Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Hodling Coins!!!  (Read 26601 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:37:56 PM

I, personally believe on holding system most specially if the tokens I hold is the right one. There are shitcoins that can possibly lead you into devastating ending.
I just wonder how you are trusting tokens for long term holding. This is highly dangerous if you believe into a random thing because as per many veteran people of this forum bitcoin kind of highly reputed assets alone good for long term holding. Even some coins and tokens are seeming promising but anything might happen because we cannot depending on a team of dev to be  continuously developing those coins/tokens. I mean to say most of the coins and tokens are not working as per the decentralized concepts but bitcoin alone works as per the consensus to make any changes/upgrades.

Shitcoin doesn't have any good chance to recover again. They are the dead coins that hopeless forever. Hold the right coins and trade when the perfect time comes.
I suspect most of the new coins and token will become shitcoin over the time. If you go for analyzing by the year of 2013/2014, lot of new altcoins had been created after bitcoin hit $1200 but 99% of them not surviving till now. This is just an example what is going to happen to the most of the currently existing tokens. Because, after a heavy dumping most of the devs are not preferring to continue with a project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 12:52:31 PM

Trading is far riskier than holding and most times doesn't produce the great profits you claim to make. You can never predict if the market will go up or down so daily trading will most likely leave you in a debt rather than huge profits.
Holding is more strategic, hold and take  some percentage of profit at specific targets

dmzworld
Copper Member

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 06:47:18 PM

Just because you do this and succeeding in doing doesn't mean everyone should start daily trading and not to hodl again. No. Even 5% daily profit on Bitcoin cannot be guaranteed on a regular basis. Also, be reminded that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion when it comes to cryptocurrency investments since the future (weather short or long) is hardly predictable.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 07:36:00 PM

Just because you do this and succeeding in doing doesn't mean everyone should start daily trading and not to hodl again. No. Even 5% daily profit on Bitcoin cannot be guaranteed on a regular basis. Also, be reminded that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion when it comes to cryptocurrency investments since the future (weather short or long) is hardly predictable.
Many users of cryptocurrency often say that the market situation will greatly affect the development of my projects, which will cause the real death of many coins. In addition, the majority of altcoin does not have a final product. And this also strongly disturbs those who hold a lot of coins in their portfolios.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:10:15 PM

And if that should be the case who will buy what you are selling when there is no one will to hold, i belive holders are the ones who buy more than those trading it. So when everyone start selling who will buy exchange right?
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:14:04 PM

Sometimes, i just wonder if it is really still still possible to hold coins for long term and then still make reasonable profit, because sometimes, if the coin itself does not plunge, it might be affected by the general market situation.
That not withstanding, it is still profitable to hold, but you must keep yourself updated with the trend of things, that will help you in your decision making.
kristensoto

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:16:58 PM

Yes you might think this is crazy but the truth is, you are prone to more risk and uncertainties when you hold. All the price instability is actually sustaining with you holding.

The rule of when the price is moving someone is actually gaining or loosing has more effect on those holding coin.

Over the years I have noticed that trading is still the best! Am gonna share a secret with you.

I make 5% daily profit buying and selling, how do I trade?. I buy Bitcoin with cash and sell 5% higher. I do this daily some times I make more when am able to by the coin cheaper than normal.

In 20days of intensive trading, I make 100% profit. Well, am not very rich because I only like to trade with small funds and I do this to take care of my immediate expenses daily so I don't touch my salary at all cos profits from trades takes care if all these.

Comparing to when you hold, Bitcoin cannot rise above 100% in 20days!!! Forget old days rate, today is reality!

Stop holding coins for years months, that's a lazy and ignorant way to invest.

There are lots of ways you can trade, just find a comfortable trade platform with a very very reliable Escrow service and trade to only trusted people.

Thanks, remain safe.

you are right, holding an token even Bitcoin for too long may bring us huge losses, the rules when we trade is just a little lost above 5% of our altcoins losses then we should sell to USDT already, however, if a long term holders, they can suffer huge losses if they sell too slow or even riskier if the sell when at a panic mental, so cut losses as soon as we think we may get too much loss in the future.

Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:30:11 PM

And if that should be the case who will buy what you are selling when there is no one will to hold, i belive holders are the ones who buy more than those trading it. So when everyone start selling who will buy exchange right?
Liquidity is main reason why panic selling crashs prices in blink of eye. Panic sellers want to grab best possible buy orders before it was too late. Buyers are there but main question is about price which you want to agree with them.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:20:51 PM

There are so many dead shitcoins in the crypto space. As a matter of fact most of these coins have almost turned to have $0 value. So there is no use holding them.
That does not nullify the fact that good coins are in existence and are worth holding, depending on whether it is a short term holding you are considering, or a long term hold.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:03:27 AM

Everyone's investment method is different, valuable project tokens, long-term holdings, the profits may be the highest.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 05:33:40 AM

You are right but holding also have a good impact in gaining profit , daily trading is cool but having time to trade is some issue and some don't know how to read the market in other to know when to stop but prefer buying low now and hold till it turn out to be huge as they have other mix to get money too , I do trade on medium time by selecting some coin that I believe are good and can't just go down of turn to be scam and selling high then buy back with some profit or to get more coin which increase number of my coin and in other way increase my profit with little time.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:03:53 AM

Holding coins or tokens that are still new of course are very risky, I recommend to hold coins that already have a good reputation such as bitcoin, Litecin, Ethereum, NEO and so on.
Maady
Copper Member

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:30:02 AM

I am sure that many have accepted this lesson in 2018, now everyone is trying to sell coins as early as possible, because it is not known how long the market correction will last, and this gives an additional effect of recession.

I learned this lesson in very hard way. lol

The truth is it that holding is the most sfaest strategy, you can´t miss the train when bulls come. Every time whn I want to speculate, price goes against me.
If you do not trust me, try it on yourself Wink.
Only if you bought those coin during -Dumping bags competition- if yes then its safest strategy.  Cool
TVTVI

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:52:23 AM

We know, practice makes perfect. If we trade daily or occasionally then we can learn more. But !! it's not for newbies or unexpert traders. I think it's too risky then Holding. I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying there are need experience and knowledge to do that.

Holding coins will need the patient to wait for a while, and not all people have the patience. It is easy to say about the patience, but it's hard to do, and sometimes I feel I can hold my patient and want to sell the coins. But after that, I check on the last price and trying to place my coin amount, I see it's not good enough for me to accept the loss and it makes me realize that I really need to be patient.
I think hodl has both advantages and disadvantages so in the current situation, the stop hodling and sell-offs will make the market lower. But hodl makes you lose money and wear out patience. Trader is too strange and risky for the amateur. It is too difficult to choose.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:58:52 AM

We know, practice makes perfect. If we trade daily or occasionally then we can learn more. But !! it's not for newbies or unexpert traders. I think it's too risky then Holding. I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying there are need experience and knowledge to do that.

Holding coins will need the patient to wait for a while, and not all people have the patience. It is easy to say about the patience, but it's hard to do, and sometimes I feel I can hold my patient and want to sell the coins. But after that, I check on the last price and trying to place my coin amount, I see it's not good enough for me to accept the loss and it makes me realize that I really need to be patient.
I think hodl has both advantages and disadvantages so in the current situation, the stop hodling and sell-offs will make the market lower. But hodl makes you lose money and wear out patience. Trader is too strange and risky for the amateur. It is too difficult to choose.
selling not always be bad decision for us.sometimes its very effective to avoid more loss if still hold our cryptocurrency assets.market recovery will take very long time.and maybe we could as this patience.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
corrado25

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:00:25 AM

I disagree with the author. So trading is good but hold also gives good results.For example TRX i made not bad profit two days agod but i hold him a long time and during this time I doubt that the author of this post would have earned more simply by trading TRX. I made x2 in TRX just hold it !

Averaged

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:45:07 AM

I will keep holding some no significant positions and leave it grow or crash. If this turns into a zero, I will not be very upset.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 07:15:02 AM

Since you already bought at high price, it is better to wait and let the prices recover. Also, most of the alt coins will just follow the trend of bitcoin so it will not make much of difference.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:48:33 AM

I've tried daily trading, investment, bounty and airdrop and so far, my biggest profit comes from investment (holding). I don't have specific time in holding my coins. As long as it reach my target, i'll sell it. I know that daily trading is the best way to get profit in any kind of situation if people mastering it but not anyybody can do that well.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:13:23 AM

I disagree with the author. So trading is good but hold also gives good results.For example TRX i made not bad profit two days agod but i hold him a long time and during this time I doubt that the author of this post would have earned more simply by trading TRX. I made x2 in TRX just hold it !

Yeah, I think he should think again, but a good project will raise prices in the future and it is worth it to hold. As TRX has risen due to the rise in price, it seems to have increased after the BitTorrent token (BTT) launch. It is the private electronic money of the BitTorrent protocol, the popular torrent file sharing platform Tron owned last year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: