Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:48:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need $5k loan  (Read 466 times)
bbuser (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:37:25 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2018, 05:48:44 AM by bbuser

Hi guys, I have alts but need BTC to make some bets this weekend.

I can liquidate my alts for BTC but last time I did that, BSV went up like 8% and I ended up getting screwed because the betting site took hours to release my funds, so I was wondering if I can just borrow BTC instead of risk liquidating my alts and potentially losing out because of a market move.

Need $4-5k in BTC. Is this even possible? Realistic? Thanks.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 05:22:19 AM

I can liquidate my alts for BTC but last time I did that, BSV went up like 8% and I ended up getting screwed because the betting site took hours to release my funds, so I was wondering if I can just borrow BTC instead of risk liquidating my alts and potentially losing out because of a market move.

Need $4-5 in BTC. Is this even possible? Realistic? Thanks.

As long as your alts are prices are somewhat stable and listed on any exchange. Usually people ask for 120% collateral in alts for a loan. Your collateral is only liquidated once you definitively fail to repay.

The only thing I am confused about is, are you looking for $4-5 or $4k-$5k ?? That's a big deal as far as typos are concerned lol

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
bbuser (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 05:57:29 AM

Need $4-5 in BTC. Is this even possible? Realistic? Thanks.

As long as your alts are prices are somewhat stable and listed on any exchange. Usually people ask for 120% collateral in alts for a loan. Your collateral is only liquidated once you definitively fail to repay.

The only thing I am confused about is, are you looking for $4-5 or $4k-$5k ?? That's a big deal as far as typos are concerned lol

Yes, my mistake, $4-5k in BTC. I have CND, which is listed on some big exchanges. Do I have to put up something for the loan?

I see people here talking about getting loans for their accounts? Not sure. Anyways, I would be willing to put up the collateral but I am very nervous about doing so. I don't know how it all would work.

Are there any actual companies or reputable sources that I can get a BTC loan from? I might just end up liquidating my CND instead.
praine

Activity: 89
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:15:09 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

Are there any actual companies or reputable sources that I can get a BTC loan from? I might just end up liquidating my CND instead.

That's probably a far better course of action. It only really makes sense to put up alts as collateral if you have a strong belief that the price will rise far higher than the amount of interest you are obligated to pay on a loan.

If there is a doubt on where the price is headed, you are far better off taking your chances and selling rather than locking in a certain loss on the interest. That way you can buy back lower when you reacquire your BTC and you don't have to pay anyone any interest.

From what I've seen this year, people usually get wrecked by putting up alts as collateral. They are more than likely to slide downwards than increase. And if they slide down too much you get margin called, and liquidated if you can't top up your collateral to a sufficient level.
bbuser (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:25:50 AM

That's probably a far better course of action. It only really makes sense to put up alts as collateral if you have a strong belief that the price will rise far higher than the amount of interest you are obligated to pay on a loan.

If there is a doubt on where the price is headed, you are far better off taking your chances and selling rather than locking in a certain loss on the interest payments. That way you can buy back lower when you reacquire your BTC and you don't have to pay anyone any interest.

From what I've seen this year, people usually get wrecked by putting up alts as collateral. They are more than likely to slide downwards than increase. And if they slide down too much you get margin called, and liquidated if you can't top up your collateral to a sufficient level.

I only need the funds for like a day or 2. And I really would rather not liquidate my CND, specially because it's a low supply coin and a market move could take the price up 5-10% no problem. This already happened to me last week when I bet. I ended up getting a push on my bet and the BSV that I liquidated for BTC went up 8% the next day when I got my BTC back from the betting site.
bbuser (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:27:24 AM

Can I use MKR to borrow?
praine

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:31:37 AM

If there is a doubt on where the price is headed, you are far better off taking your chances and selling rather than locking in a certain loss on the interest payments. That way you can buy back lower when you reacquire your BTC and you don't have to pay anyone any interest.

I only need the funds for like a day or 2. And I really would rather not liquidate my CND, specially because it's a low supply coin and a market move could take the price up 5-10% no problem. This already happened to me last week when I bet. I ended up getting a push on my bet and the BSV that I liquidated for BTC went up 8% the next day when I got my BTC back from the betting site.

Oh ok. Didn't realize it was such a short term loan. Does the collateral you are holding exceed the amount you are asking for? If so, I can help you out.

We would use a trusted escrow of course.
bbuser (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:35:13 AM

Oh ok. Didn't realize it was such a short term loan. Does the collateral you are holding exceed the amount you are asking for? If so, I can help you out.

Yes, I have 1M CND tokens. Who would be the escrow? This sounds very scary lol
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:37:41 AM

You can contact the below link persons who are reliable to go for loan with Alt collateral

Mr.Condoras
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1596878.0

Mr.Zazarb
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1161170.0

Mr.DarkStar
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3243635.0

This are the person who are reliable to go for Alt coin loan. They are in this field for more then 1 year and have a good reputation in this forum.

praine

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:42:59 AM

There are a list of trusted escrows here. As a newbie I can understand how you would be scared to trust anyone on a site that you just started using, but most these guys have been around for years and have helped facilitate many deals in a secure and neutral manner.

You are looking for about 1.5 BTC, I suppose. As things stand I have about .215 BTC and 53 BAB available because most of my funds are locked up with margin funding. However, you said you needed this for the weekend so I will most likely have more funds freed up before then.
legendster

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:37:20 AM

And I nominate myself to be the escrow for this deal.
My Trust and Rep should speak for itself.

I'll do it for free minus any transaction fees incurred.

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Sujoris

Activity: 80
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

And I nominate myself to be the escrow for this deal.
My Trust and Rep should speak for itself.

I'll do it for free minus any transaction fees incurred.

But why do you want to do this for free? What will you gain out of the trade? Not criticizing you, just curious.
legendster

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:44:15 AM

But why do you want to do this for free? What will you gain out of the trade? Not criticizing you, just curious.

Good question.
I have never been an escrow before. Despite me being a long time member of this forum I feel like this is something that I can offer as a service.

Since I have never done this before I am always on the lookout to help newbies and inexperienced people so they stay protected and I start racking up "experience" as an escrow before I finally start to offer this service like other professional people on this forum and charge a fee for it.

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:04:55 PM

I can provide this loan if you provide 130% collateral as a strong altcoin.
Sujoris

Activity: 80
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 02:56:30 PM

Good question.
I have never been an escrow before. Despite me being a long time member of this forum I feel like this is something that I can offer as a service.

Since I have never done this before I am always on the lookout to help newbies and inexperienced people so they stay protected and I start racking up "experience" as an escrow before I finally start to offer this service like other professional people on this forum and charge a fee for it.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes that does make sense and seeing how you are more experienced in this forum and have such a long trading history I don't think anyone would have trouble trusting you.

I can provide this loan if you provide 130% collateral as a strong altcoin.

Too bad, I was hoping I'd do it and use Legendster as escrow. But good luck to you.
Agarthian

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:50:57 PM

newbie asks for 5 k loan

we ask for collateral

he disappears

Nothing suspicious here folks
bbuser (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:29:47 PM

newbie asks for 5 k loan

we ask for collateral

he disappears

Nothing suspicious here folks

I'm not a newbie man, I've had this account for almost 4 years now. Also, I have collateral but like I said, I'm very worried about trusting just anyone. I might just go with one of the senior lenders on here or something.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 12:26:14 AM

I can lend, total interest 0.36% (assuming two day time period). 1 Million CND as collateral for a loan of 1.503BTC (based on current exchange rate of $5k, let me know if you have a specific BTC amount you want). You can find my lending thread here. I've given large loans with similar conditions in the past (one example, rest on the lending thread) if it helps reassure you.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
legendster

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:38:28 AM

I'm not a newbie man, I've had this account for almost 4 years now. Also, I have collateral but like I said, I'm very worried about trusting just anyone. I might just go with one of the senior lenders on here or something.

If by anyone you meant me, then I must reassure you, I'm not just "anyone".

Regardless.

Your wish is fulfilled :

I can lend, total interest 0.36% (assuming two day time period). 1 Million CND as collateral for a loan of 1.503BTC (based on current exchange rate of $5k, let me know if you have a specific BTC amount you want). You can find my lending thread here. I've given large loans with similar conditions in the past (one example, rest on the lending thread) if it helps reassure you.

I recommend Darkstar for this deal, he has a lot of rep, the money to lend and you won't even need to use a third party escrow.

Good luck

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
bbuser (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:51:36 AM

Hello, why do you want such a high collateral? 1M CND is almost double of what I'm asking. The other terms sound good though. I only need the money for 1 day TBH. Also, I checked out your thread and there's not that much history there. Any reason why? Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: