Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs impose a minimum amount on investors?  (Read 559 times)
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 07:31:33 PM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?
Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.

I think many ICOs don't want to deal with 1 bucks investors because they are usually not very clever and adequate. And also bigger number of participants makes KYC process more complicated.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 08:06:19 PM

Better to consider a maximum amount instead of a minimum and do not let the whales manipulate the price.
I do quite agree with you on the maximum investment being better than minimum as this will to some extent ensure a relatively fair distribution of the coins/tokens. This will somehow water down the effect of dumping by a few. Maximum gives more people the opportunity to own shares in a project.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:56:30 PM

You've made an interesting point. I think it would really be more reasonable. Perhaps the problem with the manipulation of coins by large investors would be solved.

dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:57:28 PM

Considering this, that is why I am not surprised that so many ICOs are not making much sales as used to be, because then, so many ICOs were considerate and wanted everyone who was interested to partake in them. That was part of the agenda of the inventor of cryptocurrency itself, which I feel should not be bridged.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:47:08 PM

You've made an interesting point. I think it would really be more reasonable. Perhaps the problem with the manipulation of coins by large investors would be solved.
Maybe it could help regarding manipulation, but when projects send millions tokens to wallets, it will not worth the effort. Besides, you are going to pay $1, plus $1 fee?
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 688

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:14:18 PM

I think the reason is because the costs required to send a token to an investor's wallet are large, so if investors only invest $ 1 then the project will experience a lot of losses and another reason is that their sales target is quickly achieved.
so no one wants to limit a maximum amount because everyone wants their tokens to sell quickly

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 06:49:42 AM

The trend went into overdrive in 2018, when the price of Bitcoin  hit a peak of nearly $20,000 and Ethereum notched $1,200. ICO funding hit $6.3 billion in only the first three months of the year, as noted by Coindesk, but, fast forward six months and a new trend has emerged. Public ICOs, which allow anyone to invest, are increasingly replaced by a new approach of limited, private sales that consist only of accredited investors and close connections. Many ICOs today include no public sale component, with retail investors forced to wait until a token is listed on an exchange. This situation drove the impose the maximum number of investors allowed in participating in ICOs, that's why they impose soft cap capitalization, to compensate for the minimum number of investors on every ICOs, the most current on this trend are Poseidon, EtainPower and Bitrus.
Not well regulated ICOs impose this kind of thing on their project cause if they are they will welcome any amount from the investors and would really fasten to reach their minimum capitalization for the project. I checked Poseidon and Etainpower ICO and is a good project caring for the environment, how about that bitrus?
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 06:54:33 AM

I am not talking about the private sales and pre-sales. I am talking about the main sales.
Don't you think ICOs should allow people to invest any amount of money they want? It will cause the tokens to be distributed among more people.
Assume that 1000 people are participating in an ICO and each of them is investing only 1 dollar. Don't you think they are more helpful than a person who is investing 1000 dollar?

The minimum investment amount is required in all ICOs. I believe that the minimum amount to eliminate small investors is because they are not ready for the requirements and risks that ICOs may have. I also know that the minimum amount is to attract larger investors.

pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:42:27 AM

They also need the minimum and maximum amount of they need so ico project can under go what they need to do om their roadmap but lot of ico project don't reach it so the project getting scammed sometimes.

yes the project must also need a minimum investment so that their project can run smoothly.
but with the current situation like many left behind
rezakurnia66

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 08:01:15 AM

because anything that has been planned by the team in an ICO project has been carefully thought out by the team so that the maximum and minimum targets must be targeted so that in the future the project can run according to expectations and the funds obtained are not misused by the team.

Krismanto

Activity: 574

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 08:06:30 AM

Minimum sales must be achieved because it becomes a valuable capital to run the ICO project. There may be projects that maximize sales because they already have the funds to develop the project. However, this has become the policy of the Development Team. We as investors must certainly be more careful in investing.

tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 10:41:36 AM

It should be borne in mind that at the same time there is a limit on the maximum payment in order to protect the coin network from whales. And the minimum level is set in order to attract serious investors who are interested in the real promotion of the project. The project is not interested in students who will buy coins to sell them immediately after the ICO.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
futuristishe

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 11:15:55 AM

Because if the price is higher, investors will bypass such projects and will look for other projects. It is not profitable to lose your investors
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:14:34 PM

I think the bigger the investment, the better it will be to have so many investors and investors with little money. Investors who invest a lot of money will have a lot of responsibility for their investment.
When they invest a lot, they will think about holding long-term and long-term engagement with the project, etc ...

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:33:27 PM

A strange question, I generally agree that they should not do this, but I think that this is done so that small investors whose investments today do not matter could not invest. Although I do not understand why it is needed.
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:36:05 PM

ICO should be for all, I do not also see the reason why projects should impose a minimum amount on investors. Some investors do not even participate in ICOs these days, the beginners are greatly discouraged with this.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 12:52:17 PM

As far as i know, every ico buyer has some expenses for ico holders. Kyc and everything need money. And if the buyer will just buy 10$, that 10$ may not be enough just pay the expenses.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:40:10 PM

I don't see any reason of allowing investors buy any amount of coin they want because people can be really funny and might end up buying an amount of coin that is very insignificant and the team might not be able to achieve their target because people will feel that they should try testing the platform with the investment of small amount that they can afford to lose, this is why they put a minimum investment amount so that it would be easier for the to achieve the set goal to be raised, though it would be good if there are no minimum amount.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:50:07 PM

I think the main goal of developers is to raise a large amount of money for work and not to allow everyone to buy their tokens at a low price.
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 11:28:27 PM

I agree that it is good for a project when there are many investors and strong community, but still I would not go to 1 $
100$ would be fine for me as a minimum. 1$ investor is not a serious one and there would be many useless transactions.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: