Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 in 4 Words – ICOs and Ethereum Are Dead  (Read 1178 times)
x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:52:21 PM

4 words?

learn short selling crypto
Sali200

Activity: 165
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:42:59 PM

i think all coin is dead, not only ETH.
invested USD in ICOs  2018 was more then 2017. but income will in future. becouse so many ICO was scam. many ICO was longterm.
hlarisimus2014

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:46:37 PM

No, I do not agree that Ether and EOS are dead projects. I am sure that the developers of these projects will do everything possible to ensure that they survive in the future.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:50:51 PM

Eth is struggling against the worst, and look at a market that is already friendly, so eth is valuable.
Likewise, ico has started well even though many have failed.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Muhtaixa

Activity: 1022
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:54:29 PM

We're not dead yet.

I think this is the best summary of 2018. The bears tried to kill us. But we're not dead. We are living. We survive. You won't kill us!! Cheesy

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sergiorus

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:00:25 PM

ether is alive, ICOs are alive too but might be replaced by STOs soon
anyway there is nothing to worry about for ethereum holders imo
you might be anxious about future of all cryptos including ethereum and it would be meaningful, but ether is looking more comfy than most other top coins
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:02:42 PM

2018 was the year people got what they did not bargain for, we all get carried away witht the uphoria and alot of people have been burnt. The market lost more than $700 Billion, this is a huge money. I don't think we can blame Ethereum and ICO alone because BTC also lost more than 80% of its value from the top, we need to look at the mirror and blame the person in the mirror because we allgot greedy and thinking the market will go up forever
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:26:31 AM

Ethereum's platform isn't solely dependent on the ICO industry for its value proposition because it has far more use cases than that although they do make up a large portion of its utilization at present but this will change as more businesses begin to use the platform not just consumers

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:32:11 AM

lol . those four words are too harsh but yeah you are correct , ico and etherium did exactly died but not permanently because we can still see that they still have a value  . you can only say that they died when the time that their value totally drops to zero and dont recover anymore .

One more thing , why didnt you include bitcoin ?  you know  and we all know that bitcoin did also died a little .  anyway , lets forget about these things because we are now ending 2018      . 
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:33:29 AM

The ICO world in 2018 is like a cruel wilderness, those who can survive and continue in 2019 are the right ICOs that have a real product, ecosystem that runs and supports a broad community.
Coinseeker22

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:37:57 AM

WHAT A BLOODY YEAR! Four days before the end of the year and we are still going sideways. The previous pump on Christmas Eve didn’t do much, actually quite short to be considered as a bounce. Keeping hopes up for a bull but not really expecting it. I dont want to get heartbroken again you know.

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:48:46 AM

Ethereum isn't dead but ICO is about to.

But as the market goes up again, this will give the idea to every ICO that there's going to be a big pump for these too on 2019.
This is something that I have been thinking as well, icos and their developers were taking advantage of the lack of regulation in the market but the huge amount of coins and fraud going on in the market has made governments of the world realize what it's happening, so it is likely that there is not going to be any country in which there is not going to be a strong regulation against icos.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:07:51 AM

Unless you’re Spencer Bogart, most people would agree that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto–even if they don’t say it on their Twitter feeds. If you want to sum up the year in four words, you could try using these: ICOs and Ethereum are dead.

Forums, Telegram groups, Slack chats, there’s no shortage of predictions for Ethereum’s collapse, ICOs futures, FUD, and personal nagging fears about ending up in a dumpster. But, beyond the gossip and speculation, what do the industry insiders have to say?

CCN | https://www.ccn.com/2018-in-4-words-icos-and-ethereum-are-dead/

I agree that 2018 is a bad year for the whole cryptocurrency industry though we are seeing a bigger adoption and utilization of the blockchain technology in many fronts. The reason can be that many big and small investors that entered in 2017 were gone this year and there is no indication that they can be back even in 2019. This can be the big reason why many are really pushing for the approval of the ETF so institutional money can be attracted to enter and be a part of this fledgling industry but I doubt if the approval can have a lasting positive effect on Bitcoin. I am not saying that we are doomed but I am expecting changes to be coming in 2019 whether we like it or not. ICO has to transform itself into a new form where investors are protected and not scammed...there has to be a way for this and we are seeing more interest on STO. As to Ethereum, it can metamorphosed itself and that is what its developers are doing now.

Let's hope for the best but prepared for the worst.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:04:40 AM

But as the market goes up again, this will give the idea to every ICO that there's going to be a big pump for these too on 2019.
This is something that I have been thinking as well, icos and their developers were taking advantage of the lack of regulation in the market but the huge amount of coins and fraud going on in the market has made governments of the world realize what it's happening, so it is likely that there is not going to be any country in which there is not going to be a strong regulation against icos.
Firstly, it not every countries have allow the use of crypto currencies so if we are talking about ICOs regulation such countries shouldn't be included.
Meanwhile, Ethereum is not dead but there's possibility that ICOs will be dead due to the statement by the US SEC but there's chance that they will end up regulating ICOs as you said.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Queensheart

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:11:40 AM

Not all the ICOs and not ETH. I think ETH will be good in the future because the market cap is still big and the possibilities to witness rise in the value of ETH have not yet faded so I am more optimistic about the future. The present is a bit harsh on us.
HiatusGG

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:24:36 AM

I think, Ethereum didnt die in 2018 Maybe ICOs are so close to dying. I believe in 2019, we will see the rising of Ethereum with Bitcoin. ICOs are better than nowadays, ICOs will like one year ago. I will invest to Bitcoin Ethereum and some top altcoins after the christmas so next week
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:17:44 AM

Why do you think that ethereum is dead?
I don't really think so! Eth price has jumped from 80$ to 150$ within a week! Incredible result!
SinLinJim

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:31:37 AM

The ICO world in 2018 is like a cruel wilderness, those who can survive and continue in 2019 are the right ICOs that have a real product, ecosystem that runs and supports a broad community.
It seems to me that even the projects you are talking about now are very difficult to survive this decline. They will be hard and go to the stock exchange, but I hope they survive. 2018 turned out to be hard and I don't know what the next year will bring us, but I hope it will be easier than this year.

CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:52:38 AM

There are countless of haters always stating that bitcoin is dead every time there is a price correction. Guess what happens next, most of them are now a bitcoin and other altcoins investor. The perfect example is Jamie Dimon. This scenario also applies to those people saying that ethereum is dead. How can you kill an altcoin that was a pillar of numerous tokens? Ethereum is here to stay just like bitcoin.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:07:48 PM

Unless you’re Spencer Bogart, most people would agree that 2018 has been a dismal year for crypto–even if they don’t say it on their Twitter feeds. If you want to sum up the year in four words, you could try using these: ICOs and Ethereum are dead.

Forums, Telegram groups, Slack chats, there’s no shortage of predictions for Ethereum’s collapse, ICOs futures, FUD, and personal nagging fears about ending up in a dumpster. But, beyond the gossip and speculation, what do the industry insiders have to say?

CCN | https://www.ccn.com/2018-in-4-words-icos-and-ethereum-are-dead/

ICOs and Ethereum are dying. Yeah it's not dead because we can still buy it at mostly all exchanges. ETH has still market demands that are now increasing as the price had starting to crawl up. Is it now dead? Nope I don't think that ETH will just give-up that easily.
That's right and if I think ICO and ethereum will never die quickly because the thing that enliven the crypto world is the ICO project that provides free gifts to users
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: