Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 09:18:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using bitcoin without internet  (Read 2606 times)
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:44:32 AM

In that case we can assumed that in the coming internet connection will also be upgraded in terms of no payments at all services provided by the satellite. It is possible to offer to the world free connection to bitcoin whenever you are and whoever you are. I also assumed that on that day every person on earth have its own technology to connect to cryptospace at all times.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

Yeah but that is just on the hipotetical case, but at the moment, it is impossible to access to the blockchain without a good internet conection.

Try it by yourself, and try to spend (not receive, because you can receive without internet, but not to send)

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:52:54 AM

that is possible . i dont know about you guys if you already heard about offline transactions where you can send and recieve coins thru a hotspot source but of course this is not possible if you are transacting to another person that is miles away from you because that would require an internet anymore  .

Other idea that pops to mind is a physical version of btc where we can use it offline just like what we already have in fiat money    .
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:05:16 PM

Blockstream Satellite Now Means Most Of The World Can Use Bitcoin Without Internet. What's your opinion on this one? Do you see it as progress or not? Huh
Yes, I think it's an improvement we need to be grateful for, because mostly, people are depend on internet these days to operate technologies, including for bitcoin. When bitcoin can be used without internet, anyone of course would be interested on bitcoin, to invest their money and of course use it in their daily life for any transaction. Who knows bitcoin really replace fiat in the future.
Memmon3

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

think this is a great achievement for the bitcoin and cryptocurrency world. it goes to show you can access and do any form of transaction with bitcoin wherever you are with or without internet. This is great indeed.
MTNAX

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:35:52 PM

In my opinion it is very unlikely that using bitcoin without the internet because bitcoin is very closely related to the internet so we must have a good internet connection if we want to use bitcoin.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:42:57 PM

Blockstream Satellite Now Means Most Of The World Can Use Bitcoin Without Internet. What's your opinion on this one? Do you see it as progress or not? Huh
Using bitcoin without internet is impossible. because having bitcoin is you need you have a internet to to handle it and to manage it correctly
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:57:51 PM

Today,  we don't still have a new technology where we can use bitcoin even we don't have an internet but I am sure that there there will a development and improvement that we can see in the near future wherein we can use bitcoin even we do not have internet .
To be honest, it is difficult to imagine technically how transactions will be made and how access to the bitcoin wallet will be carried out without access to the Internet.Judging from the website of this company, at least a satellite antenna will be required to use bitcoin.https://blockstream.com/satellite/.Information is available at the bottom of the site.Of course this is a tremendous progress that will change the life of all mankind.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:31:42 PM

if if this were really the case, then this is very good news for all of us. because until now we really use the internet as a technology to get to bitcoin. so we really need to use this kind of thing.

Agree. Using satellites to get access to Bitcoin would simply our lives even better. This is extremely ideal for emergency situations where Internet access cannot be obtained. Whenever there's a hurricane, an earthquake or a natural disaster, you can always count on satellites after the Internet infrastructure is down. On the other hand, satellites help transmit the Bitcoin blockchain to regions of the world, where Internet access is not possible.

While the biggest downside of satellites is the obstruction of signal by clouds or bad weather, it could prove to be extremely beneficial for people who don't have Internet access. Better off, if satellite service could be obtained for free, people could have an easier entry point for Bitcoin. It's only a matter of time before this would get adopted at a large scale.

Speaking of satellites, Nexus cryptocurrency also aims to achieve the same thing as Blockstream. With their cube satellites, anyone could easily get access to the NXS blockchain in a similar fashion to Blockstream's Bitcoin Satellites.

Nonetheless, if this goes through successfully, then Bitcoin will become one step closer towards complete adoption from the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:53:47 PM

If this come to reality, then the barrier against the acceptance of BTC is being remove in phases, BTC without the internet is still an idea that I can not conceive, how will transactions takes place and to create a balance from online  and offline trading.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:00:25 PM

I think we can still call it as an internet but only works on bitcoin, the same as the military satellites. Where they do have a specialize satellites that no one could interfere. I think this is where they took the ideas about of this blockstream satellite but i want to see how does it work in public.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:14:58 PM

That can be a progress but we should not depend too much on this because as far I know, internet is very important almost in everything. This can be a good invention and hopefully it can be execute well because this technology will make cryptocurrency more convenient than ever and because of this it can really replace fiat money. This is something good that we need in the future, let’s watch for this project.
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:57:41 PM

How could it be possible,bitcoin forum is a online forum so internet connection is must for handling this site .so I don't think bitcoin without internet.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 11:58:59 PM

That can be a progress but we should not depend too much on this because as far I know, internet is very important almost in everything. This can be a good invention and hopefully it can be execute well because this technology will make cryptocurrency more convenient than ever and because of this it can really replace fiat money. This is something good that we need in the future, let’s watch for this project.
Are you kidding cause you're right when you said the state of using bitcoin without the internet will make crypto more convenient can it will also boost the going mainstream for bitcoin but not to depend on the project is what I dont agree with base on the past record of the project creator.

babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:22:36 AM

this is an extraordinary technological development, I think this will be one of the advancements that deserve to be taken into account.
if indeed it continues to be developed, the prospects will be very good for the future
cc80aa

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:40:59 AM

Right now, it couldnt happened because the line we are using is for internet but maybe someday in the future is work with it, and also our social media introducing about crypto is also from internet therefore we are depending on internet this time.
dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:56:18 AM

In my opinion it is very unlikely that using bitcoin without the internet because bitcoin is very closely related to the internet so we must have a good internet connection if we want to use bitcoin.

Knowing that there is a strong link between bitcoin and the internet, it seems to me if it can happen because of a bitcoin development in bitcoin payments and water bills. That may be a bitcoin breakthrough in multiprocessing Wink

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:17:25 PM

If this come to reality, then the barrier against the acceptance of BTC is being remove in phases, BTC without the internet is still an idea that I can not conceive, how will transactions takes place and to create a balance from online  and offline trading.

Exactly. With satellites, the barrier of entry to Bitcoin is removed since it will be possible to perform transactions without an Internet connection. That's the beauty of this, where Bitcoin can be transmitted to areas of the world where Internet access is not possible. Satellites would simply broadcast the Bitcoin blockchain to users and include new transactions on the main chain. With this, Bitcoin can truly perform as peer-to-peer electronic cash, as it would function the same way as cold hard cash, in an offline fashion.

Blockstream's satellites have already done this, but goTenna has achieved offline transactions via the use of the Samourai Wallet. Which means, that in the future, Bitcoin would not only be transacted across the Internet, but also offline either using satellites, or mesh network antennas like the goTenna. Therefore, this is a remarkable invention that would take the world by storm someday. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 05:31:55 PM

Exactly. With satellites, the barrier of entry to Bitcoin is removed since it will be possible to perform transactions without an Internet connection. That's the beauty of this, where Bitcoin can be transmitted to areas of the world where Internet access is not possible. Satellites would simply broadcast the Bitcoin blockchain to users and include new transactions on the main chain. With this, Bitcoin can truly perform as peer-to-peer electronic cash, as it would function the same way as cold hard cash, in an offline fashion.

Blockstream's satellites have already done this, but goTenna has achieved offline transactions via the use of the Samourai Wallet. Which means, that in the future, Bitcoin would not only be transacted across the Internet, but also offline either using satellites, or mesh network antennas like the goTenna. Therefore, this is a remarkable invention that would take the world by storm someday. Just my opinion Smiley
I have read some articles in the internet about satellites that can help the bitcoin to use even without internet. If the bitcoin can now use in daily transaction even without internet, I am sure that it can attract more users.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:50:44 PM

If bitcoin or crypto should be use without internet,  that means one can do an offline transaction of bitcoin.
But, my question will be....can exchanges also be used and operated without internet as in offline exchanges?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: