BTW there's a typo page 64: "Similar to Carnado [9], ", it's Cardano, not Carnado

I know it's a small detail, but it's worth correcting...
pony.deeper

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:29:44 AM

Hmm, I like good projects to tinker with.

So if I understood correctly, once AtomOS is released, anyone anywhere can install a node on whatever hardware he wants (be it a pi or a nuc for instance)? Are homemade devices allowed to mine on the e2 chain too?

Because the main issue usually is getting those "official" devices shipped abroad. They usually cost quite a bit and paying import and shipping taxes is always an annoyance.

Can more than one device run on a home network? Asking as residential internet connections usually have one single (and dynamic) IP. Or could I potentially a deep army of rPIs :p?

BTW there's a typo page 64: "Similar to Carnado [9], ", it's Cardano, not Carnado

I know it's a small detail, but it's worth correcting...
Just fixed the typo in whitepaper Smiley Thanks very much!

You basically need to run AtomOS to participate in e2 chain mining. A mini PC + AtomOS definitely works! As for multiple nodes in a home network, I don't have an answer now. We'll carefully think about it in e2 chain implementation. We generally discourage mining farms as we want to give everybody an equal chance to participate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: