Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Got Some Of My Friends To Invest In Bitcoin  (Read 1492 times)
Siegfried (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:09:55 AM

First I helped them set up a Blockchain.info wallet, sync with their phone, and sent them a few millibits. They said "That's cool, but what's the point?" Later when we went out to dinner and drinks, when it came time to pay the bill, I said "Sorry guys, I don't have enough cash. How about you cover me and I will settle with you in bitcoin?" They asked what they can do with bitcoin. I told them to go to Gyft.com and buy something from Amazon. "OK, fine." Two new bitcoin users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:11:55 AM

Lol deceptive and yet honest way of converting people I love it and fully intend to mimic this thank you.

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:23:45 AM

I have done something similar myself, nice one mate!

Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:57:04 PM

If they agree time and time again to be paid back in BTC, then you'll have converts... For now, they just went along with it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give a second look to their wallets since parting ways with you.

I hope they do end up using it, though!
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:59:26 PM

They probably just think you are cheap for not paying for dinner  Cheesy
BitWinner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:02:06 PM

They probably just think you are cheap for not paying for dinner  Cheesy

That's what I thought too after reading... Haha.

Let's see if there's a future sequel to his post!
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:04:26 PM

Now if we each do this with 2 friends, and they in turn do it with 2 of their friends ...
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:12:06 PM

i rather just tease my friend's inner greed. Grin
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:57:50 PM

First I helped them set up a Blockchain.info wallet, sync with their phone, and sent them a few millibits. They said "That's cool, but what's the point?" Later when we went out to dinner and drinks, when it came time to pay the bill, I said "Sorry guys, I don't have enough cash. How about you cover me and I will settle with you in bitcoin?" They asked what they can do with bitcoin. I told them to go to Gyft.com and buy something from Amazon. "OK, fine." Two new bitcoin users.

That is great to hear not only did you get them interested but got them to use it that's progress. My face is permanently blue from trying to convince people and now with the recent news I have egg on it too. Your story made my day .

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:11:31 PM

A easier way would be to take your friend into a dark alley, grab their phone, and tell that they have to download a Bitcoin Wallet, or Else.

That method has a 99% success rate, assuming your friend isn't the FBI, a Drug Deler, a Police Officer, or involved in any type of law enforcement or illegal activities where they have to carry weapons for their own safety at the cost of others safety

(This post is sarcasm and I am not condoning that you do any of the above things mentioned or you may face a prison sentence so long, by the time you get out you'd have witnessed the Sun's final farewel. If you don't know what Sarcasm is google it, print out the definition, and stick it on your forehead for future reference)

PCE

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
sticktoit

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:56:10 PM

This is the way. we must find ways to pay for the dinner and drinks at the restaurant also. we must find a way for business to do transacts among each other.
less expensive and faster for everyone to use crypto.
BitcoinQTlol

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:58:57 PM

m99 them dexter style and drag them to a tattoo parlour...

get a private key tatted onto their arm and a public key and send them bitcoin

= ez way to get them to invest in bitcoin.
bitcoinangel

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:20:43 PM

^^^^ Greatness
Redtea

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:36:42 PM

Pure genius^^
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:45:21 PM

My friends still think the interenet is useless and they don't need it.. as every single one of them is on their smart phone all day...

That is actually the reason I got into Bitcoin and out of the Residential market..  My limited experience has been, if the public says it's a good idea to invest in something it is a horrible idea(houses, it's done me well but I forsee bad things.. bad bad bad things when they are referred to as bullion).  If the public thinks something is worthless, it's time to invest.
daviducsb

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:54:25 PM

My friends still think the interenet is useless and they don't need it.. as every single one of them is on their smart phone all day...

That is actually the reason I got into Bitcoin and out of the Residential market..  My limited experience has been, if the public says it's a good idea to invest in something it is a horrible idea(houses, it's done me well but I forsee bad things.. bad bad bad things when they are referred to as bullion).  If the public thinks something is worthless, it's time to invest.

My experience too when I was buying property in 2009.

The public at large doesn't like no brainers.

Nice job spreading the bitcoin love! Smiley
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

phase two would be to get that restaurant to accept bitcoins. then whn its time to pay, instead of saying you forgot your creditcard. you say to the waiter "ill be paying in bitcoins thanks" and let your friends see that bitcoins are not just about swapping fiat for bitcoin for a giftcard to then buy something priced in dollars. you need to get the waiter to say "that will be 0.08btc please"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:22:46 AM

Lol deceptive and yet honest way of converting people I love it and fully intend to mimic this thank you.

Deceptive honesty makes the world go around.   Cheesy

cooltoadfrommoon
Copper Member

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:41:50 AM

That is what i call a bitcoin enthusiast Smiley good job buddy!
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:55:01 AM

I have gotten about 10 or so of my friends into it and a couple businesses interested in taking it as well.  I think you just have to find out a little bit about them and what part of bitcoin can appeal to their senses.  For instance, if you are trying to convince a business owner vs a Libertarian vs a techno geek, or even an 'average joe', you'll have to talk very differently when "marketing" bitcoin to them so to speak.  Everyone can love bitcoin, you just have to appeal to them in the right way.

When talking to a Libertarian you can talk about, guns, gold, freedom and bitcoin, and how it fits right in there.
When talking to a business you can be like "When was the last time you felt your cc company was worth 3% of your businesses revenue?"
When talking to a geek, go Linux on their ass and talk about Open Source, and most importantly SHOW THEM HOW IT WORKS.  They'll love it!
When talking to an average Joe, just try and relate it to e-mail and other early internet technologies as much as you can, and keep the money part out of it until they try and weigh their misconceptions against what you just told them and what the media has told them.

But most importantly, don't push it on people.  Don't talk about how much money you've made (unless you are talking to the greedy peeps) because at the end of the day, we are all nerds, but we all see how revolutionary this technology is, much in the same way a religious evangelist thinks Christ is the only answer.  You have to tell people about it in a way that by the time you are done talking to them, they think it was their idea and volition that made them want to get bitcoin, and the fact that you chatted with them about it did not pressure their actions in any way.

So go out there, be cool, be yourself, because at the end of the day, people can tell who is genuine and as long as you are, people will gravitate towards you, and bitcoin.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: