Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:14:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Brexit status  (Read 233 times)
otrkid1970 (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:10:13 PM

May's deal looks totally dead, but May herself seems relatively secure. It looks like nobody wants to take the blame when everything comes crashing down. I don't like her politics at all, and her deal was basically EU vassalage, but I kind of feel bad for May...

I think that no deal is likely to be reached, and they're going to cancel brexit at the last minute, either via a referendum or even unilaterally in parliament. Any future referendum will have a pro-EU result. Brexit's cancellation will absolutely infuriate the substantial minority of people who are still strongly pro-brexit. IMO the brexit people celebrated too soon, and haven't been doing enough to lock things up. Moreover, the whole UK political system has long been hopelessly screwed up, even moreso than the US, so it's difficult to expect any positive results in anything.

A no-deal brexit would probably be the best long-term result, especially if they can also bring themselves to significantly loosen their regulations vs the EU. The "A+ plan" would be very net-good for the UK long-term, for example, but it seems impossible; IMO the people of the UK would sooner accept May's vassalage deal with the EU than reduce their regulations so much. In any case, a hard brexit will probably cause a several-year-long economic depression in the UK as the economy adapts -- will the people freak out during this and demand returning to the EU (under extremely unfavorable terms)?

What are your predictions? If you're in the UK, how are things looking there?

I get it that you have an opinion on Brexit and understand that you keep up with World politics. Let me say that out front and to the point.

You as an American with VERY REAL influence with American Forum Members are here Chiming in with your Views and opinions about Brexit?

Of all the things gong on in America that you stay silent about and voice no opinion about you are Vocal about BREXIT???

Really? Are you serious? Are you getting paid to say this shit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 09:18:11 PM

May's deal looks totally dead, but May herself seems relatively secure. It looks like nobody wants to take the blame when everything comes crashing down. I don't like her politics at all, and her deal was basically EU vassalage, but I kind of feel bad for May...

I think that no deal is likely to be reached, and they're going to cancel brexit at the last minute, either via a referendum or even unilaterally in parliament. Any future referendum will have a pro-EU result. Brexit's cancellation will absolutely infuriate the substantial minority of people who are still strongly pro-brexit. IMO the brexit people celebrated too soon, and haven't been doing enough to lock things up. Moreover, the whole UK political system has long been hopelessly screwed up, even moreso than the US, so it's difficult to expect any positive results in anything.

A no-deal brexit would probably be the best long-term result, especially if they can also bring themselves to significantly loosen their regulations vs the EU. The "A+ plan" would be very net-good for the UK long-term, for example, but it seems impossible; IMO the people of the UK would sooner accept May's vassalage deal with the EU than reduce their regulations so much. In any case, a hard brexit will probably cause a several-year-long economic depression in the UK as the economy adapts -- will the people freak out during this and demand returning to the EU (under extremely unfavorable terms)?

I get it that you have an opinion on Brexit and understand that you keep up with World politics. Let me say that out front and to the point.

You as an American with VERY REAL influence with American Forum Members are here Chiming in with your Views and opinions about Brexit?

Of all the things gong on in America that you stay silent about and voice no opinion about you are Vocal about BREXIT???

You got some nuts with the whole globe sticking their nose into American life top to bottom to criticize Americans for having an opinion on Brexit. Sorry, the world doesn't get to have opinions about us while we all stay quiet any more. Also unfortunately Brexit effects us too.
otrkid1970 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:24:33 PM

You got some nuts with the whole globe sticking their nose into American life top to bottom to criticize Americans for having an opinion on Brexit. Sorry, the world doesn't get to have opinions about us while we all stay quiet any more. Also unfortunately Brexit effects us too.

You can't read? I never said the Globe needs to stick to American life. I was criticizing theymos for Chiming in on Brexit when he spends no time commenting on US Policies or happenings. You in the UK need to step up get some balls and deal with your own shit.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 09:28:45 PM

You can't read? I never said the Globe needs to stick to American life. I was criticizing theymos for Chiming in on Brexit when he spends no time commenting on US Policies or happenings. You in the UK need to step up get some balls and deal with your own shit.

...and I never claimed you said that. I get the impression Theymos spends more time reading about these issues than most of you jamokes here. Just because he doesn't waste all day jibbering about it doesn't make him less informed. Yes the UK needs to deal with its shit, not sure what you mean by "your" but I am not a resident.
otrkid1970 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:41:54 PM

...and I never claimed you said that. I get the impression Theymos spends more time reading about these issues than most of you jamokes here. Just because he doesn't waste all day jibbering about it doesn't make him less informed. Yes the UK needs to deal with its shit, not sure what you mean by "your" but I am not a resident.

Your logic is is fucked. No wonder i ignored you.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:49:22 PM

I don't believe in politics as an effective way of doing anything. Look at Nigel Farage: he seems like a nice enough guy, and I more-or-less agree with his position, but he spent decades getting a brexit vote, and in the end it might all be for nothing. That's decades of time, effort, and pay down the drain. Even if he gets his desired no-deal-brexit, was all of that work really worth it to him and the people who funded him? I tend to think that the world would've been better off if he'd stayed a commodities trader and the UKIP donors used their money for something more fun/useful. (But people can choose what to do with themselves, of course.) And Farage is just an easy-to-understand example: I believe that nearly all political action is similarly a waste of resources, with each rare success being bought at a far higher price than it's worth.

I recommend against political donations, political volunteering, protests & similar political action, and I don't particularly encourage voting. That's all a waste of time. Instead, people should try to work around / in-spite-of politics. Wherever possible, don't put yourself in positions where you have to ask permission, even on small and/or non-governmental scales. Satoshi's creation of Bitcoin is a perfect example: in just a few years, Satoshi changed the world more than just about any politician, and he didn't have to compromise his principles whatsoever or ask permission from anyone. This is ideal.

So you'll probably never see me canvassing for any candidates or policies.

That said, I ironically very much enjoy following and discussing politics on a personal level, much like some people follow sports, and it can also pay to follow it because it can strongly affect eg. the prices of assets. If you look, you'll find that I do talk about US politics a fair bit. Brexit is especially interesting because it's unusual and unpredictable, unlike a lot of stuff in politics. IMO a no-deal brexit would at this point probably be the best result for the UK and the world, but again, I'm not recommending that anyone waste time on the matter.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:54:17 AM

You sure your view about the USA being silent to the world is not upside down?

Add Ukraine and Syria too if you like  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:35:06 PM

Starting with your first entry...

You got a problem with us helping the Chinese people against the Japanese invaders?

Might want to think about that long and carefully before answering.

REVISED. I see you posted in response to this exchange. I objected to that guy saying US people out to keep out of voicing opinions about Brexit, also. All we see all the time is foreign people opining as to how we should act, lol. We ain't keeping out of some spectacle where elected British are flaunting their disregard of the people.

Really? Are you serious? Are you getting paid to say this?

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 08:10:21 AM

russia is the only country the usa can't dominate economically, nor politically nor financially.

uks brexit will be same endless trash like the segregation of belgium just talk talk talk

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 09:59:03 AM

It's probably time I put together a sensible Brexit site. The is no "hard Brexit" - Brexit is Brexit as we were told before the people's referendum, anything else is a variation of remain. The next referendum, if it happens, will not be a people's referendum, but will be a bankers' referendum. If Brexit doesn't happen, then it will be followed by a real people's "referendum", and the voters will be wearing yellow vests.

May is a treasonous remainer, and her job is to stall or reverse the Brexit process. In the meantime she is continuing to suck assets out of the country for the morphed British Empire that rules America and the EU. The EU has no future, and it will be interesting to see what the bankers try to implement as a replacement. My belief is that they will try to recreate the old project of combining the US with a reconstructed British Empire. Maybe they will call it the Trans-Atlantic partnership, but that doesn't allow for the inclusion of Africa and Australia.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
auntyjmary

Activity: 368
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:02:41 PM

The evidence is clear that most people in Britain are not in support of Brexit. Anytime, you watch news on TV or read articles on Brexit, people are always protesting. I think if Brexit should happen, it would be the selfish interest of the leaders in Britain but not the will of the majority of the citizens.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 06:11:14 PM

The evidence is clear that most people in Britain are not in support of Brexit. Anytime, you watch news on TV or read articles on Brexit, people are always protesting. I think if Brexit should happen, it would be the selfish interest of the leaders in Britain but not the will of the majority of the citizens.

Obvious bot is obvious. Yeah I guess that first vote wasn't the "will of the people" it is only truly the will of the people after you have had enough time to try to brainwash them into compliance using the media right?
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:24:33 AM

I recommend against political donations, political volunteering, protests & similar political action, and I don't particularly encourage voting. That's all a waste of time. Instead, people should try to work around / in-spite-of politics. Wherever possible, don't put yourself in positions where you have to ask permission, even on small and/or non-governmental scales. Satoshi's creation of Bitcoin is a perfect example: in just a few years, Satoshi changed the world more than just about any politician, and he didn't have to compromise his principles whatsoever or ask permission from anyone. This is ideal.

Firs time I've ever seen this position stated in a clear and accepted way. Tons of people do feel this way I'd say but most will never admit it especially for themselves.

Still, isn't it just a total acceptance of your fate? Like you accept to submit to a higher power which would be "politics" so probably just "politicians and big corporations"?
That's a bit saying "fair enough I'm a slave in your kingdom but I shall be the happiest salve of all"?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: