Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:25:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of bitcoin and independent money  (Read 991 times)
rjefferson

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 06:30:24 PM

I think it's perfectly fine to differentiate between bitcoin and independent money. All of these can coexist and be meant for different functions.

ampleforth has a unique approach which solves both short and long term
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 06:38:37 PM

Very intriguing concept imo ever since I heard about them. I see lots of potential and even though they are not technically a stablecoin, they're generally lumped in with them. I like that they're backed by True Ventures and Pantera. Also, the team is stellar (all from Google and Uber)
I have to say that I do not have such knowledge as you have about who supports whom, because it seems to me that today this is a very intriguing situation that will seem very sad. In any case, today BTC is developing and will do it.
jack107

Activity: 207

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:58:55 PM

Very intriguing concept imo ever since I heard about them. I see lots of potential and even though they are not technically a stablecoin, they're generally lumped in with them. I like that they're backed by True Ventures and Pantera. Also, the team is stellar (all from Google and Uber)
I have to say that I do not have such knowledge as you have about who supports whom, because it seems to me that today this is a very intriguing situation that will seem very sad. In any case, today BTC is developing and will do it.

you should look into ampleforth. good stuff. wish there was a video out there about them
vorobev

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:02:00 PM

you should look into ampleforth. good stuff. wish there was a video out there about them

yup very stealth project with not a lot of info out there about them. Hopefully they push out some content soon
gorbabtc

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:43:53 PM

the future will be independent money, whether that's a stablecoin or not. I do have my sights set on ampleforth though
paisiifokin

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:16:11 PM

I think what needs to happen is that we need to start reclassifying our currencies. For ex. fiat coins vs other stablecoins.

Looks like ampleforth is a exactly what you think it is: independent money
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:34:13 PM

It is until you lunch your coin o exchange before you can conclude I'd it is truly stable on not. Until a coin is exposed to trading, the act of buying and selling, which also translates to demand and supply, before you can make your conclusion.
dekabrin

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:46:08 PM

did you guys see this? https://www.coindesk.com/the-true-crypto-alternative-to-government-money
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:54:54 AM

The word Ampleforth is kind of new to me. But for Fragment, I have come across it before. From your analysis here, it seems to me that it is an altcoin which is based on Bitcoin model but instead of increasing in face value it increases in quantity as demand increases. It is a welcome idea. Let's see how far it will go.
elite2291

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:27:45 PM

The word Ampleforth is kind of new to me. But for Fragment, I have come across it before. From your analysis here, it seems to me that it is an altcoin which is based on Bitcoin model but instead of increasing in face value it increases in quantity as demand increases. It is a welcome idea. Let's see how far it will go.

yup. I like their concept too. it's based off of the character in george orwell's 1984. this is about the rename - https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2018/12/06/fragments-rebrands-to-ampleforth-and-introduces-non-collateralized-stablecoin/
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:45:47 PM

I do not think that there will be a coin that can compete with Bitcoin, even if it happens, it will not be very soon!
eneifed

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:27:53 PM

I do not think that there will be a coin that can compete with Bitcoin, even if it happens, it will not be very soon!

I don't think the future will be our society using just one coin. I think bitcoin is here to stay but more as a store of value. What we need for mass adoption is a coin that can be used everyday and fights volatility
Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:36:08 PM

I don't think the future will be our society using just one coin. I think bitcoin is here to stay but more as a store of value. What we need for mass adoption is a coin that can be used everyday and fights volatility
at least, the future of Bitcoin can only be spoken if the cryptocurrency society starts using Bitcoin for a full-fledged means of payment. This is the way to save the situation, otherwise bitcoins can leave the market.
astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:42:02 PM

crypto has a lot of contradictions and this makes me even more brave enough to understand that crypto has the potential to develop and have a good existence but because its existence threatens fiat or other systems, statements and strategies are made to cripple crypto. I remain optimistic that crypto will continue to grow and provide many benefits
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:49:11 PM

at least, the future of Bitcoin can only be spoken if the cryptocurrency society starts using Bitcoin for a full-fledged means of payment. This is the way to save the situation, otherwise bitcoins can leave the market.
People won't particularly be seeing bitcoin as a form of payment but as a stored of value.  Still bitcoin is on continuing development and might people will realize it and it's full adoption to this.  We cant push them either to use bitcoin as not mandated by the government, but wait the people will do so.
idontcare

Activity: 363

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:52:43 PM

So we all know bitcoin has a fixed supply. The store of value is there. However when it comes to trading and everyday transactions, we all know we can't use bitcoin sustainably. I've been really exploring stablecoins lately and I'm not really into fiat coins. I think they go against crypto period.

Has anyone looked into Ampleforth (formerly Fragments)? Instead of having a store of wealth, they'r every much like bitcoin where they focus on store of value, BUT they also included the unit of account. Essentially they maintain a price target and uses a protocol to inflate/deflate "amples" proportionally to the market change. So you will always have the same value in your wallet, but the quantity of "amples" can change

Thoughts on this??

Bitcoin has prospects to be used as a full payment instrument in the future. But now this is far from the case. Whales are manipulating prices for this cryptocurrency. This makes it impossible to use Bitcoin as a full payment instrument.

That's right, if bitcoin continues to grow and can do that, it could become a money-maker, but that path is far away. I find it doesn't matter who holds Bitcoin, which direction is important in the future, I have not seen any signs of it  Shocked

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:01:36 PM

yup very stealth project with not a lot of info out there about them. Hopefully they push out some content soon
Most of a good platform is never get a lot of advertisement because they have a big coorelation with the big investors. Im interesting with the idea that will be used by ample forth but just curious about will the idea run as expected by the developer?

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
ggeorgeokafor

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:14:39 AM

they are still interrelated as of now.. nothing much can be done unless all countries acknowledge bitcoin as a legal tender.
markovicmarge

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:28:31 AM

the love story will continue... fiat still backs-up crypto in some ways
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:49:15 AM

Those that will like to use the service of suggested coin are probably not in the market.  Bitcoin is use more beyond store of value,  the future prospect and value of bitcoin is essentially the motivation for large percentage of those that invest in bitcoin!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: