Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278302 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sancho

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:01:26 AM

Can someone link me to the discord channel please?

Also, does anyone have a link to the updated wallet?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

Greetings, friends at MazaCoin!

As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug, and as a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible. We are reaching out directly to the developers and communities of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own wallet).

watchonly-GUI bug: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal. You can import <any address> and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777B: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

We want to spread awareness and facilitate discussion of this bug to minimize the impact.

Of course - we can always talk about how you can use BarterDEX today to trade MazaCoin via atomic swap directly with your peers, through our beta GUI and without downloading the entire blockchain ; ) That is how we found the bug, afterall.

Stay safe,
Jay
colby_95

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:13:54 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 11:20:31 PM by colby_95

im retarded
spiralus

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:02:44 PM

Why is this coin inflationary? This is just another scam to steal as much money as possible from gullible natives. There is absolutely no upside for natives holding the coin to have their purchasing power stolen away through inflation. I began mining it earlier today before doing any research, but I will immediately cease upon this realization that it is a scam. No inflationary currency will ever survive long term.

All cryptocoins are inflationary, what did you expect?
Where is the evidence that purchasing power is getting stolen by inflation? I see the contrary
No non-inflationary currency ever survives long term either. Currencies typically have a shelf life.
If you don't want to help great, but please stop with the false accusations
colby_95

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:21:25 PM

Why is this coin inflationary? This is just another scam to steal as much money as possible from gullible natives. There is absolutely no upside for natives holding the coin to have their purchasing power stolen away through inflation. I began mining it earlier today before doing any research, but I will immediately cease upon this realization that it is a scam. No inflationary currency will ever survive long term.

All cryptocoins are inflationary, what did you expect?
Where is the evidence that purchasing power is getting stolen by inflation? I see the contrary
No non-inflationary currency ever survives long term either. Currencies typically have a shelf life.
If you don't want to help great, but please stop with the false accusations
My mistake I thought it said 2.4 million coins mined, with 1 million inflation per year. 1 million inflation in the actual 2.4 billion coins is only 0.04% .. Totally fine. Mining again xD

On topic, does anybody know how to set up solo-mining to a wallet using S9's for this coin? Im willing to add decentralization
adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:23:42 PM

Coin added to pool:

http://hashpool.eu

spiralus

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:07:31 PM

Thanks!

Expect a Discord channel soon, plus hopefully some links to wallets.
owlhooter

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:52:44 AM

Thanks!

The current 10.2 wallet is available for download via https://mazacoin.org and the links are through IPFS https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmeFphaDUMjMhqih5w54g5mvqKzNMibPJJ8DNehhWtaVME
Mazapayu2

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:20:10 PM

Wallet links are also available at www.mazacoin.net as well
Mazapayu2

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:26:47 PM

Ok folks...sorry ive been quiet and all...spending the last 5 months in disaster zones has been a unique journey in and of itself...Mazacoin Cares is remaining here in Puerto Rico working on pilot programs to help rebuild and enhance the islands economic infrastructure...including using Maza as a means of payment for volunteers to cover gas...food..and personal items while they donate their time to the clinic and get it up and running smoothly...

HEALTHCARE ICO
Yes the planned healthcare ICO to raise funds to equip the clinic is being worked out with the municipality and more info will be available very soon I can tell you its planned to be multi stage and a unique system. Which could be a model across the island...

Payu
semiwylson

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:28:08 PM

when iOS wallet realese is scheduled? thx in advance
Franz McDinglehofmeisterb

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:18:55 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 01:15:53 AM by Franz McDinglehofmeisterb

Ok folks...sorry ive been quiet and all...spending the last 5 months in disaster zones has been a unique journey in and of itself...Mazacoin Cares is remaining here in Puerto Rico working on pilot programs to help rebuild and enhance the islands economic infrastructure...including using Maza as a means of payment for volunteers to cover gas...food..and personal items while they donate their time to the clinic and get it up and running smoothly...

HEALTHCARE ICO
Yes the planned healthcare ICO to raise funds to equip the clinic is being worked out with the municipality and more info will be available very soon I can tell you its planned to be multi stage and a unique system. Which could be a model across the island...

Payu

I hope that really is Payu, and it will be great news if you are back, but...

Until and unless guruvan / owlhooter and or other older profiles verify that this profile is being used by Payu, people should be skeptical.

A lot of joker's post under the name of established people, then post links to malware, send dm's soliciting something etc.

Hopefully Maza is on track

The real Payu has been tweeting from Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico of course had been involved in an extreme debt crisis, and several scandals had threatened it's connections to the mainland, like https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-doral-bank-murder/

https://slate.com/business/2017/09/trump-is-right-puerto-ricos-recovery-has-a-wall-street-problem.html

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/puerto-rico-control-board-debt-crisis_us_58544d53e4b0390447088ce4

https://www.thenation.com/article/bankers-behind-puerto-ricos-debt-crisis/

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/unsolved-shooting-accentuates-problems-at-doral-one-of-puerto-ricos-biggest-lenders/
ruptan

Activity: 491

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:05:38 AM

HEALTHCARE ICO

Payu

Great that you are back. Does it mean, we will see new technologies and new updates on this coin? With so  many old coins coming back and doing good, may be its time we do something about this coin as well. Thanks

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
m4ever

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 09:01:03 AM

I can verify that it is Payu ...indeed he posted after I chided him, on Friday, on Facebook, (we've been FB friends since early 2015 and I even donated to his brief run for Mayor in MAZA)  about not keeping the community informed on Bitcointalk. And that regardless of the trolls..that he should explain what has been happening with himself...his efforts with MAZA...vision for the coin and address concerns of those with an interest in a "native" coin.

In speaking with Payu via messenger I emphasized that RIGHT NOW - with the influx of BIG money into the crypto space - that money is looking for "penny coins" with a hope of development and at least a name associated with the project.... I asked Payu to address some other questions to and he did for me...if you have questions I think he will be more active here. No one wants this coin to help native tribes more than Payu who IMO walks the walk of an activist. Perhaps the indigenous people will awaken to this incredible potential laying right in front of them. Perhaps not.
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:15:25 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 10:46:26 PM by PeterTheGrape

I can verify that it is Payu ...indeed he posted after I chided him, on Friday, on Facebook, (we've been FB friends since early 2015 and I even donated to his brief run for Mayor in MAZA)  about not keeping the community informed on Bitcointalk. And that regardless of the trolls..that he should explain what has been happening with himself...his efforts with MAZA...vision for the coin and address concerns of those with an interest in a "native" coin.

In speaking with Payu via messenger I emphasized that RIGHT NOW - with the influx of BIG money into the crypto space - that money is looking for "penny coins" with a hope of development and at least a name associated with the project.... I asked Payu to address some other questions to and he did for me...if you have questions I think he will be more active here. No one wants this coin to help native tribes more than Payu who IMO walks the walk of an activist. Perhaps the indigenous people will awaken to this incredible potential laying right in front of them. Perhaps not.

What has never been dealt with adequately is the actual "Native" side of Maza. Most people who hold it are probably non Native supporters of a Native currency. So it is not quite right to push the price up in support of non Native supporters of a Native currency.

Payu has no hesitation to get his hands dirty and even take abuse to further the coin, which is good but still doesn't solve the problem.

Guruvan and Owlhooter have taken care of a lot of complex technical stuff and watched the coin's back, also good, also doesn't solve the problem.

I saw Payu posted a thread referencing a small dollar ico of some kind. ICO's drain credibility from even the most legitimate projects, and selling coins, again, to non Native supporters who want to support a Native currency runs the risk of more circular running.

Maza started with a huge amount of publicity and good will. It was attacked aggressively from the start, and never offered much beyond good intentions and the promise that investors could profit from their good intentions.

All nice but this time around there has to be substance.

x

add

I don't know what the solution is, but a) it is not another central currency that obliges a local group to surrender some power to an outside authority, b) it is not somebody with grand ideas on how to help a different group to succeed in their own milieu, etc

Coins are easy enough to make. It seems a good first step is to arrange an easy secure network for tribes to make their own currencies and a framework to arbitrage or exchange their coins outside their area.

Mazacoin could set some basic standards for tribal currencies, then accept those currencies that meet those standards into some sort of cross network between "white" maza and local Native coins. The obvious pitfalls would be that Maza would have to support the local coins and not itself where any conflict arose. And of course tribes are notoriously white now in their politics, a lot of dirty pool that they play to keep up with their competitors. The best solution might be a blanket rule that the oldest local member of any tribe makes the hard rules, the lesser rules are made by 'experts'.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:23:37 PM

pretty certain user: Mazapayu2 wass the real Payu (Mazacoin founder), as it tallies with everything he has been discussing on Facebook and all the hard work he is doing in disaster zones and in Maza's name.
edit: I just confirmed with Payu on Facebook official profile this is definitely the man himself! plus being a legendary user here myself for 5 years hope  this is good enough!  Smiley
Is there a more admirable character as lead man for any crypto? I think not
plus Payu runs the .net site as an additional site to the .org which tallies, which devs run

the work done on new additional Maza block explorer is great too

https://mazacha.in

lots of great work being done for Maza right now. join the telegram channel then you're not in the dark.
one of the few old, quality crypto projects that is yet to boom and be where it should.

and don't forget Mazacoin is still the first ever sovereign national currency, has always been the case whatever trolls from the past tried to suggest
the tribe/s don't need to only use MAZA and refuse to use $ dollar etc also for this to be the case, they can run parallel. The council have just been very cautious to make big announcements because they don't want hysteria and price becoming out of the range of the core people it is meant to be used by and helped at the minute.

There is an agreement to work with Payu very much and the MAZA team from the council. I have reached out to Payu to ask if we can have anymore supporting documents to help investors and fans of Maza and everything it aims to achieve. This is from couple years ago from the Oglala Sioux Tribe...

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:01:59 PM

There is no question that Payu being directly involved, along with Owlhooter and Guruvan and others, is strong. This coin is very cheap and a person could do almost nothing, or just some superficial stuff, and it will probably rise alot.

I'm very sorry to be rude and not trying to be a troll, but lets please start with the facts so the coin can move forward on a solid foundation.

1) Mazacoin started very strong with massive publicity across media in many countries.
The impression was that the coin was going to provide a currency for one of the poorest and most abused tribes in the Americas. Unfortunately, not only did that not happen, it didn't even start to happen.

2) Papers like are copied above have a few problems.
a) Anybody can arrange that kind of stuff. The govt created a lot of paper with Natives, most of it worthless. Natives learned that paper is not where you put substance.
b) Is there actually a benefit in Natives adopting Mazacoin? If a Native tribe can make their own currency, is there some reason they should use somebody else's currency? Is it in their best interests to use Maza over a currency that they themselves have? No x 3.

I know enough about Native politics to know it may not be crooked diarrhea stench dirty like mainstream U.S. politics but it isn't clean either and I wouldn't put any weight on a bunch of papers arranged by anybody.

3) A lot of people are into the "love everybody, lets all be millionaires, we are all equal" bullshit.
The simple truth, lost on a lot of people, is that there is a unique power in a local group that has an isolated culture and language. If an individual group is able to live without interference they will develop things that won't be developed elsewhere. If a local group is overpowered and forced to submit then their development stops. They become another piece of flab on the national beer belly. Trying to use paper and financial inducements to get a local tribe to surrender its local authority is toxic to the tribe and also longterm harmful to outsiders who lose what would have developed. If you chop down every tree so there are only apple trees then you'll have a lot of apples, which is great, but not good.

/

So again, I'm not one of the biggest Maza holders but I have a few million, and I do not support using Mazacoin as the principle currency for Natives, unless it is with the intention of encouraging them to act towards using a currency that they control entirely.

Years ago local groups had to take into account the physical threats from gangsters, most notably governments, and that applied especially to Natives. You can look at the recent oil pipeline protests and see that things are changing. Now the focus is more on infiltrating groups, forcing isolated groups to surrender to a broader group that can be controlled, etc.

You can look at most Native areas, at least where I am and have been, and Natives have more guns than anybody else. When I talk to a Native it is never long before they start talking about some cool gun they just got. So as a general rule the threat to Native local groups now is not overt power like it was decades ago, but more a slippery slimy coercing of their local group into surrendering its identity to an outside entity.
PeterTheGrape

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:54:30 AM

Don't mean to be rude, nor to stifle the conversation, and whatever Payu, Owlhooter, Guruvan and the rest do I'll try to be helpful, but I do not see how Natives using MZC directly would benefit them. It would give them an economy controlled by outsiders, most of whom are white, and little else.

An idea that has been discussed elsewhere is creating Native currencies distributed entirely, and only, to speakers of Native languages. There are a number of Native languages that have gone extinct, but there are also quite a few with a very limited number of speakers. If a coin were issued in such a way that each Native speaker was given a wallet with a hardcoded amount that could not be spent, but which produced a fair number of coins through proof of stake, the coin would get far more support than even Maza got, even if it were not immediately available to outsiders. It would produce a financial bonanza for the remaining fluent speakers of those languages, along with some credibility that would come with a coin that had genuine muscle.

Maza could be used initially to secure the networks of those coins, since these people would not be major tech types for the most part, and also to provide liquidity with outside markets, though that should not be restricted to MZC.

A lot of things could be done as well with data 'encrypted' by having it put in a Native language that few people speak.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:51:16 PM

beautiful new additional block explorer for Maza been built: https://mazacha.in

also seen an additional new Maza memes telegram group :
"New $MAZA group on #Telegram! http://t.me/mazamemes   Discussing hats, memes, #mazacoin swag in the making & more. "

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
sujoys

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:07:33 AM

Don't mean to be rude, nor to stifle the conversation, and whatever Payu, Owlhooter, Guruvan and the rest do I'll try to be helpful, but I do not see how Natives using MZC directly would benefit them. It would give them an economy controlled by outsiders, most of whom are white, and little else.

An idea that has been discussed elsewhere is creating Native currencies distributed entirely, and only, to speakers of Native languages. There are a number of Native languages that have gone extinct, but there are also quite a few with a very limited number of speakers. If a coin were issued in such a way that each Native speaker was given a wallet with a hardcoded amount that could not be spent, but which produced a fair number of coins through proof of stake, the coin would get far more support than even Maza got, even if it were not immediately available to outsiders. It would produce a financial bonanza for the remaining fluent speakers of those languages, along with some credibility that would come with a coin that had genuine muscle.

Maza could be used initially to secure the networks of those coins, since these people would not be major tech types for the most part, and also to provide liquidity with outside markets, though that should not be restricted to MZC.

A lot of things could be done as well with data 'encrypted' by having it put in a Native language that few people speak.

EXCELLENT IDEA. . .

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: