Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GIO] GOLD.IO DEX+DAC based on EOSIO! Hybrid Airdrop and MVP coming soon!  (Read 774 times)
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:08:42 PM

every gold-backed project in this community was criticised as another crap one because in actuality, they dont have the real gold backing. i know one for sure who has real gold in their stash, which is the xaurum project. but lets see what youve got. too early to tell anyway.
You're right, quite many "golden" projects are... well, let's call it disappointing. While others are indeed gold-backed and deserve much more exposure and liquidity. We aspire to build a DEX which will be able to harbor all the reputable gold-related projects, and Xaurum is, of course, one of the first tokens to list  Smiley

so are you going to list tokens or altcoins that are gold-related only? or those are your priorities? how are you going to filter the legitimacy part of a particular project when it comes to gold-related claims?
Correct, we want to prioritize gold-related projects but also provide an opportunity to trade other kinds of "digital gold"  Smiley
When it comes to the coins which are pegged to a certain amount of physical gold, the only way to tell if it makes any sense is to check how it's stored and audited. We have communicated to accountable companies and experts in the gold market, specifically in gold storage, so that we would understand the nature of those claims. And as the DEX develops, the tokens to be listed will always be evaluated by its community with the final decision made through voting.

that would be nice if you can really implement such procedure. validating their gold certificates is one way to verify their claims also. though they can produce fake docs but you can tell the difference of the authentic ones if youve been in this industry for so long. but whatever path you will take, as long as you do your part to establish the veracity of those projects, thats fine with me.
Sure! It's easier when they are issuing tokens on the basis of the existing golden business, with all the rest it can be... anything. We were looking at the Royal Mint crypto project with much hope, but then it was canceled. This kind of move would really help to create credibility, for all the industry. We cannot exclude though that another big institution won't come up with the same idea, there are gossips... That would be exciting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:14:00 PM

Hi GOLD.IO!

Have you plans of Bitcointalk signature campaign for your project?
If so I could help in Signature creation. Feel free to contact me if interest in.

Also you can check my portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5063787.0

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:31:52 PM

Hi GOLD.IO!

Have you plans of Bitcointalk signature campaign for your project?
If so I could help in Signature creation. Feel free to contact me if interest in.

Also you can check my portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5063787.0

Thank you for your offer!
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:43:07 PM

Meanwhile, the first golden lockdrop for EOS holders has started!

You can find all the details in this Medium article

GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:10:08 AM

Happy New Year!

davey76

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

The GIO ticker is already taken ...
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:43:06 PM

We are aware of Graviocoin existence  Smiley But for GOLD.IO the GIO idea was born long before we started the thread, and we are the only EOS-based project with this ticker.
Sachs_of_Gold

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 11:10:10 PM

https://cryptovest.com/news/goldio-aims-to-build-superior-exchange-for-safe-haven-assets/
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 11:49:30 PM

We are aware of Graviocoin existence  Smiley But for GOLD.IO the GIO idea was born long before we started the thread, and we are the only EOS-based project with this ticker.

You are not going to list this in other exchanges other than EOS-related exchanges?
Also, if you are planning to be listed this coin in CMC, this graviocoin already took the ticker GIO.
Any problem that you think might arise in your future listings?
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:13:17 AM

So, being a decentralized exchange based on EOS, will any fee on the DEX use the payment of the fee be in EOS? Is there any bonus for those who test the DEX beta?
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:44:34 PM

You are not going to list this in other exchanges other than EOS-related exchanges?
Also, if you are planning to be listed this coin in CMC, this graviocoin already took the ticker GIO.
Any problem that you think might arise in your future listings?
Yes, there's a number of projects sharing the same ticker, you can see it at CMC as well. We will see how to fix it if it creates any issues for our development. But we don't see it as an obstacle  Smiley
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:48:37 PM

So, being a decentralized exchange based on EOS, will any fee on the DEX use the payment of the fee be in EOS? Is there any bonus for those who test the DEX beta?
The native token of the exchange will be GIO and it will be the primary token for the fees. We aspire to have the maximum involvement from our community and we will reward it, of course. How are we going to do it? First of all, we will redistribute a portion of fees collected (through the airdrops etc) back to the community to nourish the projects they choose (you can read more about it in our Goldpaper on the website).
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:17:41 PM

By the way, this today's article from CCN explains why we are so sure about our model: https://www.ccn.com/in-gold-and-bitcoin-we-trust-precious-metals-surge-as-stocks-fall/
phanphanphuyen

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:22:10 PM

By the way, this today's article from CCN explains why we are so sure about our model: https://www.ccn.com/in-gold-and-bitcoin-we-trust-precious-metals-surge-as-stocks-fall/
Ooops.
it's really really amazing to see the ccn.com has published article on GOLD.io project.
I am busy now, so I will only have time to read the article later.
Anyway, thanks so much.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:35:06 AM

Ooops.
it's really really amazing to see the ccn.com has published article on GOLD.io project.
I am busy now, so I will only have time to read the article later.
Anyway, thanks so much.
Hi! This article is not about on GOLD.IO specifically but explains the correlation between gold and crypto. That's amazing!
Here's one about GOLD.IO on CCN as well if you want to check it out too: https://www.ccn.com/power-of-gold-on-blockchain-gold-io-presents-the-first-inter-blockchain-dex-governed-by-the-community/
BuyingFast

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:09:55 PM

I'm guessing that if the community votes to do so, this might become a full blown exchange for all the tokens later on, even for tokens from other platforms through atomic swaps. Right? It's run by a DAO after all.
GOLD.IO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:26:31 PM

I'm guessing that if the community votes to do so, this might become a full blown exchange for all the tokens later on, even for tokens from other platforms through atomic swaps. Right? It's run by a DAO after all.
Right! We want to prioritize the golden tokens to provide the maximum for investors in these turbulent days, but we will list other tokens as well for maximum convenience - and yes, the decisions on what we list will be influenced by the Community Smiley
BuyingFast

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:33:58 PM

Makes sense, thanks for the fast answer.
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:58:31 PM

I assumed this would be a gold backed token, but I'm not seeing anything about that in the original post. Is it gold backed?
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:53:29 PM

I assumed this would be a gold backed token, but I'm not seeing anything about that in the original post. Is it gold backed?

It's not a token at all. It's a decentralized exchange for gold backed tokens.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: