Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ABCS] Airdrop and Bounty Campaign Standards  (Read 393 times)
Mesquito (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 03:04:10 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2018, 07:31:35 PM by Mesquito

There are lots of airdrops and bounty campaigns that borns everyday. Some users says that more than 80% of them are scam, and others are disrespecting users. For a user's more secure participation on these campaigns, a standard is now created where airdrop/bounty campaigns can publicly show that they are committed to comply with.

Infos:

Projects can show on their campaigns a seal/badge of ABCS and their score (and if they are eligible), with link to an post containing our report of the given project. This seal can't be modified by the airdrop/bounty campaign, because it will be hosted on our site and is the user's responsibility to verify the URL of the image.

Before publishing a airdrop or bounty campaign, an project needs the following:
  • Be original
  • Website
  • Screenshots/concept images of the product
  • Profiles on most need social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Medium, YouTube, Telegram Channel, Telegram Chat, LinkedIn
  • Whitepaper
  • Onepager
  • Make clear where to post the airdrop/bounty reports: on BitcoinTalk thread or an online form
  • On report forms, warn that the forms will be closed on the date and user will be unable to report its work
  • When reviewing the time on your campaign, always use UTC timezone
  • Make explicit that rules:
You also must be a citizen or legal resident of a geographic area in which purchase, holding or use of [PROJECT] Token and tokens of its partners is not prohibited by applicable law, decree, regulation, treaty, or administrative act; not be a citizen or resident of, or located in, a geographic area that is subject to U.S. or other applicable sanctions or embargoes or be an individual, or an individual employed by or associated with an entity, identified on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons or Entity List, the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals List, the U.S. Department of State’s Debarred Parties List or other applicable sanctions lists; not be resident or domiciled in the United States, China or the Cayman Islands; and be at least 18 years of age.
  • Instead of text, use images as the heading of each social network. Example: "PROJECT NAME | Twitter campaign"
  • Public participation sheet, containing user name, its social networks, if is approved and their tasks with their tokens (participation sheet can be individual for each social network)
  • If using different participation sheets for each social network, don't use the same title on all, but put the social network name on them. Example: "PROJECT NAME bounty participation sheet - Twitter"
  • Don't say that the payment will vary according to quality, but say what is need to achieve that quality and what will be paid according to quality

Spin-off rule: be human

• When flagging/banning users from airdrop or bounty campaign, create a appeal form
  • If user submits an appeal form or airdrop/bounty report out of the date, your project needs to not be systematic, but human; with good support, and listen to users individually and attend them
  • Don't be happy when a user losses their tokens because of not obbeying to dates or any other reason: if you want to distribute the coins for the minor user amount as possible, better if you use stakes (divisible between any amount of users) than limiting with your project's tokens
  • Be fair with your project, but at same time, be compreensive and human to help users
  • That doesn't means you need to accept spammers/scammers/bots, but when a user is flagged as so, an appeal form needs to be accessible
  • When you reject to attend a user because of dates (and the distribution of airdrop/bounty tokens didn't happened yet, and there is not just 1 day left till the distribution) you're not being "a fair manager that is following the rules", but you're being a not-human systematic

Optional things (also worth points):
  • Professional website
  • Professional whitepaper
  • Professional BTT signature design
  • Working prototype
  • Smart contract already deployed
  • Working product
  • Profile on AngelList
  • Built-on-site airdrop
  • Built-on-site bounty campaign
  • Participation "sheet" on a GitHub issue's first comment (cannot be deleted, but edited - unlike Google Forms, its untamperable and really transparent)
  • The project is an solution/idea that is different from any other crypto project

Badge/seal:

Code:
Don't copy ABCS: it's registered on Namecoin's blockchain and Web Archive.

Soon: guide about how to participate on airdrops/bounty campaigns, and a guide to start your own crypto project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

Launched ABCS 1.2
https://github.com/ZeroCoinOrganization/ABCS/releases/tag/1.2
Nowherman

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 05:50:34 AM

Creating standards for airdrop and bounty campaigns is a very timely and good idea. Recently, a huge number of incomprehensible projects have spawned, which gives the impression that even schoolchildren create ICOs.

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:04:30 AM

This is good parameter for bounty and airdrop program and can be use to take the right choice. I'll wait the next step and see what happen and how good the progress. I believe we already have experience but none of us can take the real choice, scam and paused program still become the biggest risk we have. Keep going and good luck to you.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:21:55 AM

I love your standards and i would wish in 2019 if these can be made and utilized by present upcoming and existing projects.
It protects both the interest of the participants and also the project owners.

But who knows what will happen to airdrop ? lets see if bounty managers take advantages of this post.
karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 12:50:14 AM

If airdrop campaigns are made by this type of standard, maybe everyone would trust the project and nobody got scammed i think. Because scam projects doesn't do a whole lot of things will make their project looks better. So thanks for this type of thread. It's kind of beneficial to us.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 01:15:10 AM

This is good parameter for bounty and airdrop program and can be use to take the right choice. I'll wait the next step and see what happen and how good the progress. I believe we already have experience but none of us can take the real choice, scam and paused program still become the biggest risk we have. Keep going and good luck to you.
no offense
Is the bounty the most important element in an ICO event?
the success of an ICO is from investors, how many investors are interested in the project, and also how much money is earned when ICO is held
bounty hunters only do publications and also the formation of communities,
ICO without investors will not succeed, but ICOs who are qualified even without a bounty hunter, will definitely succeed
for issues of publication, teams and developers can use the Google Ads feature, or Fb Ads, so that organic communities will be formed and not paid communities
dddudidd

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:23:01 AM

in my opinion this is very cool, with this project we can see which projects are better. I want to see it again in the last few days. is it feasible to be made a recommendation to my friends.
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:25:59 AM

This one is better but you cannot prevent most of the abuses from the users here. They can create thousand of accounts to apply in the bounty.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 07:51:04 PM

Creating standards for airdrop and bounty campaigns is a very timely and good idea. Recently, a huge number of incomprehensible projects have spawned, which gives the impression that even schoolchildren create ICOs.

I was already thinking about creating this, then when participating on a bounty, they wasn't respectful with bounty hunters, so I had sure those standards are a need: for both hunters and bounty campaigns.

I need to release a new version of ABCS, but it will have lots of things, so I can't launch it now.
ABCS is open to receive suggestions.

I love your standards and i would wish in 2019 if these can be made and utilized by present upcoming and existing projects.
It protects both the interest of the participants and also the project owners.

But who knows what will happen to airdrop ? lets see if bounty managers take advantages of this post.

Its up to us to ask airdrops and bounty campaigns if they want to comply with ABCS.

If airdrop campaigns are made by this type of standard, maybe everyone would trust the project and nobody got scammed i think. Because scam projects doesn't do a whole lot of things will make their project looks better. So thanks for this type of thread. It's kind of beneficial to us.

The problem is not only scam; and any standard can't prevent 100% against scam, as there is not 100% security on everything but a satisfy limit and layers. There is also the possibility that the project doesn't succeed, what doesn't means that is a scam. How to guess it?
ABCS isn't created to solve airdrops' and bounty campaigns' problems, but to do a big help on pointing how they can be better and to protect both campaign/manager and participants.
If a project haves an official seal of ABCS (verified by the URL), that doesn't means the project is secure and we need to be blind investors, but that the project is using an additional layer for security

no offense
the success of an ICO is from investors, how many investors are interested in the project, and also how much money is earned when ICO is held
bounty hunters only do publications and also the formation of communities,
ICO without investors will not succeed, but ICOs who are qualified even without a bounty hunter, will definitely succeed
for issues of publication, teams and developers can use the Google Ads feature, or Fb Ads, so that organic communities will be formed and not paid communities

Your point is very good, about organic engagement on advertising. It really makes us ask:
Code:
Personally I think the majority of bounty hunters receives their tokens and wants to sell immediately after the coin gets a increase on value; and not to really support a project. So, the part of bounty can be sold on the ICO, openning the crowdsale to receive more investors. And organic advertising is better than bounty.
But there yet will come lots of good projects that haves airdrops and bounty campaigns, and for that reason I'd created ABCS.

This one is better but you cannot prevent most of the abuses from the users here. They can create thousand of accounts to apply in the bounty.

But it isn't created to act as a anti-spam/KYC system, but a guideline for airdrops and bounty campaigns.
So, not only their participants follow rules, but also the managers of campaigns.

in my opinion this is very cool, with this project we can see which projects are better. I want to see it again in the last few days. is it feasible to be made a recommendation to my friends.

Thanks. You could also recommend to airdrops and bounty campaigns you like.
Soon it will have a new version.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 09:01:38 PM

Please add another rule that minimum bounty reward will be minimum 2% of the total supply and the reward will be sent to the participants within 15 days after the end of the ico. This point is in perfect interest of crypto community and bounty hunters.

ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:19:14 PM

Like your standards and the proposals how to make the airdrop and bounty market transparent. It would be nice to have some global agreement as it will be beneficial for both sides, the ICPs and the hunters.

duongdaiduong

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 12:48:25 AM

Wow! That is a good idea. I support this because it will help bounty hunters a lot. Everything should be included in the regulations.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 01:41:29 AM

i like the idea, but it will not be easy to implement. the question is, will ico and airdrop projects take this as a standart or not in the future and will people pay attention to this seal or value it. nevertheless, i support this idea and hope to see such a quality seal at icos in the future.
Yabuy92

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 06:49:25 AM

it's good for the solution, there are already many special website platforms that handle the gift of prizes or airdrop, including: platfrom.io, bountyhive.io there are also kingairdrop and bountysuite and many more

Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 03:53:09 PM

Please add another rule that minimum bounty reward will be minimum 2% of the total supply and the reward will be sent to the participants within 15 days after the end of the ico. This point is in perfect interest of crypto community and bounty hunters.

I agree with you, as both being a bounty hunter and also creating a crypto project on the begin of year.
I'd hear that a good ICO needs to have an maximum of 5% for airdrop and bounty, so the minimum of 2% from total supply dedicated to bounty, seems reasonable. Also, need to pay participants within 15 days after the end of ICO is good as signal against scam.

Like your standards and the proposals how to make the airdrop and bounty market transparent. It would be nice to have some global agreement as it will be beneficial for both sides, the ICPs and the hunters.

No need for an agreement. But if regulations would like to use ABCS as a model, ok.
The thing is just airdrops and bounty campaigns show that they want to comply with ABCS' standards, and receive a seal to show their commitment to be fair on their campaigns.

Wow! That is a good idea. I support this because it will help bounty hunters a lot. Everything should be included in the regulations.

Regulation for airdrops and bounty campaigns? I don't know if it will come soon, as the regulators' focus are the ICOs.

i like the idea, but it will not be easy to implement. the question is, will ico and airdrop projects take this as a standart or not in the future and will people pay attention to this seal or value it. nevertheless, i support this idea and hope to see such a quality seal at icos in the future.

Like ICO benchmarks, it is beneficial for both users and projects.
Users want to see that not only they follows rules, but also the project is doing so, and haves scores from a ICO listing. And because it gives more traction and trustability to the project, its also beneficial for the projects.

it's good for the solution, there are already many special website platforms that handle the gift of prizes or airdrop, including: platfrom.io, bountyhive.io there are also kingairdrop and bountysuite and many more

The thing is that airdrop/bounty platforms receives a part from the campaigns (some or most receives 15%), which could be also to prize the effort of the campaign participants.
And most of them doesn't haves a rule set.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 04:22:56 AM

No escrow mentioned? I believe airdrop/bounty ideally should use an escrow to prevent conflict of interest. Some bounties that I know don't use escrow, and they delay the payment up to months/year, which is a pain in the ass. I think they should respect bounty hunters by not delaying and giving an exact date of distribution, but sadly they seem don't care about it at all. The magic "soon" word is always used to answer when bounty will get paid.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 06:13:43 AM

Really good idea. As cryptocurrency needs regulations, airdrop and bounties should also have these kind of standards.
It will be really helpful to know about genuine project, specifically projects only posts airdrop.
Truely speaking, I don't like the idea of Airdrop, as following/completing all the mentioned tasks, gets rewarded only few cents. Also projects delay most of the time distribution, so that half the participants leave it.
This is my personal opinion, no offense.  Cool

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 03:31:12 AM

Truely speaking, I don't like the idea of Airdrop, as following/completing all the mentioned tasks, gets rewarded only few cents. Also projects delay most of the time distribution, so that half the participants leave it.
This is my personal opinion, no offense.  Cool

Airdrop is like traditional marketing strategy, easy task low rewards unless you can bring 1000 new users using your ref link. I do agree that airdrop is not profitable, but some projects in the past, like REBL or EQUAL only do an airdrop and they don't do any bounty too. But projects like these are scarce now, maybe because the market is bad.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 11:55:08 PM

a good new step, this will be a potential long-term project. still waiting for the next step.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: