Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't have to HODL  (Read 1035 times)
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

now it all depends on you. hold or not is your choice. because right now when the market goes down all depends on whether you want to hold or not I myself prefer to determine the number that is suitable for me to hold and when to sell it

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:14:26 PM

In principle, everything is true ... Everyone should choose what he himself is comfortable and convenient, and most importantly, what he thinks will bring him a profit!
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:15:37 PM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

HODL is one of my least favourite phrases and it is in my opinion a negative thing for crypto. It makes many people think that people hold just because they're told to and it's similar to many illegitimate schemes. As you rightly said, it's much better to tell people proper and full advice. If that is hold, explain why.

tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:17:06 PM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

As I know, in this market there are two purpose for holding. One, they are really interested about technology of this coin and believe it will solve real issue after that, but this one is very small. The rest is people who want to earn the profit which they have set

paradigmaV

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:35:17 PM

I am sure that everyone should have their own strategy. You can evaluate the potential of the project and determine for yourself the price at which the coins can be sold. Of course, everything is cyclical. And if the price grows strongly, then it will definitely fall, and it’s not a fact that it will rise again to the top level. But many are waiting for a miracle (x1000) and this is their choice.
Cianix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:48:04 PM

I think hold only works in the bullish market , as well as this strategy is very unprofitable for me, you need to be able to trade in the market to make money , and hodl only makes go to the big minus

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:53:07 PM

In any case, the decision is made directly by the person, so I would probably rather say that the person is not in a hurry with the conclusions, because it seems to me that there are very real risks to the deposit that the investor bears before he starts selling his deposit again.
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

well everything does really depends on the results which led us to what we are now. I think you are right in terms on researching on our own.Hodl is much used term for now and we should be embrace by it for now.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 03:58:26 PM

What can be said to a person who has lost 90% of his investment. Do you think the sale is correct? And I'm not in such situations, it is better to do a long hold. Of course, if your portfolio consisted only of BTC and ETH in your case, you will be able to multiply your capital waiting for the lowest price. But Hold is also the right strategy.

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:00:26 PM

This is just my observation.

Many actually do not want to hodl but are forced to hodl because they are very much rekt right now and could not find a better position to sell.

Also, those who keeps saying/advising hodl are probably those who can no longer buy also and just do not want the price to any lower.
caffu chino

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

I already know this, hold is not an option. there are times when we have to hold but sometimes sell to be the safest choice.
people misinterpret what hodl is. they think holding is lasting forever until they get a profit. this makes new investors lose

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

i believe that i will hold for long time i do not want to sell anything at a loss, but maybe an alternative there it is change everything in a stable coin from which it is easier to manage market changes
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:21:07 PM

When I have an urgent need, I will sell, but if I can still meet the needs of using the reserve money I have, then I will not sell low and keep holding until the market can recover.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

It is definitely a popular advise given to those in panic. It is a good strategy but it is not the best strategy all the time. I agree on OP's position to give real advise instead of just "HODL!". We should be able to know which one is the better option (sell or hodl) at a particular time.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:38:51 PM

Hold until you've reach your loss tolerance, every people have different loss tolerance ,right ?
I know it's not easy to do it but remember that crypto value extremely volatile from time to time so you must make sure that you've done perfect calculation.

When I have an urgent need, I will sell, but if I can still meet the needs of using the reserve money I have, then I will not sell low and keep holding until the market can recover.

Bitcoin has decrease 45% within a month, IMO it's a huge percentage so you need to make loss tolerance max 10%

Smiley
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:45:11 PM

I agree with this, hold must be seen from the situation. when you buy below you have to hold. but if you buy while on top, hold is not an option because it's definitely a bad choice. not always hold a good choice, sometimes we have to sell.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
other_side

Activity: 285

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:15:50 PM

I think it is important for them to hold and how long. For risky investors, this is a huge risk for them, because they spend all their money to invest, but it is not profitable but is losing more and more. But if the holders can hold their investment until 2020. I believe they will reap a lot of success.
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:29:29 PM

HODL means patience and patience is obtained only by wise men and has nothing to do with stupidity and ignorance. They say the market always rewards the patient ones. Patient is the main secret of all today's billionaires. Thus we can say that HODL equals your future fortune. So stop writing nonsense and continue to HODL!  Grin Otherwise sell off all your crypto assets, fix the losses and leave the market forever. If you are so manipulated...

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:36:33 PM

I think that now the best strategy is to buy and keep coins to a higher price.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:17:41 PM

I have always known that language "hodl" to be very common in the crypto space. When someone tells you hold, what you should do is think twice, because it might not work if you follow it strictly.
Even if you intend hodling, i am sure you would want to make profit. So sell while you're in profit, because cryptocurrency us volatile.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: