Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] | Mono | POW - Community Built - Private - Egalitarian  (Read 22567 times)
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:49:38 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2018, 02:20:55 PM by mossj
Merited by notsofast (10)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USING COMMUNITY VOTES TO BUILD A PROOF OF WORK BASED CURRENCY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ LAUNCH DATE: 2019 ~

WHAT IS MONO?
Mono is a blank canvas, with every aspect of the final product sculpted by the community.
It is a crypto-currency project based on an undecided proof of work algorithm, secured by the CryptoNote protocol.
This allows it to remain completely anonymous and private, utilizing ring-signatures to prevent transaction identification.
Mono is built ground-up by the community, with each person being able to vote on what features they'd like.

HOW DO WE CONTROL MONO?
Each feature of Mono will be decided by the community using a voting platform, each vote will start at 8PM GMT, and last for 24 hours.
Mandatory features will have a non-unanimous decision threshold, with the winner being the feature with over 50% of the votes.
Non-mandatory features will have a near unanimous decision threshold, with the winner being the feature with over 80% of the votes.
I'd like this project to take on a life of it's own, so even if I were to disappear it could still be developed and carried on by the community many years later.

CORE PRINCIPLES OF MONO
Although each feature is decided by the community, I want to lay out the foundations of this project as lead developer.

~ FUNDING FOR THE PROJECT WILL BE RAISED THROUGH DONATIONS ~
No ICOs, nothing fishy. If the community allows it, a small premine to get things kicked off as well. The latter isn't mandatory though.

~ CRYPTONOTE WILL PROVIDE THE NETWORK PROTOCOL ~
CryptoNote provides an entirely private and secure network protocol that allows all transaction to be anonymous, free from third party investigation or interference.

~ FOCUSED ON DECENTRALIZATION ~
I'd like to ensure that when the project is alive and running, that there is no mining pool with over 30% of the hash power of the network.
I know this can be hard to achieve, but I'd like every mining pool to have a fair chance and for miners to switch pools if they see the one they are using is growing too big.

~ COMMUNITY BASED DEVELOPMENT ~
I want this project to come alive, with an active user base that helps to support one another and develop this project into a great one.
This means that decentralized development is a real core here, and I want to community to praise anyone who votes on new features, suggests ideas, or even better, develops to program themselves.
The end goal is to have a large network of developers and a dedicated community all working together to create this project, I'll just light the fuse!

VOTING
Each vote will last a minimum of 24 hours or until 100 votes are reached, and open at 8PM GMT on the scheduled day.

- MINING ALGORITHM -
Voting has ended, the mining algorithm will be CryptoNight!
Voting ended on 103 votes, with CryptoNight holding the majority with 47 votes.

- TOTAL SUPPLY -
Voting has ended, the total supply will be 100 million coins.
Voting ended on 56 votes, with 100 million holding the majority with 16 votes.

- EMISSION RATE -
Voting has ended, the emission rate will be 15% of coins in the first year, using the standard CryptoNote emission formula.
Voting ended on 37 votes, with 15% holding the majority at 13 votes.

- AVERAGE BLOCK TIME -
Voting has ended, the average block time will be 1 minute.
Voting ended on 37 votes, with 1 minute holding the majority at 21 votes.

ROADMAP
The community can suggest features that will be added to the roadmap!

The project has only just begun so there aren't any pending features yet!

COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
~MY TWITTER~

I'd like this forum post to be the main point of communication for the community, since it'll keep the thread active to expose new users to it!
When the project grows larger in size, a Slack or Discord channel will be created for more in-depth community discussions!
An official twitter page for the project will also be made when the community grows in size to keep users updated with announcements for the project.
If there is large demand for any other communication channels and I'm not able to make them I encourage anyone who's involved with the project to create that channel!

Please ask any questions or begin any discussions in this forum post, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Remember, anyone who gets involved in the community has as much right to add new features and develop the coin as they wish as another, that's the beauty of open source!
The community will decide the outcome of this project! Thanks for reading, I'll be updating this post shortly.

Any private questions can be addressed to: mossj@gmx.com
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.Oiz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:51:25 PM

Reserved!
mySmile

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

RESERVED for Russian translation
My portfolio
PM  If you need Russian translation
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:08:15 PM

Need pool?
Pool?

Every pool owner is appreciated as they allow for more decentralized mining, thanks for the offer! You are very much welcome to create your own pool once the project has launched!

acpool.pro will be support Mono after launch

Thank you, your support means a lot!

RESERVED for Russian translation
My portfolio
PM  If you need Russian translation

Thank you, once the project gets off the ground and a community starts forming, you are welcome to post a Russian translation!

seems nice waiting

Glad to have you on board, please feel free to vote for new features and such when the votes are out!
findblocks.com

Activity: 515
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 08:08:22 PM

do you  need a pool on launch Let us know Smiley

We Do Private Pools / Block Explorers / New Coins / Send us a inbox
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.Net
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:39:04 PM

do you  need a pool on launch Let us know Smiley

Feel free! It would help tremendously.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:53:33 PM

I have added my twitter page to the post, find it at: https://twitter.com/mono_mossj
amey.pro
Copper Member

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:58:34 PM

Reserved for http://poolexplorer.com
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:59:25 PM

The hurdle of being dependent to the community is the decision making process. Voting will only be successful if the community supporting it is active so you can reach a consensus faster. How will you gonna say that this number of individuals is already enough to make a decision for your project?
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 09:25:27 PM

The hurdle of being dependent to the community is the decision making process. Voting will only be successful if the community supporting it is active so you can reach a consensus faster. How will you gonna say that this number of individuals is already enough to make a decision for your project?

It hasn't yet. That's why I posted this pre-announcement. To garner enough attention and form a community!
Even if there's barely anyone in the community, the voting system will still work! It will just have less people voting on each feature, since I guarantee at least a few dozen people will always be voting!
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 09:58:36 PM

Pool res

You don't have to reserve! Just make a pool and post the link to it on here, and I will add it to the list of pools when the project is released! Smiley
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 10:31:07 PM

Full on community-support projects like this are difficult to muster for. Especially in a crypto bear market where there's very little visible, immediate, guaranteed recouped value from participation.

As the leader, expect to bridge any and all gaps in development or decision, and it will be mostly gaps. Most everything will be centralized around you until decisive value is built into this project, visible in a healthy marketplace. That will take months.

If you can stay anon and offer ***anything*** cool and unique on your own, this project may have a long-term prospect.

IMHO, the first "best bet" development possibility that comes to my mind, is to present Mono as a Second Coming of John Connor's Vanillacoin/Vcash/VNL/XVC, including all previous innovations (Zerotime etc), updated to the latest Monero/Bitcoin libraries. Can you do this (or something like it) on your own for now, with help as interest grows?

twitter.com/notsofast
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:40:52 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2018, 11:35:16 PM by mossj

Full on community-support projects like this are difficult to muster for. Especially in a crypto bear market where there's very little visible, immediate, guaranteed recouped value from participation.

As the leader, expect to bridge any and all gaps in development or decision, and it will be mostly gaps. Most everything will be centralized around you until decisive value is built into this project, visible in a healthy marketplace. That will take months.

If you can stay anon and offer ***anything*** cool and unique on your own, this project may have a long-term prospect.

IMHO, the first "best bet" development possibility that comes to my mind, is to present Mono as a Second Coming of John Connor's Vanillacoin/Vcash/VNL/XVC, including all previous innovations (Zerotime etc), updated to the latest Monero/Bitcoin libraries. Can you do this (or something like it) on your own for now, with help as interest grows?

That's a really great idea, and thanks a lot for the help.
I'd be open to bridging any gaps in development, that's what I meant by I'll be developing and want the project to grow on it's own, i'm not expecting immediate growth and actually expect it to take a few months before a solid community is formed.
I don't really want to present Mono as the second coming of anything right now, I want the community to help choose what features the coin should have, but yes, if there is nothing else to add implementing the features of Vcash shouldn't be too hard.
monkeydimi

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:09:57 PM

res for pool
MATPOC

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 11:42:00 PM

Hi!

pool.rig.tokyo will support you!
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 12:16:34 AM

Hi!

pool.rig.tokyo will support you!

Thank you!

res for pool

You don't have to reserve, don't worry.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:41:06 AM

Any private inquires can be made to my email at: mossj@gmx.com
tedngls

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:45:29 AM

we need a discord channel.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:08:04 AM

we need a discord channel.

Discord channel will be opened once the project garners a bit of attention, since I'm relying on replies to keep this topic bumped up.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:10:52 AM

I'm heading off to bed now, I will answer anymore questions in the morning. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: