Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:31:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of bitcoin and independent money  (Read 991 times)
opv321

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:06:57 AM

Bitcoin transactions are slow. It is highly impractible to pay for anything in a retail store, when you have to wait up to 30 minutes for the transaction to be confirmed.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:36:59 AM

Bitcoin transactions are slow. It is highly impractible to pay for anything in a retail store, when you have to wait up to 30 minutes for the transaction to be confirmed.
Today it is not as long as you think, but such a problem really exists and I hope that it will be solved very soon, you probably also heard about Lightning. It is already there and everything is already working there.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:49:48 AM

Let us be with you will really look at this world, because it is this world today that is real. Today, in most cases, it turns out that people do not understand what cryptocurrency and blockchain are, today these are like magic words for most people. They just won't understand.
kangbasir

Activity: 394
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:01:35 PM

indeed, between crypto money and independent money cannot be separated from our real life and both of these currencies are equally necessary because, if there is no crypto or independent money, we cannot carry out transactions related to money so that crypto and independent are suitable.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:43:23 PM

My thought about this is that, since it is not yet fully lunched, how are you sure it will keep up with its value, talk more of maintain some defined prices at different times.
Then apart from stating that the value will be maintained, how are you sure it can compete favourably with bitcoin?
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:48:29 PM

So we all know bitcoin has a fixed supply. The store of value is there. However when it comes to trading and everyday transactions, we all know we can't use bitcoin sustainably. I've been really exploring stablecoins lately and I'm not really into fiat coins. I think they go against crypto period.

Has anyone looked into Ampleforth (formerly Fragments)? Instead of having a store of wealth, they'r every much like bitcoin where they focus on store of value, BUT they also included the unit of account. Essentially they maintain a price target and uses a protocol to inflate/deflate "amples" proportionally to the market change. So you will always have the same value in your wallet, but the quantity of "amples" can change

Thoughts on this??

Aint them all? Whatever it is they are the mimic of bitcoin. Limited supply and a stored value.

They all came from the idea of bitcoin and not fiat wherein you could not create anymore coin besides what is said on how much it is.
Could thing about this is there is no fake unlike fiat but there are copies. Just like BCH who have gained a lot of value even if it only came from bitcoin itself.

Actually that is the problem with cryptos. It is easily created by anyone by now and they say it is a legit project. Thank God satoshi did hide afterwards or else it could have been worst.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:15:34 PM

when you have a system as big as bitcoin you want to keep it at a balance. a balance between all the features of it. for example a balance between decentralization and transaction per second. a balance between the supply and the demand. and a lot more.
so you can't just take one thing like TPS and then analyze that alone. if you want to talk about a feature and its alternatives (like the PoW algorithm that people constantly talk about these days) you also have to talk about the pros and cons of the alternatives.
for example the coin you are introducing has sacrificed centralization and that is a no go for me.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
wavesroom

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:16:22 PM

Experts expect the current global currency market to grow to around $ 140 trillion in the next 10 years. The share of Fiat money will fall. Growth will be due to cryptocurrency. Their amount will be as much as 100 trillion. Bitcoin will provide about 10% of this market, or $ 10 trillion. Other coins will grow and surprise us.

Tim Draper is confident that bitcoin is moving higher  will soar to$ 250,000 by 2022.
Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:29:02 PM

the future of bitcoin nobody knows it could be better or worse. if we want the benefits of bitcoin depending on how we trade. a trader has a different method of trading, although now the market price is not stable, but they can benefit even a little.

lobanoval

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 09:36:43 PM

Bitcoin will always be around, but yes I do see the need of something like ampleforth for stability and remittance. I took a crack at their whitepaper and it's very interesting.

wp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-NmSnQ6E7wY1nyouuf-GuDdJWNCnJWl/view
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:38:38 PM

Anyway bitcoin stay in our life. I think that soon bitcoin will rise and more strong. Its has very good future. BTC is number one and will survive
oper802

Activity: 406

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 11:20:48 PM

Today it is not as long as you think, but such a problem really exists and I hope that it will be solved very soon, you probably also heard about Lightning. It is already there and everything is already working there.
The other problem is that cryptocurrency is not accepted yet in some countries, then how can we use the coin to do any transactions. Actually, this cryptocurrency is created to make us easier in any activities in our life, but not all of the people know that.

trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:27:49 PM

the future of bitcoin nobody knows it could be better or worse. if we want the benefits of bitcoin depending on how we trade. a trader has a different method of trading, although now the market price is not stable, but they can benefit even a little.

I think that there are obmmy which pass not through the exchange. That is, some projects today still go through normal negotiations, respectively, these volumes are very large and they are not fixed at all and are being sold absolutely calmly.
MainIbem

Activity: 1386
Merit: 400

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:41:39 PM

There are new innovations into this world of cryptocurrency. There are more and more additions to various aspects of the blockchain. From scalability to PoW, to PoS, there is always something being added. So if Fragments is adding to the evolving of the blockchain is a welcome development.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

Maybe I will say the wrong things, but in some respects today, only users who are not thinking about the Project, but are thinking about personal enrichment, deal with cryptocurrency. Perhaps it is because of this that today the cryptocurrency market suffers a big catastrophe.
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:53:44 PM

IMHO, you need to consider Bitcoin not as a means of payment, transactions, but as a means of accumulation. You are not trying to transfer gold from one account to another? You are not trying to sell diamonds? So here, Bitcoin is a means of accumulating money.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:57:48 PM

// 2. The Ampleforth Model

Betty purchases 1 Ample at $1, demand increases and she now has 4000 Amples each worth $1."

Can you help me understand this model. Is it like this:

each Ample holder receives a proportional share of their coins when demand increases?

If yes, what about the coins that are not allocated at that time (not in circulation)? Are they also inflated?

Another question is what if the value of such token decrease in value, what will happen to the holdings of people?  Remember the market is not always going up.  There is a time that value decrease and since this is crypto there is a possibility that the value will decrease by more than 90%.   This kind of system is very complex and if ever they can reduce the holdings of people then this is no longer a decentralized cryptocurrency.
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 06:11:57 PM

In our modern time, the cryptocurrency has already been introduced so well that without it it is impossible to manage. And personally, I think that the future is behind cryptocurrency. Researchers say that cryptocurrency today already performs one of the three main functions of money: to be a means of accumulation and saving. After all, most of those who bought a cryptocurrency do not perform other operations with it - they only store it. And they are waiting for them to grow up and it will be ten times more profit.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 07:09:18 PM

Trash321, lightning is working but the last time I checked early this year the project is still in beta stage but some project owners are still making use of it and I hope every was fix before next year we can all enjoy crypto at large.

The other problem is that cryptocurrency is not accepted yet in some countries, then how can we use the coin to do any transactions. Actually, this cryptocurrency is created to make us easier in any activities in our life, but not all of the people know that.

Yes, thats the major problem affecting crypto because everything were base on the internet and people from the rural dont have access into the internet but with the help of new project which allow the use of cryptocurrency through text soon the problem will be solve and what we just need now is powerful people joining the community.

apitico

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:00:38 PM

As long as the whole world is tied to the dollar, to trade any product or commodity in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency does not make sense, because today you buy for $ 10, and tomorrow the same product will cost $ 100.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: