Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:42:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Bitcoin seem to always rally in December?  (Read 912 times)
HopeHK (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:47:00 PM

My theory is that people buy it as holiday gifts.
Daper

Activity: 120
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:05:45 PM
Merited by dbshck (2)

Just a slight uptick in price and it's already declared a rally ....  Grin  the stupidity and ignorance of even the most basic understanding of real world economics is so rampant on this forum.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:17:50 PM

yes, every year some people choose to sell BTC for Christmas and holiday gifts, they make the BTC market fall.

I think, this becomes an activity every year, and can't be avoided, and at the end of this year, I predict that 60% of crypto users choose to hold their assets.

prasad87

Activity: 242
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:18:35 PM

In 2013 it was congress hearing.
Don't know about last year.
But what we're seeing December 2018 is not a rally, it's a small correction following huge dump.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
TheBunting

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:19:21 PM

I wouldn't call it a rally until a little bit more progression occurs. I really hope it does become a rally though Smiley.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:43:41 PM

I can't think of any other reasons why but probably that is the most common answer you will get here since Bitcoin is always on a downtrend every Christmas holiday in December. Now, the real question is when would Bitcoin start to push its trend upward so that a bull run would start as soon as possible?

pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:51:51 PM

yes, every year some people choose to sell BTC for Christmas and holiday gifts, they make the BTC market fall.

I think, this becomes an activity every year, and can't be avoided, and at the end of this year, I predict that 60% of crypto users choose to hold their assets.

Did it really rally in December 2014? When I look at the charts December is all red and it continues until the middle of January 2014. Don't say always when you saw only a short lifetime of an asset. Bitcoin is only 10 years old and even in this short time the pattern doesn't repeat every year. This bounce back is too small to be called a rally yet.
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:09:18 PM

It's too early to tell that bitcoin is rallying solely based these couple of days of increase. Assuming that bitcoin is rallying towards through out the end of the year, it might be due to the feeling of being optimistic for year 2019. The bitcoin ETF is expected to be approved on February. This is a good trigger thing for bull run.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1286

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:10:56 PM

Any sign of green in the market brings new waves of positivity and speculation
threads, it wont be long now when the bull will be mentioned.

By this time next week bitcoins value could be back to 3k. Its difficult to find
repitition in the markets. Compared to last year this "rally" is a blip.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:15:03 PM

Any sign of green in the market brings new waves of positivity and speculation
threads, it wont be long now when the bull will be mentioned.

By this time next week bitcoins value could be back to 3k. Its difficult to find
repitition in the markets. Compared to last year this "rally" is a blip.

Everyone wants to speculate because I believe that deep inside, they want to see again the successful days of bitcoin. Most of the time, the speculations are wrong. Better keep it to ourselves. It will not make any difference anyway.  Wink
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:18:03 PM

I won't consider this a rally since we came from a huge dip and bitcoin hasn't recovered yet. This may be a sign that bitcoin is slowly recovering from its losses from the bloodbath due to the BCH drama.
People do have lots of money when it comes to the month of December, so it's one of the reasons why there's a spike on bitcoin's value. Some people are trying to purchase more bitcoin hoping that by next year they can profit from it. This trend is very unpredictable and might as well make you lose your investments so better invest only and amount that you can afford to lose and always set a goal of when to stop for greed will make you lose everything.
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:50:06 PM

December is the end of the year. Many people want to improve the statistics of their portfolios and for this reason traders are very active during this period.
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:50:40 PM

I also think that this is due to the holidays. But it seems to me that this year nothing magical will happen and the market will still remain in this position. Everyone is waiting for the next year, because it promises to be more positive and friendly.

sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:59:03 PM

Not every December, 2016 wasnt the same for this and last year. I think these are the people that believes its a better time to buy on December.

Sorry to those who bought last December and lucky are those that are buying right now. And these money maybe came from their additional/bonus year end month pay.

SouzaThomson

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:31:50 AM

i don;t know what you mean. can you explain?
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:22:08 AM

Whats the connection? Lets say if you are one of those who buy, are you really willing to just to give it to someone just for a gift?

cameron_EMI
Copper Member

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:28:21 AM

Whats the connection? Lets say if you are one of those who buy, are you really willing to just to give it to someone just for a gift?

Yes, it is true. I once knew a guy who bought 2 LTC at $25 per coin last year for his niece and nephew because he hoped it would help them someday with their education, buying an used car, or whatever it can help them with any unexpected financial situation.

It is similarly to setting up a trust fund.

cameron_EMI
Copper Member

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:30:35 AM

It's too early to tell that bitcoin is rallying solely based these couple of days of increase. Assuming that bitcoin is rallying towards through out the end of the year, it might be due to the feeling of being optimistic for year 2019. The bitcoin ETF is expected to be approved on February. This is a good trigger thing for bull run.

BTC ETF is one of the biggest reasons. Also, don't forget Bakkt platform's release. Also, if you invest your money into BTC right now and sell it next year, you would pay less tax bucks (long-term capital gain tax in USA).

Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 03:43:02 AM

I think this is because there are many events at the end of the year, so during November - December it has become commonplace that every month the events of Christmas and New Year and usually Q1 is the peak performance of crypto bull run. Each year also has external factors, for this year and in the coming year it looks like regulation and Bitcoin ETF are the reasons for this trend

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3854

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:45:34 AM

I really won't consider the price bump a "rally" just yet. If anything, it was just a small consolidation bump just because we we're pretty much full-on bear market for the whole year. The price bump currently is only merely $500. Is it really a rally? Time will tell. But in my nooby-trader's opinion, it's nothing but a dead cat bounce; and I definitely hope I'm wrong. It's just pure coincidence that the small bump happened in December.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████