Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:04:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump  (Read 23318 times)
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:58:03 PM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

Well, we cannot stop everyone even investors from selling their coins, because they have bought it and they can sell it anytime. Bounty hunters are not the only one responsible for dumping. In some bounties only 1-2% or maybe lesser are provided for bounties. It has only a little effect on the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TusharMali99

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

The tokens allocated to airdrop and bounty should have some lock period and they should be unlocked in multiple batches to avoid dump of tokens.

If they pay out marketing budget and bounties with fiat or eth instead of their tokens that can prevent dump mostly.

But they don't want to spend that so we ar seeing dumps all the time.

Yes, this option is quite good. Some ICOs have already started giving out bounties partly in eth/btc and partly in their tokens.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:12:27 PM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

Of all the items listed above, only item number 4 is responsible for protecting against the price dump. All others are more like preventive measures for legitimate projects and bounty hunters participating in them.
lagharto

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:13:25 PM

You are definitely a newbie on the ico market.
Yes, that what you described above is a good and must be implemented in a "perfect project", but hystory says that the main thing to prevent a dump after the first listing is a token metrics. The less tokens in the circulation means the less probability to be dumped. Also there must be unsatisfied demand created before listing, this is the main factor for token grows at the first times. And also there must be a smart market making pre-paid and ordered on that exchange if it is real and the exchange can offer this.
Also there is exist some other options that could prevent a token dump but this information is not for all.
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:28:37 PM

Too many projects and too many of them just collect money on the ICOs, step by step it is more harder to find the good project, and even if you find some, it does not guarantee that it will be really successfull because not so many people are ready to invest nowadays because of the todays situation on the whole market.
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:38:44 PM

it won't be possible, there will definitely be a dump when the coin is first listing on the market. it's useless to apply all regulations to prevent dumps. because the dump is caused by investor interest. and I think dumps occur not because of a bounty hunter, with only 2-5% of the total supply not going to make the price break if all investors agree not to sell their coins.

I see that the cause of the new coin in the dump is an investor who doesn't believe it, or a team of developers who dumped their tokens.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:42:24 PM

everything what you wrote it is true, but in situation when ETH was 1300$ and than falling to 100 dollars - no one protect from anything, all investors are shocked
caffu chino

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:45:11 PM

how to protect it if a dump occurs because of investors and the development team. all the ways you think of are just to make it difficult for bounty participants and airdrops. I think it's strange if the bounty is to blame when a dump occurs. because before the bounty reward is shared, usually the price is destroyed.

the rules are made for those investors.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:57:26 PM

I agree with you on this. Any project that has the interest of its growth must put in place counter measures to ensure there is minimal crash in its price as a result of dumping. I understand that there is no absolute control over the market or control over how people dump their tokens but to a lesser extent, a project can initiate buy backs, holding rewards etc to ensure the value of their tokens are maintained. Price crashes and dumping can only lead to a loss in interest from potential investors.
sssergy

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:06:04 PM

This not right that good ico can't protect from dump market. By taking some step they can only stay position even when market dump
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:48:31 PM

You are definitely a newbie on the ico market.
Yes, that what you described above is a good and must be implemented in a "perfect project", but hystory says that the main thing to prevent a dump after the first listing is a token metrics. The less tokens in the circulation means the less probability to be dumped. Also there must be unsatisfied demand created before listing, this is the main factor for token grows at the first times. And also there must be a smart market making pre-paid and ordered on that exchange if it is real and the exchange can offer this.
Also there is exist some other options that could prevent a token dump but this information is not for all.
You sound very much knowledgeable and owing to the fact that you have been in the crypto space for quite some time, can you please, tell us what the other option is?
Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:52:06 PM

How I wish credible projects will be able to implement this and also be transparent to all stakeholders including bounty hunters by allowing them to know that they must do KYC before starting to promote the projects and work on their Roadmap in order for the price of the token to be stable.

pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:54:27 PM

Honestly, I doubt that project developers are not aware of the above items, which can minimize a significant reduction in the price of a project’s coin or the failure of an ICO. Nevertheless, in the given market conditions, even the fulfillment of all requirements does not guarantee further development of the project.
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:57:10 PM

How could a.good ICO be protected from dumps, if this industry is decentralized. This would be very difficult to control the minds of dumpers, unless there will be a decent approach to prevent dumping.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:57:55 PM

This is absolutely making sense and I believe it was out from someone who is an intellectual. For the fact that there is no any measure controlling the dumping of ICO tokens is affecting the price of tokens after getting listed on exchanges. It would be a very great development if such measure could be take
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:00:23 PM

The only thing to prevent the dump of the ICO price in the market is to get more demands from the people.
Make more announcement and development. also partnership is a great addition. listing in a great and top exchanges is one good reason to pump.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:11:43 PM

These are good thing or point you had mentioned but these aren't the thing that would able to protect those projects not to dump.
Investors would always be the main reason why it do dump after listing. Lets say its being listed on popular or top exchange but the price would still have the
same faith to go on.It will surely dump. Why? because of profit taking ofcourse.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:38:44 PM

Somehow, of course, this needs to be regulated as in this way start-ups simply cannot start to develop.

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:44:17 PM

I personally have nothing against all items except KYC. it’s not because I don’t want to throw off the scammers, but because I don’t want to send my personal data. now very often this data is used for other purposes and can be sold
KYCing anything here is horseshit. Your data will be sold and stolen, period. It brings absolutely nothing positive to the space. Scammers and launderers will simply use the identities of others to get their "airdrops" and whatever. And the legitimate people KYCing will get bent over backwards and plowed from behind.

If you submit your data anywhere other than highly trusted exchanges, especially for the laughable pocket money that comes from airdrops and bounties, you're too naive to survive in this space.

P.S. If you want "dump protection" try buying some bank stocks.
Freddy63

Activity: 434

SESSIA

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:46:20 PM

Man, don't mix up ICO and bounty. It is not similar thing,you know.
You should learn about selection process as well, so you will choose better ICOs and avoid scam as a result of your activity

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: