Author Topic: Piracy  (Read 6557 times)
Serge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 05:41:07 PM

let me ask you a question:

would you copy a car, if you could? and all it took, was a little bandwidth. would you?

i said it earlier in the thread if pirates had ability to do same thing (taking/using/stealing/copying w/o permission) to tangibles like smartphones, cars and anything else, without repercussion they would do it in a heart-beat. you don't have to be Nostradamus to realize it.
would you do it? the question was not: "would I do it?", because i already know that answer.

i'll retract "pirates" from above comment.

most people would take something if it was free for taking, less people would do it illegally if they knew they could get away with it - and if others see that nothing bad happens to them more would join them in such activity.

if people were ending up in jail for copyright infringement, there would be significantly less piracy going on.  Since there are very little repercussions, a lot of people got used to the idea of free taking something that's not free and now feel self-entitled that world should hand them everything for free conveniently on the plate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 05:43:13 PM

let me ask you a question:

would you copy a car, if you could? and all it took, was a little bandwidth. would you?

i said it earlier in the thread if pirates had ability to do same thing (taking/using/stealing/copying w/o permission) to tangibles like smartphones, cars and anything else, without repercussion they would do it in a heart-beat. you don't have to be Nostradamus to realize it.
would you do it? the question was not: "would I do it?", because i already know that answer.

i'll retract "pirates" from above comment.

most people would take something if it was free for taking, less people would do it illegally if they knew they could get away with it - and if others see that nothing bad happens to them more would join them in such activity.

if people were ending up in jail for copyright infringement, there would be significantly less piracy going on.  Since there are very little repercussions, a lot of people got used to the idea of free taking something that's not free and now feel self-entitled that world should hand them everything for free conveniently on the plate.
in the case of the copied car, no one would lose anything.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 05:49:29 PM

if i set a price on a copy, i won't be happy you acquiring it for free and it is not legal. arguing copy doesn't hurt anyone is BS in this case - you don't agree to my terms you are free not to use it. looking for ways around it to use for free is simply wrong.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 05:53:59 PM

guys supporting piracy, go pirate open source all you want if you like free so much - i won't say a word.   don't use any copyrighted material if you have no desire to pay for it - it is not made for you.

add value to every "copy", you can't expect to sell worthless copies of your work for ever and get on with your life, we live in a finite world, trying to sell or barter infinite stuff for finite ones doesn't work, you're creating money out of nothing without cost !
yeah agree with you that the starting idea it's yours but try to sell worthless replicas ad infinitum... ppl are not stupid you know

internet it's living the post scarcity age, you can't mix our real material world with it, ever

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

if i set a price on a copy, i won't be happy you acquiring it for free and it is not legal. arguing copy doesn't hurt anyone is BS in this case - you don't agree to my terms you are free not to use it. looking for ways around it to use for free is simply wrong.
i have not signed any contract ever when i have buyed a cd. -> no terms apply.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:03:36 PM

guys supporting piracy, go pirate open source all you want if you like free so much - i won't say a word.   don't use any copyrighted material if you have no desire to pay for it - it is not made for you.

add value to every "copy", you can't expect to sell worthless copies of your work for ever and get on with your life, we live in a finite world, trying to sell or barter infinite stuff for finite ones doesn't work, you're creating money out of nothing without cost !
yeah agree with you that the starting idea it's yours but try to sell worthless replicas ad infinitum... ppl are not stupid you know

internet it's living the post scarcity age, you can't mix our real material world with it, ever

if a copy worthless to you why are you looking for it in the first place ? LOL
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:09:07 PM

If it's worthless, why are you getting so butthurt if someone takes it?

LOL  Grin

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:11:56 PM

i have not signed any contract ever when i have buyed a cd. -> no terms apply.

you bought copyrighted work and should know what you can and cannot do with it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

no one will give you right to distribute more copies though at the cost of a single CD, no one sane =)
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:13:47 PM

LOL  Grin

I DID NOT CLAIM WORTHLESS , ask another user why he goes to darknets for hunt of worthless in his view material.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 06:16:41 PM

LOL  Grin

worthless because everyone has the same thing, why bother paying you when when i can "borrow" from my family or friends. Add value to every copy and you will see ppl donate or pay to have them. I will never tell my mom, dad or brother to go buy it's own movie, mp3, ever.

You can't make me  Shocked

STFU with your "laws", find a way to monetize on your creations if you're so smart

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:16:48 PM

LOL  Grin

I DID NOT CLAIM WORTHLESS , ask another user why he goes to darknets for hunt of worthless in his view material.

Then if you think it's worth something, you should understand why people pirate it.

D-uhh

Grin

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:19:01 PM

LOL  Grin

worthless because everyone has the same thing, why bother paying you when when i can "borrow" from my family or friends. Add value to every copy and you will see ppl donate or pay to have them. I will never tell my mom, dad or brother to go buy it's own movie, mp3, ever. You can't make me  Shocked

try running real business with real expenses on donations. report back when succeeded.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 06:20:44 PM

LOL  Grin

worthless because everyone has the same thing, why bother paying you when when i can "borrow" from my family or friends. Add value to every copy and you will see ppl donate or pay to have them. I will never tell my mom, dad or brother to go buy it's own movie, mp3, ever. You can't make me  Shocked

try running real business with real expenses on donations. report back when succeeded.

i will and will try not to use our flawed banking system in the process, i will stick with bitcoin

Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:22:23 PM

LOL  Grin

Then if you think it's worth something, you should understand why people pirate it.

D-uhh

Grin

i understand fully why people steal stuff when there is a very little chance of being caught .  obviously not over worthless stuff, but something they can't afford while thinking they are entitled to have it for free
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 06:29:23 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2011, 06:48:42 PM by paraipan

LOL  Grin

D-uhh

Grin

i understand fully why people steal stuff when there is a very little chance of being caught .  obviously not over worthless stuff, but something they can't afford while thinking they are entitled to have it for free

carry on with your meaningless arguments, you could be on the establishment payroll if you ask me, tell your bosses they will never monetize on human communication like they did with on our physical work. You release your work to the public, we recognize you as the creator and will forever remember your name, get over with. If you actually make quality intellectual work everyone will send funds your way and be able to carry on with your work, that simple

Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:50:36 PM

LOL  Grin

D-uhh

Grin

carry on with your meaningless arguments, you could be on the establishment payroll if you ask me, tell your bosses they will never monetize on human communication like they did with on our physical work. You release your work to the public, we recognize you as the creator and will forever remember your name, get over with. If you actually make quality intellectual work everyone will send funds your way and be able to carry on with your work, that simple

communism works great on paper. good luck with it!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 06:54:14 PM

LOL  Grin

D-uhh

Grin

communism works great on paper

why you derail the topic ? all ppl are shit scared, indoctrinated, about communism to research on their own what was about anyway

Can you make o joke, sing a song or entertain us somehow ... ? maybe i will send some coins your way if you're good at it  Cheesy

Serge (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:56:30 PM

LOL  Grin

D-uhh

Grin

why you derail the topic ? all ppl are shit scared, indoctrinated, about communism to research on their own what was about anyway

Can you make o joke, sing a song or entertain us somehow ... ? maybe i will send some coins your way if you're good at it  Cheesy

unlike yours my life does not depend on donations

Quick get back on topic! those crazy police mods will ban us for life for a derailment!
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 06:58:55 PM

Can you make o joke, sing a song or entertain us somehow ... ?
If he does, can we make copies of the performance ?

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 06:59:38 PM

LOL  Grin

D-uhh

Grin

Can you make o joke, sing a song or entertain us somehow ... ? maybe i will send some coins your way if you're good at it  Cheesy

unlike yours my life does not depend on donations

then go, do what you're good at, and quit talking things you don't understand...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: