Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox user details for sale  (Read 23914 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:42:45 PM

Probably these keys can be analyzed as to age and travel through IP network.  

edit

Also bear in mind SR ongoing law process means: Some of the Goxxed are like noncom innocents sitting next to some SR account that LEOs are after.

So again, they are the prime frontrun suspects of the data, unless they already KNOW the data on their SR targets.  In any case, non combatants often get blown to shit when the cops are pursuing "their man".  Do we see them NOT engaging in high speed change on TV?  No, they will always opt for high speed chase, so, innocents better watch the fuck out.  You WISH this was Judge Dredd, but no, not as ethical as him.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:47:01 PM

I came late to the MtGox party and fortunately did not lose a lot and my heartfelt feeling go out to those that did, This news is not good, so now my passport, my bank details and my home address is now in the hands of hackers and they are trying to sell that info. I'm fucking furious. Karpeles needs to pay for this big time. post the hackers email address, this need to go to Interpol.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:47:28 PM

My advice for all who were involved in mtgox

change your ID/passport tomorrow!

It might cost you something but I think it's worth it!

P.S. if someone could scam this guy would be nice!

Yep its a start but I expect that only goes some of the way to sealing up the massive hole.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:50:28 PM

[...]

this need to go to Interpol.

Although that company was babysat by Nazis, they might still do some good.  Let's see if any police on Earth, A: Have tech skill (ANSWER: no.) or B: Have ethics to protect the innocents.  I'm guessing they see kids as innocents, they are good at chasing after lost children, haha, though they fail in that black market as well.

Sad, not one decent policeman left on Earth who has the balls to do anything right, in the right moment.  Sad day for Earthlings.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
SmokeTooMuch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:50:38 PM

post the hackers email address, this need to go to Interpol.
I don't want to encourage people to buy the databse, that's why I don't feel comfortable posting it. But it isn't too hard to find if you followed the posts about the gox leak.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:51:11 PM

My advice for all who were involved in mtgox

change your ID/passport tomorrow!

It might cost you something but I think it's worth it!

P.S. if someone could scam this guy would be nice!

Yep its a start but I expect that only goes some of the way to sealing up the massive hole.

Also a good thing it will be to declare the identity theft so that the police and everyone can monitor when someone is trying to use on of those identities

Space for rent if its still trending
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:54:43 PM

End of BITCOIN world!
SmokeTooMuch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:55:17 PM

got a reply from the hacker saying he's going to upload data

not to scare off anyone, if it appears that data is real I'll immediatly remove it
if anyone is actually purchasing the database you should think about handing it over to law enforcement.

and btw, just a quick reminder that for all we know goblins_ could trick us into thinking he has part of the database so he can scam others trying to buy it from him. (just sayin')

EDIT:
That nickname looks like the Hungarian Nánási surname spelled with English letters (similarly how my nickname comes from the Hungarian forename János). I am sure it's just a coincidence though.
Since he used a mail account at freemail.hu that actually sounds reasonable.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

End of BITCOIN world!

No its just a massive  massive pain in the ass for gox victims. <---understatement.

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:57:28 PM

End of BITCOIN world!

No its just a massive  massive pain in the ass for gox victims. <---understatement.

It will still affect many!!! Imagine the volume of bitcoin from MTgox...
Well we will see. but I think this crypto currency thing start to be a mess in the azz...
renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

It's been two days that this message has been around, probably a scammer I think.

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:06:46 PM

you might want to check this shit out!

http://blog.magicaltux.net/2014/03/09/mtgox-2014-hack-database-revealed-live-from-mark-karpeless-reddit-account/

Included in this download you will find relevant database dumps, csv exports, specialized tools, and some highlighted summaries compiled from data. Keeping in line with fucking Gox alone, no user database dumps have been included.

I think they are some sort of good guys

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

It will still affect many!!! Imagine the volume of bitcoin from MTgox...
Well we will see. but I think this crypto currency thing start to be a mess in the azz...

Anyway, massive crime and fraud is traditionally how markets operate, so if this is a moment for cryptocoin, I doubt there is enough guts among BTC holders or LEO or BOTH to do anything about it.  If they stay silent and ignore that carnage, they will have great vectors for further cointhefts.  It's not a zero sum game yet, but this is 10% of coins lost into Gox hole, so, BTC can take a few more total disasters like this, probably, and still serve as the backbone of cryptocoin.  The attractors to black markets and also nations, are quite impressive.

Notice that Euronote and Dollar are bloodlines for far far more black market $$$ than cryptocoin, so, this is kinda also about turf war, and in turf war, the innocent regular-people in the turf, are just customers, johns, dupes, etc.  I mean in terms of how gangsters and politicians think.

SmokeTooMuch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:13:36 PM

no user database dumps have been included.
That's actually the only valueable data. Not givig that away for free doesn't necessarily make them good guys.

serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:18:37 PM

no user database dumps have been included.
That's actually the only valueable data. Not givig that away for free doesn't necessarily make them good guys.

This is too much for me! I just hope everyone who had a gox account is safe and will be safe!
And Hopefully those hackers will burn in hell if they sell private data!

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was Mark.

First the coins moving into the hot wallet, then - OH NO! - database leak!

Monday morning announcement: "Due to a security breach we must delay planned re-opening..."

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:31:51 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:00:33 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
btc4ever

Activity: 321

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:33:03 PM

hey y'all.  When I was getting into bitcoin I noticed that mtgox and all other exchanges wanted all that personal info.  I said fuck no.  no way in hell.  To me, this was the antithesis of what bitcoin is supposed to stand for.  So I spent the extra time, effort and travel to obtain bitcoin person to person, with no records.  I've always been happy about that decision, but now I'm extra glad.

Keep in mind that coinbase and other exchanges also require personal info.   If you have an account on any of those, I would recommend closing it immediately and requesting by phone, email and snail mail that they expunge all your personal data from their servers and provide you written confirmation that they have done so.

And next time, buy locally.  Even if it means a little hassle.

oh, and one fun idea I have if there is a bitcoin atm in your area.  Wear gloves and a mask when using the atm.  :-)

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:34:58 PM

[...]

and requesting by phone, email and snail mail that they expunge all your personal data from their servers and provide you written confirmation that they have done so.

[...]

Good luck with that but yes.

serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:35:18 PM

hey y'all.  When I was getting into bitcoin I noticed that mtgox and all other exchanges wanted all that personal info.  I said fuck no.  no way in hell.  To me, this was the antithesis of what bitcoin is supposed to stand for.  So I spent the extra time, effort and travel to obtain bitcoin person to person, with no records.  I've always been happy about that decision, but now I'm extra glad.

Keep in mind that coinbase and other exchanges also require personal info.   If you have an account on any of those, I would recommend closing it immediately and requesting by phone, email and snail mail that they expunge all your personal data from their servers and provide you written confirmation that they have done so.

And next time, buy locally.  Even if it means a little hassle.

oh, and one fun idea I have if there is a bitcoin atm in your area.  Wear gloves and a mask when using the atm.  :-)

I do this at normal ATM Wear gloves and a mask when using the atm

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: