Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 55K loss, how to get back into the game  (Read 1456 times)
Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:03:27 PM

If you lose a lot of money to start you need to calm down and take time out. Then you need to choose a safe strategy and always follow it.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:30:44 PM

You are not mentioning your portfolio, so I can just hope that you invested in Top coins and potential ones.
In that case, there is big chance that  one day you will regain your positions when the market turns into bullish.

Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:47:05 PM

Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?

Do not panic still despite of the huge loss. It would be a bigger problem once you let go of your holdings because your losses will be permanent. The loss at this moment is just partial simply because there is still a chance for the market value to recover and once such thing occur, profit will again be earned and what's lost will be regain.

QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:49:44 PM

Folks, what a terrible year 2018 has been so far. I invested around 60K and now left with 5K. I did terrible mistakes and I hope there would be a turnaround sometime next year or so. Any suggestions?

I had experienced the same ordeal in 2014 and I had left crypto in frustration - but I did not sell my coins. When the bull resumed I've got back all my money with huge profit. What you could do, if you have FIAT left, is to average down, trying to buy the bottom.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 11:53:49 PM

You can actually recover all the losses in 2019 and also make additional profits. The best way to actualize this is by buying more now at this very market dip and selling at a higher price come 2019.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:53:55 PM

i think most of crypto investors get a big loss in 2018. we bought some crypto in the wrong time and sold them in a bad market situation. if you still have some coin you should hold it. don't do a panic sell and don't be affected with some negative issues. we hope next year will be better than now.

Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:42:28 AM

Its happen to most crypto investor. Many portfolio investor value drop more than 90% and i think its very hurt. I am still holding my coin and believe next year is good year for market recovery
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:42:26 AM

Scary and sad to read is when the amount is small, to cope with the loss is easy, but you certainly lost a lot, what let you down? Panic?
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:46:18 AM

It was your misfortune that you suffered a big loss from the crypto market. However, there are many out there in the market, who invested long ago, lets say, some six or seven years ago, who have made still a big profit despite the market meltdown at present. You should have waited instead of selloff. I have also suffered loss, but I have hope that the market will go up and it is sure.

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:52:04 AM

At this point in cryptocurrency market, there is little you can do to turn the hand of time. Market is still bearish and any other buying activities will lead to more loss. I will advice you wait and see your holding appreciate over time.
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:35:11 AM

It is always good to concider some of the stable coins. These are created to avoid the big volatility in crypto price. I see you invested, may be, in a couple of high volatile coins/tokens ..But, you have to be patient, because thing will recover, hopefully, in 2019.

I advice to concider Gigzi project as it has relatively stable crypto-assets. The beauty of this upcoming ecosystem is the usage of precious metals to back the digital assets, creating "Tokenized Precious Metals". With this project, you can avoid the big volatility in price.

But, you always have to be patient enough to see good profit in the long-run..

michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:42:36 AM

You are not alone in this situation because I think there are a lot more people who have the same situation as you. I think if the $5 was on USDT, you could try to increase your balance by trading and it will do the same if the balance is on bitcoin or altcoin. But you have the other option which only checks the market in every week, and if the price can increase at least in the bought price you did before, you can sell it by small part and hold the rest for the next rises.

Coinmyjob

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:57:02 AM

I think once you have managed to lose such a huge amount of money, it is obvious that again to climb into the cryptocurrency you should not, not your business. If you have the coins, let them lie till the last

ToniJu

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:58:37 AM

I am also anxious about the current market conditions, because all crypto prices are very bad, and it is difficult for traders and hunters to profit from the market.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:30:50 PM

It is more correct to say that your coins have fallen in price. You haven't lost anything yet. Losses will be when you sell your coins. Wait, growth will be, the question is only in time.

atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 08:48:00 PM

It is more correct to say that your coins have fallen in price. You haven't lost anything yet. Losses will be when you sell your coins. Wait, growth will be, the question is only in time.
You expressed your opinion correctly and I also think so, that we have not lost Nothing until we sell our coins. Only selling coins at low prices indicates a loss, but not when they are in your wallet. It is necessary today to adhere to the one and only correct strategy for long-term storage until the cryptocurrency market recovers.
Nastinmel

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:08:55 PM

Sorry to hear this, mate. we do mistakes to get experience so do not get worried too much. Most of us here made the same mistakes and are ready never to make them again. It was the same way the experienced crypto analyst passed through. All the best of luck

I wouldn't feel sorry for anyone in the market, "survival of the fittest". A person invested a lot of money because of greed (IMHO) and lost. It's a really good lesson for him because he paid for it with his money.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 10:11:37 PM

if you waited for a turnaround up to this moment, than you should keep waiting, that is the best at the moment
matricaria

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:16:40 PM

This is a very big loss. I think at the moment you have to change strategy. It seems to me that active trading will bring you more profit.

Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:28:26 PM

Well 2018 is the year most crypto investors will not like to hear since there have been some great losses due to the dip in the market. But hey don't lose hope there are definitely better days ahead if only you could patiently wait for. There is absolutely no need for panic selling just hold on.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: