Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which altcoins have real potential to maybe take over Bitcoin's lead someday? [Choose up to 5 options]
XRP
Ethereum
Bitcoin Cash
EOS
Stellar
Tether
Bitcoin SV
Litecoin
TRON
Cardano
IOTA
Monero
Dash
Binance Coin
NEM
Ethereum Classic
NEO
Zcash
Waves
Another altcoin (already existing)
Another altcoin (not existing yet)
Bitcoin will always be the #1.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The number one cryptocurrency  (Read 19109 times)
kingbtcvl (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:30:16 PM

Hey guys,
I am quite interested in your opinion about Bitcoin losing its number one spot in the crypto world because I have recently thought about that myself. Do you think this will ever happen or do you rather think Bitcoin will always be the number one?

Which altcoins do you think have at least enough potential to take over the lead in order to become the new number one at some point in the future?
To find out I have listed the current top 20 coins and you are allowed to choose five of them. If you choose the option 20 "Another altcoin (already existing)" please let us know which altcoin you think about. Besides feel free to discuss, of course.
Mr. Art

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:41:21 PM

no, there will be no altcoins can replace bitcoin as the number one of cryptocurrencies in the future
i believe bitcoin will always be number 1 my friend
remember without bitcoin, altcoins will never born  Wink

mega_carnation

Activity: 376
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:43:18 PM

I don't think that it will ever happen. Bitcoin will remain as the king and it's bitcoin duh, the rest are altcoins and tokens that can't move if its not for bitcoin.

No option on what's going to be the next bitcoin as it will never happen.
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:50:35 PM

This will never happen. The main advantage of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized. All Altcoins are centralized and can be controlled and therefore they will never replace Bitcoin. I think that 95% of altcoins will die because they are rubbish and do not represent anything. Each project prints its money and it will end soon.
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:05:35 AM

Ripple, stellar, cardano and monero is my personal choice of alts, which are really capable of much.

cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:20:32 AM

no, there will be no altcoins can replace bitcoin as the number one of cryptocurrencies in the future
i believe bitcoin will always be number 1 my friend
remember without bitcoin, altcoins will never born  Wink
That's right and how long it won't be able to replace the position of bitcoin to become the king of crypto, because in terms of the price of altcoin and bitcoin it's still a long way off. so in the next 10 years, bitcoin will still be in its position as king
The Seller

Activity: 397
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:13:01 AM

I think the position of Bitcoin will never be replaced by any coin, but even though that happens there are only two names that I think have the possibility, namely Ethereum or ripple.

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:27:15 AM

I don't think any time soon in future any altcoin will dethrone BITCOIN from its no 1 position as bitcoin is digital gold and great store of value for money and adopted by everyone in the cryptoverse. Also the whole market takes rally with the price of bitcoin whether its uptrend or downtrend, Thats why bitcoin will remain king forever as altcoins depends on the price of bitcoin.

johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:12:13 AM

I'm also not sure Bitcoin will be defeated. altcoin was born from the history of bitcoin and the proof is when the price of bitcoin falls then the altcoin goes down and this is proof that bitcoin will still be number 1 in the coinmarketcap.
other than that the price can't be beaten by any coin.
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:14:23 AM

So far Bitcoin will remain number one and no one can replace it. Bitcoin already has high popularity and even large investors have chosen to invest in bitcoin, so I have little or no ability to shift it.

serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:19:50 AM

let me choose altcoin which might overtake bitcoin, that is
1. ethreum
2. cardano
3. xrp
4. Bitcoin Cash ABC
5. tron
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 11:24:12 AM

Potential one should be
Ethereum
EOS? (Not sure about it but it seems to have a very different blockchain architecture compare to Ethereum and BTC)
Cardano
Waves

Aside from these, i think it is kinda hard to surpass Bitcoin marketcap
It is the pioneer of these decentralized way of transfer coins
If it falls, it seems that it is not realiable imo
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:30:32 PM

of course bitcoin will always be number one, no other cryptocurrencies can replace bitcoin because many people using it.

sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:34:37 PM

let me choose altcoin which might overtake bitcoin, that is
1. ethreum
2. cardano
3. xrp
4. Bitcoin Cash ABC
5. tron
How can these coins would replace bitcoin? Are you sure that these altcoins can fairly overtake bitcoin? I'm thinking of it before but the closest one few years ago was Litecoin but we all know what happened to its boat so its not the closest one anymore.

And regards to these suggestions that can potentially overtake bitcoin, I don't have any choice for these coin. I have Ethereum but I still don't think that its old enough and worthy to overtake bitcoin, well why we have been thinking about this?

tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:42:54 PM

No other coin can match what bitcoin has already accomplish in crypto world.  Bitcoin will still the number one  crypto .
If i will pick top 5 coins :
Bitcoin
Xrp
Eth
Stellar
Waves

myohmy81

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:02:30 PM

For the next 10 years I still find bitcoin as the top coin at the coinmarketcap and those altcoins that we have are still far to dethrone bitcoin as the king of cryptocurrency. I'm taking into consideration that when bitcoin fall it's price, all those altcoins are affected which is enough proof that they all controlled by bitcoin movement. 
Monetran

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 02:35:59 PM

What nobody seems to understand is that the token which will rise to the top is off the radar screen right now.

BTC groupies can say that it will always be the #1 crypto, but just saying it doesn't make it so. You will find that out in time.

Read and learn:

https://medium.com/datadriveninvestor/of-decentralization-and-mass-adoption-100badda7e7a

A poignant sentence from the article:

"Unfortunately, that eliminates virtually all of the cryptocurrencies in circulation today."

And that would include Bitcoin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:47:42 PM

Which altcoins have real potential to maybe take over Bitcoin's lead someday?

No coin will take Bitcoins place in next 5 or 10 years. And by saying take Bitcoins place is to be most used and usefull coin. Not that its marketcap will be higher or whatever. Coin that will take huge part of Bitcoin transactions will be Monero. Because of its private ledger technology.
altcointalk14

Activity: 751

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:51:45 PM

Which altcoins have real potential to maybe take over Bitcoin's lead someday?

No coin will take Bitcoins place in next 5 or 10 years. And by saying take Bitcoins place is to be most used and usefull coin. Not that its marketcap will be higher or whatever. Coin that will take huge part of Bitcoin transactions will be Monero. Because of its private ledger technology.

It is possible that not the currency listed in that poll, but in some time a better Bitcoin (Super Extra Bitcoin Wink ) may be created and may be a better solution. Then it is possible that he will take over the crown.
sarfield

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:13:15 PM

For the next 5 years, I don't think that bitcoin will be replaced. Bitcoin was born and altcoin can also be born, so new bitcoin is growing so old that its popularity is still high, so I have no idea about substituting bitcoin. Except later when there are accidents that are truly bitcoin worthless.

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
[/center]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: