Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of bitcoin and independent money  (Read 990 times)
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:31:15 PM

As long as the whole world is tied to the dollar, to trade any product or commodity in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency does not make sense, because today you buy for $ 10, and tomorrow the same product will cost $ 100.

You should understand that Bitcoin is no longer used for payment. So it will no longer be the case as you say, since most current investors consider Bitcoin or altcoin to be speculative things like gold or stocks.
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:37:28 PM

I think that the value of monetary units in the crypto market depends on supply and demand, therefore popularity and confidence in the market is crucial in pricing.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:55:21 PM

Actually Bitcoin was originally born as a currency not affected by any country. However, after it was traded, investors did not see it that way. And now it's a risky venture market, not like normal currencies
kamar25

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:30:53 PM

I don't know much about Ampleforth, but is the system better than other bitcoin or stabelcoin? but I'm not sure it will get better, or maybe a better investment

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:28:04 PM

There are new innovations into this world of cryptocurrency. There are more and more additions to various aspects of the blockchain. From scalability to PoW, to PoS, there is always something being added. So if Fragments is adding to the evolving of the blockchain is a welcome development.
Today there are so many innovations that only improve the work of the blockchain as a whole, because as we all understand the work of the blockchain BTC today is really not at its best, because there is a great need for this, since the speed of payments is very slow.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:20:22 PM

There are new innovations into this world of cryptocurrency. There are more and more additions to various aspects of the blockchain. From scalability to PoW, to PoS, there is always something being added. So if Fragments is adding to the evolving of the blockchain is a welcome development.

but the development of the technology is not matched by the ability of the product to be brought, for example when a new development is received, the method used has a deficiency in the other side even in 1 scope which ultimately cannot be used in a large scope
trash321

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:08:02 PM

but the development of the technology is not matched by the ability of the product to be brought, for example when a new development is received, the method used has a deficiency in the other side even in 1 scope which ultimately cannot be used in a large scope
The situation with technologies today is certainly extremely important, but if we are talking directly about BTC, then these are not just new opportunities for the payment system, this is a real way out of the enslaved monetary system, for example, the same dollar. I can confidently say that this is a normal way out of the situation.
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:20:24 PM

the project has a good movement, if there is a new project that is very relevant to the situation and has good development we must always think again, instead who knows the project will lead us to the realm of renewal that will make us successful later

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:00:34 AM

// 2. The Ampleforth Model

Betty purchases 1 Ample at $1, demand increases and she now has 4000 Amples each worth $1."

Can you help me understand this model. Is it like this:

each Ample holder receives a proportional share of their coins when demand increases?

If yes, what about the coins that are not allocated at that time (not in circulation)? Are they also inflated?

Another question is what if the value of such token decrease in value, what will happen to the holdings of people?  Remember the market is not always going up.  There is a time that value decrease and since this is crypto there is a possibility that the value will decrease by more than 90%.   This kind of system is very complex and if ever they can reduce the holdings of people then this is no longer a decentralized cryptocurrency.

They don't look at the value of tokens, but their system goes by unit of account, so if you have $100 worth of amples in your wallet, it will stay at the value, but the quantity of amples will change based on how the market demand changes. So in this case, if the market decreases by 10%, your amount of amples in your wallet will decrease 10%.

I don't know much about Ampleforth, but is the system better than other bitcoin or stabelcoin? but I'm not sure it will get better, or maybe a better investment

I recommend reading their whitepaper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-NmSnQ6E7wY1nyouuf-GuDdJWNCnJWl/view

I do think in terms of stablecoins, they offer a very unique solution that solves central inflation
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:13:38 AM

So we all know bitcoin has a fixed supply. The store of value is there. However when it comes to trading and everyday transactions, we all know we can't use bitcoin sustainably. I've been really exploring stablecoins lately and I'm not really into fiat coins. I think they go against crypto period.

Has anyone looked into Ampleforth (formerly Fragments)? Instead of having a store of wealth, they'r every much like bitcoin where they focus on store of value, BUT they also included the unit of account. Essentially they maintain a price target and uses a protocol to inflate/deflate "amples" proportionally to the market change. So you will always have the same value in your wallet, but the quantity of "amples" can change

Thoughts on this??

In the sense that bitcoin has its finite supply, there will be a chance that its price will go so much high if we already meet the total coins, we can compare this to a gold rather than ethereum with infinite supply.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1630

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 01:51:30 AM

If Crypto Currencies are to replace fiat money, of course there must be a tremendous transfer of value, and the

crypto - fiat conversion rates will wildly fluctuate. You cannot have a crypto revolution without similar boom / bust

cycles hitherto observed; it is not only a speculative opportunity, but also beneficial to the liberation of the individual.

glasbren

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:47:46 AM

So we all know bitcoin has a fixed supply. The store of value is there. However when it comes to trading and everyday transactions, we all know we can't use bitcoin sustainably. I've been really exploring stablecoins lately and I'm not really into fiat coins. I think they go against crypto period.

Has anyone looked into Ampleforth (formerly Fragments)? Instead of having a store of wealth, they'r every much like bitcoin where they focus on store of value, BUT they also included the unit of account. Essentially they maintain a price target and uses a protocol to inflate/deflate "amples" proportionally to the market change. So you will always have the same value in your wallet, but the quantity of "amples" can change

Thoughts on this??
Still don't really get what you were saying about that Ampleforth thing.
Perhaps you could provide a link so i could learn about that.
trash321

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:05:30 PM

the project has a good movement, if there is a new project that is very relevant to the situation and has good development we must always think again, instead who knows the project will lead us to the realm of renewal that will make us successful later
If we speak of cryptocurrencies as money that can be independent, then we are already very different from what may seem very futuristic to us. Although in general, the situation with independent money, I would say not very far.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:17:32 PM

I think that the future of all independent money is predetermined, at least while we are in the current value system. Financial giants are too tight on their feet, independent money will only reduce the amount of their profits and weaken their control, therefore independent money will turn into regulated financial instruments.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:33:35 PM

I think that the future of all independent money is predetermined, at least while we are in the current value system. Financial giants are too tight on their feet, independent money will only reduce the amount of their profits and weaken their control, therefore independent money will turn into regulated financial instruments.

But why look at independent money as a means of financial gains versus a means of transacting without central inflation? Ampleforth's model is meant for remittance and the future of independent money will be a global movement imo
Yarex

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:38:19 PM

Thoughts on this??

Bitcoin has prospects to be used as a full payment instrument in the future. But now this is far from the case. Whales are manipulating prices for this cryptocurrency. This makes it impossible to use Bitcoin as a full payment instrument.
trash321

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:59:25 PM

Difficult wording. It is very hard for me to say now that the situation as a whole is very, very much showing global strength. Now, in reality, we all need to understand that now it would be best to take into account the fact that now the principle of operation is solely to expel all short-term investors.
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:29:29 PM

The future is cryptocurrency, there is no doubt about it and those people at the top also known about this. In this year only most ICOs project that are successful got huge investments from institutional investors and organizations and to me this is a clear sign even those that own much in this world have trust in blockchain technology and Cryptocurrency.
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:16:02 PM

Very intriguing concept imo ever since I heard about them. I see lots of potential and even though they are not technically a stablecoin, they're generally lumped in with them. I like that they're backed by True Ventures and Pantera. Also, the team is stellar (all from Google and Uber)
chakhigh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:13:21 AM

I'm with this concept. and we have to manage our money/wealth independently. So, I think stablecoins are just a way to do it. But, IMOP, Stablecoins are not all created equal. I think, the best way to have less volatility and good ecosystem is by backing crypto-assets with precious metals, like Gold and Silver ..these have global stable prices. Gigzi is an ongoing project that uses this precious metals price backing concept and I think will help to make independent money/wealth management.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: