Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using bitcoin without internet  (Read 2605 times)
Ladyga

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:26:23 PM

Bitcoin may be based on cryptography, but its use does not look as scary as it may seem. Basically, it's much harder to save and spend bitcoins than it is to save photos on your computer and share them with other people. The only difference is that bytes today have value and can be exchanged for real money.

The biggest danger of using bitcoin, at the moment, is the rapid price hikes, making it more volatile compared to traditional currencies. However, bitcoin has potential, over time it can become as important a part of the digital economy as PayPal, if not more.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:58:07 PM

The internet is a network that connects computers in the world, and bitcoin will not run without a network.

So the statement that you mean is only a simulation to change networks from the Internet to Blockstream Satellite, and in my opinion it is more efficient to use the internet network
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:21:34 PM

The internet is a network that connects computers in the world, and bitcoin will not run without a network.

So the statement that you mean is only a simulation to change networks from the Internet to Blockstream Satellite, and in my opinion it is more efficient to use the internet network
It really make no sense and bitcoin will be unusable if there is no internet.  Of course,  this is only the way that bitcoin could run and taking out this thing will only make this great creation into dying.

One reason of its creation is to be level with the current era(computer era). We simplify our work loads just because of these and it only give life into bitcoin.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:25:34 PM

It will increase bitcoin user there is no doubt if the new is true. This would be a great achievement for blockchain technology people who belong from a rural and remote place they will be helpful to operate their bitcoin activities. So this is really outstanding efforts for making more investors.
excessbit

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:37:11 PM

Wow! This is the best innovation of 2018 with regards to Bitcoin/crypto advancement. This simply means that people in the remotest areas of the world without internet and even those in those cities where their internet connection is Scrappy can now join and do crpto with ease.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:22:39 PM

It will actually be one of the best initiative to be taken since many people out there are not that "inclined" when it comes to technology and also has many issues with the internet connection. So this will really ease  a lot and bring many on board. At least in this way we could easily say BTC is for all.

ancafe

Activity: 1652
Merit: 694

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 05:35:58 AM

Have new way to use bitcoin as transaction or open bitcoin wallet without use internet? I think if have way we can open bitcoin without use internet is the best and good ideas for the future.
well, that can be said to be a very good development. however, I think with such a thing, bitcoin becomes easier to control. well, we don't know what the development of bitcoin looks like in the future, but when bitcoin can be used without the internet, I think it's a very good progress.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 10:42:22 AM

using bitcoin without internet seems to be difficult to happen because this bitcoin can only be used with an internet connection that can connect to the blockchain server that is used to provide the process for the transactions that you do.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 01:09:30 PM

Blockstream Satellite Now Means Most Of The World Can Use Bitcoin Without Internet. What's your opinion on this one? Do you see it as progress or not? Huh

I think if ever blockstream satellite is legit that's very nice. But world wide ledger is important. Here is the public monitoring always in every seconds, how could the people know the status of exact and real time if the blockchain is offline.
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:18:32 PM

Blockstream Satellite Now Means Most Of The World Can Use Bitcoin Without Internet. What's your opinion on this one? Do you see it as progress or not? Huh
If so, it is a direct road to bitcoin becoming the only means of payment. That would be very convenient. The first time I hear about this technology. Of course the Internet can not replace it. No need. But as a means of payment - it will be an ideal option. I don't know what's better than that.

Read now more about this technology, interested.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 02:48:04 PM

I think using bitcoin without the internet is a good development and not only is it a good development, it will push the adoption rate of bitcoin because many people even those in the rural areas would be able to use it .

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:22:13 PM

Have new way to use bitcoin as transaction or open bitcoin wallet without use internet? I think if have way we can open bitcoin without use internet is the best and good ideas for the future.
well, that can be said to be a very good development. however, I think with such a thing, bitcoin becomes easier to control. well, we don't know what the development of bitcoin looks like in the future, but when bitcoin can be used without the internet, I think it's a very good progress.

A good step if it happens in modern times like this but it is true there will be a bad way if it can be obtained without an internet network. But Bitcoin is a virtual currency that still uses the internet to access shipments to others in all countries.
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:43:02 PM

I think using bitcoin without the internet is a good development and not only is it a good development, it will push the adoption rate of bitcoin because many people even those in the rural areas would be able to use it .

honestly, all this time I have been thinking whether bitcoin can be used without the internet. so I concluded that all that could happen. because in this world nothing is impossible. so we can certainly see this. if it will happen.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1162

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:08:51 PM

Having a satellite as a backup , in case internet is not available is a great idea. This would mean that places where there is no internet or in case of internet disruption, the bitcoin transactions will not stop or halt as we will always have satellite as a backup medium.

Due to such discoveries in the technology, I think bitcoin will soon be more popular and will be more widely used considering the fact when we are sure that bitcoin can never be down.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:52:53 PM

If we dont have a net or internet using bitcoin we cannot enter in bitcoin because bitcoin need internet to invest here.

I think there will be alternatives in the future that would allow users access without anin plan. Though it's a bit more risky using other features like gps.
Of course as we know that bitcoin is digital currency it can be use digitally only and we know that on internet system only we can use it as much as we want to use. Without internet I think Digital currency is not accessible. But in future we can hope that people will use on other systems but right now it is not possible to use without internet.
moneymancrypt

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 07:56:41 PM

this is a vast progress not only for bitcoin, but for the blockchain technology, for bitcoin, this will mean more adoption, as bitcoin can now go deep into the rural dwellers where internet facility is a myth. This is really great news if they can pull it through.
jollydart

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 08:16:19 PM

This is great progress and improves the accessibility of the chain from the places without internet and those people probably require a banking method like blockchain more.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 08:34:10 PM

I think it is great progress. People will be able, in the near future, to use and make transactions with Bitcoin also in those countries and in those areas around the globe where there is a lack of internet connection or it is unstable.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:24:32 PM

I think it is great progress. People will be able, in the near future, to use and make transactions with Bitcoin also in those countries and in those areas around the globe where there is a lack of internet connection or it is unstable.
On the downside, how'd one know the honest nodes are taken over by the attackers if there is no internet to verify the chain? I highly doubt the idea of it. The closest thing is signing a transaction offline then broadcasting it using a service which is connected to the internet. There should be a medium to establish a connection between offline transactions and pushing them into the chain.
Birb
Copper Member

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 11:14:28 PM

It is definitely possible to use Bitcoin offline.  I am a Bitcoin holder for 6 years now and my coins are in an offline paper wallet.  Well in my case my private key is engraved into a steel plate and hidden inside a brick in my home. Will only take it out in the future if an emergency situation requires it.

I have been learning about Bitcoin for many years now and have learned C++, Python and more because of my love for Bitcoin.

BIRB.COM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: