Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 in 4 Words – ICOs and Ethereum Are Dead  (Read 1174 times)
CPN99

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

I agree if 2018 is a grim moment for the crypto world, but to say that he will die I disagree. I still believe in crypto. crypto will rise again soon. hopefully the resurrection will soon occur in 2019. let's think positively for our common good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 09:55:35 PM

Unless you’re Spencer Bogart, most people would agree that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto

Indeed we cannot deny it, that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto due to the many trials and disturbances that hinder his journey. Until today ethereum is still widely used by ICO for their tokens, even though now they may have contributed to the fall in the price of ethereum, someday they will surely make the value of ethereum jump higher.

DZU1410

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

Unless you’re Spencer Bogart, most people would agree that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto

Indeed we cannot deny it, that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto due to the many trials and disturbances that hinder his journey. Until today ethereum is still widely used by ICO for their tokens, even though now they may have contributed to the fall in the price of ethereum, someday they will surely make the value of ethereum jump higher.
2018 has been a challenging year for many people. This fall caught many by surprise. The popularity of ICO and Ethereum has fallen, but it is too early to talk about their death. It is better to talk about a temporary crisis. I think it's more accurate. A few years will pass and I hope there will be a rapid growth.

kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:34:14 PM

ICOs and Ethereum are not dead. If you say this then you will have to say the crypto market dead! ICO and Ethereum and all others crypto coins and projects are facing the same condition, A long time bear market! So, Ethereum will regain its value of the crypto market aka Bitcoin regain! ICOs are not dead too, many good projects are failing or postponing the sale because of the critical condition of the crypto market but still many ICOs are reaching their soft cap! So, only shit coins have died in 2018, not ETH nor ICOs!

jho0810

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:37:42 PM

Only those who believe that eth will go down. Would you believe any single accusation that eth will soon be dead? Unless youre not a true enthusiast. Eth has a lot of shortcoming this year but it doesnt mean of dying. You know for a fact that eth is the pioneer of smart contract which are widely utilized now and Im sure their new update will be much more an upgrade to new eth network features.
That's true because if your not enthusiast your not really believe in crypto. Eth will not dead because we all know that all project in altcoin is basing to ethereum even they struggle to what the situation of the market now but still they believe that ethereum is great choice.

https://usdq.platinum.fund/
Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀  $1MLN BOUNTY POOL  ///JOIN///  ▀█
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:41:33 PM

While the situation on the market is very bad, ICO can not collect almost anything... Let's believe in the future, everything can change very quickly
If it is a good ICO it will continue even with low budget because i believe there is a lot of things to finish first before accumulating funds from the investors. And most ICOs this year is full of crap making a lot of bullshit KYC after the due date ends they change the rules so fast for the participants. What a greedy piece of crap people collecting money from those investors.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 11:14:23 PM

I think is just marketing resetting itself and tokens/tokens should have value to survive the market Most coins are just flushed into the market will no real value shaking down those coins is the only way forward in the crypto community and shaping and restructuring is really going to take some time

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:17:39 PM

While the situation on the market is very bad, ICO can not collect almost anything... Let's believe in the future, everything can change very quickly
Yes, most of the ICO’s can’t raise enough fund to support for their project and that is why they extended their timeline up to 2019, hoping that the market will be good next year. 2018 is a not a year for the ICO’s and most especially with the ETH, but as you said the market can change anytime we just need to have more patience for now.

I would say " the dragon is sleeping".  Bull markets are always followed by declines. Trading 101- who knows when the next one comes but this tech is going nowhere but upwards in the long term
Time can tell, but if you believe in this market you will continue to support it. This is very normal, and of course expect that after a bear market there will always a room for a bull run. Long term trend will really be good in cryptomarket.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:42:04 PM

I think is just marketing resetting itself and tokens/tokens should have value to survive the market Most coins are just flushed into the market will no real value shaking down those coins is the only way forward in the crypto community and shaping and restructuring is really going to take some time

It's going to be a wake up call for those tokens or devs out there to really come up with something that can help people in real life. Because it they just continue to create worthless tokens then I'm sure sooner or later it will be dead. So do hope that they learn their lessons very well in this bear market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:47:41 PM

I agree if 2018 is a grim moment for the crypto world, but to say that he will die I disagree. I still believe in crypto. crypto will rise again soon. hopefully the resurrection will soon occur in 2019. let's think positively for our common good.
Resurrection? You said if you are disagree ETH is dead, so what you mean by resurrection? Resurrection is only for a things which already dead and come back to life again.
Fyi OP, elisia Ico recently reached hardcap.

Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:06:50 AM

ETH has risen big in the last few days. This post may have marked its final bottom. Most altcoins are also having good rises.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:03:15 AM

yes, in 2018 this was a very bad moment because there were so many collapsing ico and ethereum prices that collapsed that it caused a lot of people to lose, but I am still very confident that in 2019 prices will definitely rise again.
vixcious

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:17:11 AM

Unless you’re Spencer Bogart, most people would agree that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto–even if they don’t say it on their Twitter feeds. If you want to sum up the year in four words, you could try using these: ICOs and Ethereum are dead.

Forums, Telegram groups, Slack chats, there’s no shortage of predictions for Ethereum’s collapse, ICOs futures, FUD, and personal nagging fears about ending up in a dumpster. But, beyond the gossip and speculation, what do the industry insiders have to say?

CCN | https://www.ccn.com/2018-in-4-words-icos-and-ethereum-are-dead/

I think we should go against the crowd in the crypto market. I did it when I borrowed money from my family and bought ETH at $ 80. And now its price is $ 120. I was profitable, not too big, but I believe that going against the crowd is always effective.

Farahtenan

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:33:17 AM

Eth and ICO are still worth keeping, this land is very good for the future, and the market is now starting to have a positive response to every coin.
So eth and ICO will encourage me to keep collecting coins.
xialan_lu

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:35:09 AM

I am sure they can easily say if ICO and Ethereum are dead because they are losing money, but I am not sure what they will say if in a profit position. Indeed, it cannot be denied that there are many ICO who have failed to achieve the softcap and the price of Ethereum has dropped a lot. But the fact is that until now they still can survive and continue to innovate, even every day the new ICO continues to be born. So I don't agree if they say the both are dead.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:42:43 AM

Maybe ICO's are dead but not the ETH because of look at the market the price of ETH is kept increasing again in the market. There are many ICO's failed to reach their hard cap because due to fluctuation the price of ETH down but soon the price of ETH will recover very fastly.
Siti Nurbaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:08:09 AM

When losing, what is available is negative prejudice, even if it is reviewed because it cannot see and understand the development of crypto when walking. So that's their disappointment at Iico and Eth. To be able to reveal that eth is still feasible, we must be able to manage it well, even though many ico fail but look at the market and it turns out that eth has an unexpected increase, so this is very good to continue to follow.
Grechkatx

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:28:00 AM

Unless you’re Spencer Bogart, most people would agree that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto–even if they don’t say it on their Twitter feeds. If you want to sum up the year in four words, you could try using these: ICOs and Ethereum are dead.

Forums, Telegram groups, Slack chats, there’s no shortage of predictions for Ethereum’s collapse, ICOs futures, FUD, and personal nagging fears about ending up in a dumpster. But, beyond the gossip and speculation, what do the industry insiders have to say?

Ico is now in decline now, and many participants already talk about freezing indefinitely, and the developers are starting to destroy the Ethereum, if  make an effort, it can be at the level of Bitcoin.
Zapitmyname

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:19:49 PM

To call ico and ethereum death is very exaggerated in my view. Ethereum is still producing blocks and transacting transactions. Icos still exists, even if there are only a few. That is why i would not call both dead.
It's normal in cryptocurrency people will make a exaggerated news to distract or create FUD on readers mind. If you know the volatility of cryptocurrency and the competition then this all about prices drama to attract more money on their pocket.   
Actually this year we only saw a dump period which made many people to disappoint who are not well aware with the crypto market. Especially those people escaped away who came in this field in the previous year. The long term users of crypto are still in here and they have full faith on crypto.
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:44:03 PM

ICOs and Ethereum are dying. Yeah it's not dead because we can still buy it at mostly all exchanges. ETH has still market demands that are now increasing as the price had starting to crawl up. Is it now dead? Nope I don't think that ETH will just give-up that easily.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: