Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenEx to be shut down[Hacked]  (Read 14844 times)
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:35:53 PM

MySQL injection is not "bad", it is a deliberate excuse for people to lose their money.

It is deliberate because only by deliberately refusing to address the simplest most basic aspects of web app programming can it even become at all possible.

It is pretty much impossible to study how secure financial apps on the web are built without learning how NOT to make SQL injection possible, thus the only way to make it possible is to deliberately refuse to actually do secure web app development, instead opting to just spam out any garbage that looks pretty enough to sucker people into putting money into it so you can steal it and pretend it was someone else not yourself who stole it.

Any research at all into how to actually not steal people's money in web apps would cover MySQL injection.

So obviously the programmer knew full well what it was and how to prevent it and chose instead to make it possible.

It is not a "mistake", it is one of the first things anyone researchiong MySQL + Web apps is told to prevent and how to prevent.

-MarkM-

R3wt's response

"But Justin DDOS TEH SERVERS AND TOOK ALL DE BITCOMS!"
TheD0ct0r

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:36:15 AM

R3wt has said time and time again Justin hacked the servers/Wrote shit code,
but yet the whole time he was just hiding under the name mblanchard Working with R3wt.
I have seen the name Mblanchard  in openEx chat and was listed as a dev since the beginning.
this whole thing was a scam.

There has to be a way to stop this guy from releasing another exchange!

https://i.imgur.com/kNKxGXE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mtYwgFv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mbbea02.jpg

MySQL injection is not "bad", it is a deliberate excuse for people to lose their money.

It is deliberate because only by deliberately refusing to address the simplest most basic aspects of web app programming can it even become at all possible.

It is pretty much impossible to study how secure financial apps on the web are built without learning how NOT to make SQL injection possible, thus the only way to make it possible is to deliberately refuse to actually do secure web app development, instead opting to just spam out any garbage that looks pretty enough to sucker people into putting money into it so you can steal it and pretend it was someone else not yourself who stole it.

Any research at all into how to actually not steal people's money in web apps would cover MySQL injection.

So obviously the programmer knew full well what it was and how to prevent it and chose instead to make it possible.

It is not a "mistake", it is one of the first things anyone researchiong MySQL + Web apps is told to prevent and how to prevent.

-MarkM-

R3wt's response

"But Justin DDOS TEH SERVERS AND TOOK ALL DE BITCOMS!"
shuaigejc

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:24:04 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 12:50:58 PM by shuaigejc

I think you made an incorrect call here.

If it were a scam then you wouldn't be in discourse with him, the line would be dead. Scammers don't hang around expending energy to placate their marks.

We have seen (since your post) that @sumantso has withdrawn and regained his coin.
direction

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:08:10 AM

Withdraw all your coins? The compensation?

Be hardly worthy of belief, is this true?
Amgclk65

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:32:34 PM

@ -MarkM- 
You said it best. Getting hacked is just a lame excuse to steal people funds. It's so easy to say
I was hacked.
Apocalyptic

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:20:40 AM

@ -MarkM- 
You said it best. Getting hacked is just a lame excuse to steal people funds. It's so easy to say
I was hacked.

Yes, and that won't change while almost everyone here is ready to throw coins at yet another exchange without doing any due diligence whatsoever. In the meantime https://x-bt.com has been running for almost a year without any incident, check it out if you want to trade serious altcoins.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:01:02 PM

Every single customer should have received an email notice about the "forfeiture" of coins. Sorry about the hack, but your lack of communication will forever keep me away from any of your future endeavors. You are as good as a scammer in my book, whether you started out with that intent or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: