Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenEx to be shut down[Hacked]  (Read 14838 times)
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:17:11 PM

Dear users,

We will be releasing a secure exchange this weekend/ monday for all mobile devices. Hopefully you all can find a new home there: https://nexxuscorp.com

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Corp.

With a negative trust rating, do you expect your exchange to be a success?

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:43:14 PM

Hydroponica hacked OpenEx.pw

What an asshole.

~BCX~

You would need some evidence to go around and say this... Try harder.

On any forums where real life identity is mostly unknown, sadly no one needs evidence. Most just troll and post any nonsenses.

WHAT CAN ONE SAY ABOUT BCX....Huh?...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
coininaction

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:19:39 PM

Dear users,

We will be releasing a secure exchange this weekend/ monday for all mobile devices. Hopefully you all can find a new home there: https://nexxuscorp.com

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Corp.

+5%

TheareGhosts

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:21:41 AM

R3wt not good enough mate. Can someone pm me r3wts name and address I think I need to pay someone a visit
coiner8

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:59:38 AM

R3wt not good enough mate. Can someone pm me r3wts name and address I think I need to pay someone a visit

For those wanting to sue him here's the information from the Arkansas Secretary of State for OpenEx, LLC:

http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=415974&corp_type_id=&corp_name=openex&agent_search=&agent_city=&agent_state=&filing_number=&cmd=

The name and addresses matches the one on OpenEx's about page.  Surely he wouldn't be stupid enough to use his home address but the address is a 1BD residence.  Probably a rental though since according to Zillow the last time it was bought was in 1994 for $6,000 and r3wt wasn't even alive then.
coiner8

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:18:20 AM

Dear users,

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Corp.

The poster is a fake account not the real Nexxus Corp.  See his trust page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=216047
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:08:42 PM

Scam exchange all exchanges are scams

TheareGhosts

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:39:48 PM

For those wanting to sue him here's the information from the Arkansas Secretary of State for OpenEx, LLC:

http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=415974&corp_type_id=&corp_name=openex&agent_search=&agent_city=&agent_state=&filing_number=&cmd=

The name and addresses matches the one on OpenEx's about page.  Surely he wouldn't be stupid enough to use his home address but the address is a 1BD residence.  Probably a rental though since according to Zillow the last time it was bought was in 1994 for $6,000 and r3wt wasn't even alive then.

Thankyou, I will start a class action thread shortly
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:43:37 PM

This is really sad, there seems to have been alot of work put into OpenEX. It's like every day there is an exchange hacked.

So far only these 3 seem to be secure enough to not be hacked:

-Bistamp
-Cryptsy
-MCxNow

Abinito

Activity: 196
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:20:47 PM

This is really sad, there seems to have been alot of work put into OpenEX. It's like every day there is an exchange hacked.

-Bistamp
-Cryptsy
-MCxNow

So it is possible to run a more or less safe exchange right?

It is really sad that some people dare to start an exchange like its a webshop.

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.
renodaret

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:19:14 PM

dayyyaaaammmm   Shocked
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:22:46 PM

-Bistamp
-Cryptsy
-MCxNow

yeah there was. the accusations being thrown about me in this thread are ridiculous, and not rooted in fact at all.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
renodaret

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:29:28 PM

Dear users,

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Corp.

The poster is a fake account not the real Nexxus Corp.  See his trust page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=216047

this looks interesting
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:11:57 PM

-Bistamp
-Cryptsy
-MCxNow

yeah there was. the accusations being thrown about me in this thread are ridiculous, and not rooted in fact at all.

@r3wt, may I see the source code?  PM me please
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:17:15 PM

hello

In March 11th , I  withdrow my 0.47 bitcoin , but I only recived 0.05 btc

user : daemonjason0
btc address : 1Pz1avhev8H3MJ7EtFFtaGMeV82haYhncr
tx : a6c355107bbeb89846661384790214e358ae647be2e08d38095cdc386834da62

Yes, we sent you a portion of what you are owed. this means you are still owed .42

in case you aren't aware, we were hacked, so its impossible for us to payout everyones withdrawals at this time, but we make an effort not to cheat anyone. we send what we can, and keep track of what we still owe. we are working on a plan to repay everyone, if a payment plan doesnt satisfy you there are legal avenues which you could pursue.

Has anyone heard from the OP lately? Thanks Smiley

Yes, i'm still here. if you need to contact me directly, send me an email at admin@openex.pw for a way to contact me directly via Skype.

-Bistamp
-Cryptsy
-MCxNow

@r3wt, may I see the source code?  PM me please

What are your intentions for the source code?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 11:36:37 PM

Has anyone heard from the OP lately? Thanks Smiley

I didn't, maybe someone else?

But accodring to history posts we can say he is around  almost everyday.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:42:11 PM

ok, there is an update on the situation in regards to customer funds owed. please see my last few tweets

https://twitter.com/_OpenEx_

the site will restore from maintenance soon.

the first step is to setup the system to store the amounts owed. the second step is to complete a display for the users of what they are owed. these will both be done today, and we will begin processing bitcoin withdrawals again.

the manner in which you will receive your funds owed is as followed:

you will receive a confirmation code for each balance you are owed. on the new platform, you will enter the confirmation code and the info will be retrieved for our debt with you.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:24:50 AM

ok, there is an update on the situation in regards to customer funds owed. please see my last few tweets

https://twitter.com/_OpenEx_

the site will restore from maintenance soon.

the first step is to setup the system to store the amounts owed. the second step is to complete a display for the users of what they are owed. these will both be done today, and we will begin processing bitcoin withdrawals again.

the manner in which you will receive your funds owed is as followed:

you will receive a confirmation code for each balance you are owed. on the new platform, you will enter the confirmation code and the info will be retrieved for our debt with you.

Good to see making through.

~BCX~

you're going to keep doing that until i say something huh?

joeventyra

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:40:14 AM

Dear users,

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Corp.

yes this is not a real representative of nexxus! probably trying to pull something off

Crypto world is on the way to eruption.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:26:04 AM

ok, the new system is up a few things to take note of:

withdrawals process normally, until a situation is encountered where there is not enough in the wallet to pay a withdrawal. in this situation, 10% of the withdrawal is paid, and the remaining 90% is placed in the funds owed table. from the user account page, you will see a new tab that says funds owed. in this tab you will find an explanation for everything, and a table containing:

coin | amount owed | confirmation code

you will be required to copy your confirmation codes. when you sign up for the new site, in the account page you will see a link to claim your confirmation codes. after a code is verified, a share is issued for the amount you are owed of a particular currency. this share will either be paid on a daily or weekly basis, probably daily just to keep you happy. each payout will subtract from the remaining debt. once the debt reaches 0, the share will expire, as you have been paid in full amount of what you are owed. i know this is a terrible inconvenience and many people will probably not be happy with it, but something is better than nothing and this is the best possible way of us to settle our debts with our customers.

if you have any questions or concerns, please continue to voice them in this thread, and i will answer you in due time. i check this thread for new replies several times per day.

thanks,
          Garrett

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: