Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [WVSX] Waves X - Snapshot of Waves 5:1  (Read 24203 times)
DudeAtWork420

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:19:02 PM

Damn, what is going on exactly right now? a month ago, we were seeing XLM fork but failed. Two days ago someone announced so-called ETH fork and today we are seeing Waves fork.
this will create confusion, how about adding this to the title? some of us will think that Waves will have chain split as Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash did months ago.

[ANN] [WVSX] Waves X - Fork of Waves 5:1 to ANN] [WVSX] Waves X - Forked based on Waves Source 5:1

it explains that this project is created based on fork of Waves instead of chain split.

EDIT: why your website and bounty thread look exactly same like ETHCV? part of the team? same people?

We have nothing to do with the ETCV team.

But why you and them have same template and bounty design? Let's say you are not part of them and they are not part of you because you say so.
then tell me, how can you build the same website with the same template as they did? logically speaking, it is only possible if the creator is one and the template is free to use on the Internet. But free to use on the Internet is very unlikely, and the only option is the same creator.
how about it? care to explain to me, why?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:29:12 PM

Very interesting project. I am the holder of Waves tokens. Will I automatically receive a reward? DO I NEED WHERE TO BE RECEIVED?
Automatically receive if you hold Waves on local wallet or light web client.
Sounds good, I hold some waves too.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:31:02 PM

Damn, what is going on exactly right now? a month ago, we were seeing XLM fork but failed. Two days ago someone announced so-called ETH fork and today we are seeing Waves fork.
this will create confusion, how about adding this to the title? some of us will think that Waves will have chain split as Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash did months ago.

[ANN] [WVSX] Waves X - Fork of Waves 5:1 to ANN] [WVSX] Waves X - Forked based on Waves Source 5:1

it explains that this project is created based on fork of Waves instead of chain split.

EDIT: why your website and bounty thread look exactly same like ETHCV? part of the team? same people?

But why you and them have same template and bounty design? Let's say you are not part of them and they are not part of you because you say so.
then tell me, how can you build the same website with the same template as they did? logically speaking, it is only possible if the creator is one and the template is free to use on the Internet. But free to use on the Internet is very unlikely, and the only option is the same creator.

You have raised an interesting red flag. My additional question is: why would the team want to be anonymous? Waves' team is known, they don't need to hide. Why would this team want to hide while forking the project by a team which on the other side is fully transparent?
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:28:22 PM

If this is a fork, do i have to do antything special to get this coin as a current wave holder?
will you just send them to everyones waves wallet?
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:37:24 PM

Forks have been interesting a while ago but the buzz around them is declining. In most cases there is just no point in having another fork.
wavesx (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:17:02 AM

We figured out what the problem is - the main and bounty theme was designed by the same freelancer.
Notin2

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:39:48 AM

You have raised an interesting red flag. My additional question is: why would the team want to be anonymous? Waves' team is known, they don't need to hide. Why would this team want to hide while forking the project by a team which on the other side is fully transparent?

I ask same question about being anonymous by the team rather he cleverly use nakomoto as an example, if you are not privacy coin then why the need for anonymous? Waves founder is well known ( Sasha) and very transparent with all information regarding waves project. Waves is a reputable project hope you know that.
camargoherrera

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:59:47 AM

Bounty theme will be fixed in 1-2 hours.
Price depends on the market.
How long will payments be sent to participants after the end day in the mid of January?
Are there scenario in which participants won't get paid?
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:35:51 AM

Use to own some waves, participated in the ico back then, my first ico actually Grin was a fruitful investment i must confess, hodl more than a year before selling, for that reason am drawn to this project and am interested to see its progress, although couldn't find any information regarding dev or they want to stay anonymous.

Many successful projects have anonymous devs. Nakamoto example all)

Can you give another example after Satoshi Nakamoto ?
Because he is the first and last  Wink
I will support if the hard fork token but not if dev open ICO
Julia1992

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:20:41 AM

Something is confusing now! A lot of negative writing, and there are good reviews! While I do not draw any conclusions. I will be watching!

nullCoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1452

till 25.07

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:41:16 AM

if you fork, you will have to operate your own blockchain, when will your mainnet start? and how will you transfer the distributed wave assets from the waves blockchain to your own blockchain?
or did i miss something?
thank you.
wavesx (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:20:50 PM

if you fork, you will have to operate your own blockchain, when will your mainnet start? and how will you transfer the distributed wave assets from the waves blockchain to your own blockchain?
or did i miss something?
thank you.
Snapshot planned 17 January
Ohgreatanotherone

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:02:50 PM

We figured out what the problem is - the main and bounty theme was designed by the same freelancer.
What a totally, reassuring coincidence that both forks were randomly designed by the same freelancer. That guy sure knows how to pick em.
I'm pretty sure the same freelancer also told both projects to keep team profile/info in some darkroom too.
Thinking of forking something too. Pretty sure this rando will also wound up designing it for me

Ohgreatanotherone

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:05:44 PM

I ask same question about being anonymous by the team rather he cleverly use nakomoto as an example, if you are not privacy coin then why the need for anonymous? Waves founder is well known ( Sasha) and very transparent with all information regarding waves project. Waves is a reputable project hope you know that.
monero is privacy and the founder is known. Don't get where their logic is coming from. Waves been quietly developing and just when it reaches a turning point, out comes the forks. Same with ETH too. Ain't nothing but a cash grab. Ofc you could argue that it's not ICOing, but who's got the premine again?

camargoherrera

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 07:35:21 AM

Read the General Rules in the bounty thread. If the conditions aren't met, then there'll be no payments.
Immediately after Fork we'll start the distribution.
There are so many steps required, and strict rules, but I will apply to join and try satisfying all those requirements.
Good luck and big achievements with the fork.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:50:30 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2019, 01:52:56 PM by l8orre

silly scammers...

watch out everybody, most likely the 'wallets' will scoop your real WAVES out of your real wallets!

In the first section of this White Paper, we introduce the advantages of the “old” Waves
that are worthy of admiration and that will be preserved in Waves X, as well as provide a
detailed description of its major flaws. Among these are excessive decentralization, lack
of financial incentives, and limited smart contract functionality.

really?!?!? WAVES too decentralized ?!?!
and has major flaws ?!?!

Second, we are convinced that the reality of the Waves platform differs greatly from its
proclaimed goals and ideals: it is far less decentralized than what its management would
have the audience believe, wrought with security vulnerabilities, and limited in its
functionality.

ROFL!!!! now what is it?!? can't even get your sales talk straight?!?!

and if it is wrought with security vulnerabilities, and limited in its functionality, then why use it in the first place, you morons?

what the heck are you smoking, get your act together!

Now, quiet everybody in class! THIS IS A TOUGH QUESTION!

is it:

A: too decentralized
or
B: too centralized
??
only ONE answer, or you won't get a cookie!

by the way:

Q3-4 2018 Development of the Waves hard fork concept; building a development team
and attracting advisors

who are the devs?? and who are the advisors??
Ohgreatanotherone

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 01:19:46 PM

When "excessive decentralization" becomes a problem, it's time to start asking what that dealer sold you again.
WP is nothing but broad generalizations and contradictions. Nothing but a cheap-shot at building an empire built on pre-mined PnD

muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:47:53 AM

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am holding Waves in my Waves (web client) wallet. And I will get free x5 WavesX, it is ok?

And I wonder that when will you pass your mainnet completely? Or you will continue to with Waves Blockchain?
wavesx (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:00:01 PM

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am holding Waves in my Waves (web client) wallet. And I will get free x5 WavesX, it is ok?

And I wonder that when will you pass your mainnet completely? Or you will continue to with Waves Blockchain?

Right, Waves X have their own blockchain.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:08:12 PM

This waves x project got me kinda confused ,I don't know if its real or not and as a matter of fact I don't know why team decided to go anonymous and I have no reason not to believe you have something to do with ETCV ,looks like same people to me

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: