Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:53:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally visited the SilkRoad  (Read 12710 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 12:55:36 AM

Even if you get caught the result is maybe a small fine.
Not for all people. For some people any amount of drugs means years in prison. Take necessary precautions.
Before anybody orders ANY contraband, they should research their local laws to find out exactly how much you can "safely" order.
The bless of Silk Road is plausible deniability. Almost anyone can send some junk over postal service to me. And I probably have set up some unrelated recieving adress and some homeless person is recieving the packages. Safe cutout if you are familiar with spy tradecraft.

And I did not recieved the answers I'm looking for:
Does China block Tor bootstrapping process? Do You have to use Tor bridges?

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 01:02:12 AM

Does China block Tor bootstrapping process? Do You have to use Tor bridges?

GreatFireWall is powerful, tor bridge does not work.  Embarrassed

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 01:15:37 AM

according to the tor faq there is the oh-so-ironic fascistwall=1 setting.
quartz92

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 01:56:49 AM

Because of the Great FireWall in China, you can't imagine how hard it is to connect to the Tor network.

Finally found a way , somehow i am so disappointed

There's only 5000 users registerd,
1000 pieces of goods on sale (90% are drugs),
concurrently less than 50 users online top,
and i bet less than $1k goods are sold everyday.

... Shocked

No satellite providers in china?
lol..
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 08:33:24 AM

Not enough. The GreatFireWall is indeed powerful. They block even Tor bridges. And if you run a Tor relay or bridge yourself, you'll probably be blocked from accessing anything inside China.
dark_science

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 08:07:43 PM

you will probably disappear or end up in a prison camp if you set up a tor relay in china...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 08:11:33 PM

Not enough. The GreatFireWall is indeed powerful. They block even Tor bridges. And if you run a Tor relay or bridge yourself, you'll probably be blocked from accessing anything inside China.
Then they must be actively scanning the whole ip range for computers running tor, I doubt that would be economical and exchanges where the lines out of china end would probably complain about the amount of junk traffic.
IMO as long as you can connect to https you can always establish a link somehow, but it might need someone to help you out.

edit, this really seems to be an issue, here is an hour long talk on the subject....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3945011430392697080
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 08:25:06 PM

try this;   http://www.networktunnel.net/

"Super network Tunnel is equal to SocksCap + Bidirectional Http Tunnel + Remote Control. It's the first two-way http tunnel software in the world."

Not sure how true 'first' is. But previous to this type package 2-way tunnels were built using winpcap to capture and resend the traffic through 'allowed' ports.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 05:56:34 PM

I would invest in a drugs futures market. Considering how consistently people have used drugs since before recorded history, I think it would be a very conservative bet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 11:47:38 PM

I would invest in a drugs futures market. Considering how consistently people have used drugs since before recorded history, I think it would be a very conservative bet.
I'm amazed how you americans are attracted to making money by speculation, not doing real work, such as growing and selling the drugs by yourself. In soviet union speculation was punishable even by death penality.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 01:03:20 AM

I'm amazed how you americans are attracted to making money by speculation, not doing real work, such as growing and selling the drugs by yourself. In soviet union speculation was punishable even by death penality.

Speculation provides working capital for producers, as well as signals for allocation of resources.  It's a necessary part of the free market system, and the very fact that the Soviet Union would punish it with the death penalty should be indicative of that.  It also has the net effect of suppressing drastic price changes with regard to forseeable economic events.  Do I need to remind you that the history of your own nation is circumstantial evidence that top-down control of economic resources (i.e. soviet style communism) is a failed political ideology?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:46:32 AM

In Soviet Russia, drugs sell you.  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:28:59 AM

you will probably disappear or end up in a prison camp if you set up a tor relay in china...

What I was saying is that if you run a tor relay/bridge outside of China, you'll be blocked from accessing anything inside of China. The GreatFireWall works both ways.
No idea on what happens to those who run such relays inside of China.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:33:52 AM

Then they must be actively scanning the whole ip range for computers running tor, I doubt that would be economical and exchanges where the lines out of china end would probably complain about the amount of junk traffic.
IMO as long as you can connect to https you can always establish a link somehow, but it might need someone to help you out.

They just need to block the IPs, what you mean by "scan"?
Blocking relays is pretty easy since they're all public. And blocking bridges for them is easy too, all they have to do is hire a couple people to spend the day creating new Google accounts to request for more bridges.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:44:13 AM

One wonders why their economy ended up so well.  Roll Eyes
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 04:11:33 PM

Well, if I had the option I would earn my money as a drug tester.  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 08:03:08 PM

They just need to block the IPs, what you mean by "scan"?
Blocking relays is pretty easy since they're all public. And blocking bridges for them is easy too, all they have to do is hire a couple people to spend the day creating new Google accounts to request for more bridges.
Yeah some misconceptions in my most on the matter how tor works.
Have you seen the video?

They go over it in some detail, basically china can block alot of bridges, but to block all of them they would have to adapt an attack strategy for every distribution method tor uses.
The video mentions them if you are looking for a accessible bridge there should be a way to get one if you follow these instructions.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 10:23:29 PM

The video is YEARS old. IMHO it's too outdated to be accurate in current situation.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 10:29:47 PM

The problem with Tor is that the connections are identifiable for anyone with the ability to oversee large portions of the monitered section of the Internet, such as the government of China.  So even if a bridge node is established, it can be identified prettly easily.  Also, China itself could establish a bridge node, and record connections, then kill the bridge and track down the IP's that it has recorded.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 10:42:01 PM

Hmm, damn those bastards...

I guess then it's time for a full steganographic communication protocol. Something along those lines of these scientific paper generators though look like a webpage but with a full blown ip layer hidden in it.
I mean we live in times were private individuals can easily come up with several magnitudes more computing power than any entity can. I'd like them block that, or better yet bbcode make it look like some innocent blackhat seo.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: