Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:54:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How activity is calculated for beginners  (Read 263 times)
Thiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:02:30 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2019, 10:51:04 PM by Thiggy01
Merited by petestheman (1)

As a beginner, I was curious about how activity works and made some research.
I found out that you can get your activity with this formula below:

Code:
activity = min(time*14, posts)
time is equal to each period of two weeks which you posted at least one time

This formula is composed basically of a min() function which returns the lowest value between the arguments.

For example, if you just registered and you posted 10 times in the first 2 weeks, you will have 10 points of activity, as seen in the formula below:

Code:
activity = min(1*14, 10) = 10

Now, if you posted 23 times in this period instead, your activity will be limited to just 14 points, according to the calculus below:

Code:
activity = min(1*14, 23) = 14

Therefore, we can see that the maximum activity we can have is 14,, being a completely unnecessary to post a lot of times to earn activity points. It is much better to invest in quality than quantity cause you have a greater chance to gain merit points from your hard work.

I hope you understand this simple math and if you have any question just comment below.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:06:50 PM

There is a stickied thread on this board that explains it just fine though?

It can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0

Yes but let us say you are a beginner and post 23 posts in the 1st period and 5 posts in the 2nd period. Once the second period is complete, your activity will go up to 28. I
Will it? I thought that wasnt the case and it was lost once the new period came in?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:07:53 PM

Yes but let us say you are a beginner and post 23 posts in the 1st period and 5 posts in the 2nd period. Once the second period is complete, your activity will go up to 28. I personally have over 4000 posts. At this point, for every period that I make even one additional posts, my activity will go up by 14 points for that period.
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:51:39 PM

Will it? I thought that wasnt the case and it was lost once the new period came in?
If you have 1 activity in a period, you can get 14 activity for that whenever you wish.
For example, you have 4 posts in 4 activity period. In the 4th activity period, you have posted a lot. You will get a total of 4*14=56 activity.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:56:46 AM

Wow!!!
This is a New Information Smiley We didn't even know that!
Good catch mate! Cool

Nice Try Buddy.
I hope you'll just forget about posting and stayed focus on reading though there isn't some thing wrong on your post but it was already made back then numerous times before Smiley
Cool

boysthanos12

Activity: 34
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:50:30 AM

Wow!!!
This is a New Information Smiley We didn't even know that!
It is a brand new topic that no one discussed that information. This really help the OP to understand more. New year and this is the right, fresh and new information to be shared.  Cheesy Grin Gotta study this one Cheesy
S_Therapist

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:20:46 AM

It is a brand new topic that no one discussed that information.
This is neither a brand new topic nor it was not discussed. It was discussed couple of times. Can't remember where I have seen though. LoyceV can tell us perhaps since he is our Mr. Robot (copied from suchmoon).

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:17:33 AM

It is a brand new topic that no one discussed that information.
This is neither a brand new topic nor it was not discussed. It was discussed couple of times. Can't remember where I have seen though. LoyceV can tell us perhaps since he is our Mr. Robot (copied from suchmoon).

And there it goes, another Noob will come out from the darkness, and then another Junior will be born for the sake of mistakes.
People nowadays doesn't have the power of ignore as consideration.
As Vod said:
Ok, I think that was a cheap trick to get extra merits...    Tongue
Alone055

Activity: 1035
Merit: 200

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 12:56:35 PM

Yes but let us say you are a beginner and post 23 posts in the 1st period and 5 posts in the 2nd period. Once the second period is complete, your activity will go up to 28. I

It is lost only if you have missed an activity period (2 weeks) and haven't posted even once in that period. In that case, none of the extra posts made in the previous activity period are counted and you will not get any activity for the 2 week you have missed in between no matter how many posts you make in the new period after the one you missed. Otherwise, if you even make 1 post in that period, your account is assigned 14 activity points to be claimed any time in future by posting.

Can't remember where I have seen though. LoyceV can tell us perhaps since he is our Mr. Robot (copied from suchmoon).

Don't be dependent on anyone. It is not so difficult to find something that has been discussed by the forum officials themselves. Here, I did it for you:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.msg2513302#msg2513302

S_Therapist

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:39:11 PM

Don't be dependent on anyone. It is not so difficult to find something that has been discussed by the forum officials themselves. Here, I did it for you:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.msg2513302#msg2513302
Man, it's easy to find out this kind of thread. I was talking about a thread which was created by a title like "Merit Abuse" because there are some users with little post and huge merits. From that thread, I have learnt that you can have 14 activities if you made one post in a period. Hope you got what I meant.

Exchase
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:09:45 PM

People nowadays doesn't have the power of ignore as consideration.
As Vod said:
Ok, I think that was a cheap trick to get extra merits...    Tongue
Or, that wasn't a cheap trick but was agreed before to create a "useful" topic in meta with technical stuff in and someone can merit it "accidentally" because it was looking so useful, and haven't noticed that it was just merit fishing...
MOBbrothers
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 05:04:30 PM

Nice Job. you have it correct. it was Not clear to me until i consult My Excel sheet to get the formula. You did well.
Thiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:59:40 PM

Thank you all for your comments.

I just wanted to explain the math involved for newbies like me.

I'm glad that people now understand how activity works.

Sorry, but I didn't find any explanation of this formula the way i posted  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: