Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are dead! Yeah I mean DEAD!!!!  (Read 26141 times)
MonkeySlapFest

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:39:25 PM

ICO's will thrive again in the next bull run

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:39:26 PM

at the moment yes they are dead but trust my experience if investors return to the market everything will come to life again
2018 was a bad year for the market in general and for ICO in particular. Hopefully in 2019 there will be more investors come back and the market will recover.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Agutin

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:42:20 PM

All these examples are just excuses for new projects that could not raise enough money. but I think some projects have true statements.
I agree, before any shit, I collected money. Now they are collecting only truly worthy projects.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:44:14 PM

Here's what I really don't like about ICOs and why they're dead to me:

1. "After ICO, the token's rate would be $X.XX per coin/token"

Excuse me? Really? Yeah we know the hype, right? Been there already. Most ICOs don't live up to their promise that their rate in exchanges would be that high amount. For example, there's an ICO whose token is worth $0.01 and claims that when it hits exchanges, they will be worth at least $0.20. But hell no!!! The reality is that when it hits exchanges, the rates are way below the ICO price!

So ICOs, don't make promises you can't keep, especially claiming that the amount will be huge when it hits exchanges coz' it mostly likely not gonna happen. Sad reality. Nothing but hype!

2. "We're pausing the campaign until further notice"

What kind of f***ing excuse is that? I know most of their fucking delay strategies just to let their community think that they should trust them no matter what. They keep motivating them on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter or so, but in the end, they would silently abandon their project without announcing to the public. Worst of all, they're taking the investors' money away and hide in their private luxurious islands, yachts or so. Bear market? Naaahhh not a valid excuse you morons! You're just using that term to your advantage just to make the community believe in you until you silently run away with our hard-earned funds!

3. "We're focusing on the project's development before we hit exchanges."

Sorry to say that the truth is that they're doing that because of not having enough money to list in exchanges. Whaaaaaat? I can say that it's one of the worst, worst, worst, worst, worst excuses that ICOs are addressing their respective communities. F*** there are some exchanges that are free to get listed such as IDEX, MetaMorph Pro or so, and you can't even have time for the token to get listed? I don't have a f***ing problem when it comes to project development. However, just don't say that you can't get listed in an exchange which is fucking easy on the free ones.

4. "Tokens will be locked for a certain period of time to avoid mass dumping."

For me, this is not fucking true at all. Even if you do that, the market would still be dumping. I've experienced that with a couple of tokens (Seal and Gamestars). As I remembered, Seal locked our tokens for 6 months to avoid dumping. However, after 6 months, when they unlocked it, the price already dumped too hard. The same thing with Gamestars, in which they're giving tokens to bounty hunters batch by batch for like every 3-4 days. The sad reality is that this strategy is old and won't work anymore.

I don't know if you guys felt the same way like I do towards s***ty ICOs! Therefore, I can say that ICOs are a thing in the past. I would root for STOs this time, because they're regulated.

That is the reality, bubble burts. People realize that there are no free money and that not every coin could go to the moon, now they are more careful with the investment. Less money for ICOs, less progress.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:57:12 PM

I am afraid that we soon loose the opportunity to join bounty campaigns. As soon as ICOs will become unpopular and investors will stop investing into this asset.
I hope that bull run will come soon and everything will change.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Sova_tmb

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:59:14 PM

Ico is not dead , quanitity ico very reduce on bear market, probably when market will be grow ico also be active.
thinkme1st

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 08:14:50 PM

All these excuses are because of the unsuccessful ICOs in most cases. They simply don't get funds according to their plans and that's why token price is also below crowdsale price after hitting exchanges. Let's hope 2019 brings positive changes to the Crypto market.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:24:59 PM

ICOs won't die, they have the firepower to live, and yes it is frustrating when ICOs PAUSE or even just make this an excuse on getting away with their participants' profits, I see a lot of ICOs do this kind of scheme but not all, there are ICOs out there that can be reliable and trusted, and because of this I don't think that ICOs will die.
cjie

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:35:09 PM

Excuse me? Really? Yeah we know the hype, right? Been there already. Most ICOs don't live up to their promise that their rate in exchanges would be that high amount. For example, there's an ICO whose token is worth $0.01 and claims that when it hits exchanges, they will be worth at least $0.20. But hell no!!! The reality is that when it hits exchanges, the rates are way below the ICO price!

So ICOs, don't make promises you can't keep, especially claiming that the amount will be huge when it hits exchanges coz' it mostly likely not gonna happen. Sad reality. Nothing but hype!

What kind of f***ing excuse is that? I know most of their fucking delay strategies just to let their community think that they should trust them no matter what. They keep motivating them on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter or so, but in the end, they would silently abandon their project without announcing to the public. Worst of all, they're taking the investors' money away and hide in their private luxurious islands, yachts or so. Bear market? Naaahhh not a valid excuse you morons! You're just using that term to your advantage just to make the community believe in you until you silently run away with our hard-earned funds!

Sorry to say that the truth is that they're doing that because of not having enough money to list in exchanges. Whaaaaaat? I can say that it's one of the worst, worst, worst, worst, worst excuses that ICOs are addressing their respective communities. F*** there are some exchanges that are free to get listed such as IDEX, MetaMorph Pro or so, and you can't even have time for the token to get listed? I don't have a f***ing problem when it comes to project development. However, just don't say that you can't get listed in an exchange which is fucking easy on the free ones.

For me, this is not fucking true at all. Even if you do that, the market would still be dumping. I've experienced that with a couple of tokens (Seal and Gamestars). As I remembered, Seal locked our tokens for 6 months to avoid dumping. However, after 6 months, when they unlocked it, the price already dumped too hard. The same thing with Gamestars, in which they're giving tokens to bounty hunters batch by batch for like every 3-4 days. The sad reality is that this strategy is old and won't work anymore.

I don't know if you guys felt the same way like I do towards s***ty ICOs! Therefore, I can say that ICOs are a thing in the past. I would root for STOs this time, because they're regulated.

That is the reality, bubble burts. People realize that there are no free money and that not every coin could go to the moon, now they are more careful with the investment. Less money for ICOs, less progress.
Almost all the ICO of nowadays go below their ICO when launched in the exchange. There is nothing appoint other than this. Investors are alway track by this.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:15:05 AM

ICOs won't die, they have the firepower to live, and yes it is frustrating when ICOs PAUSE or even just make this an excuse on getting away with their participants' profits, I see a lot of ICOs do this kind of scheme but not all, there are ICOs out there that can be reliable and trusted, and because of this I don't think that ICOs will die.
Nothing will loss to people who want to start an ICO, if they won't raise money then would be alright with them.
The risk are on investors, but these people with brilliant idea will not give up on the market, they will still run an ICO regardless of the outcome and if investors are smart, they will see the potential of the project being launch, and they will invest.

We may have a declining no. of ICO but this will change soon.
sorrros

Activity: 954

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:48:28 AM

Almost all the ICO of nowadays go below their ICO when launched in the exchange. There is nothing appoint other than this. Investors are alway track by this.
There is one way how to fight with it! Buy back tokens by ICO creators with money they raised. They will buy coins from those people who not believe in the project and it will cause another price growth (FOMO effect).

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:57:25 AM

Not every ICO is fake or dead. Only 1% of the IOCs are not as much as perfect and emerging project that could sustain longer so, these ICO become demand less hence the coin go dead or not in use. If you go dated back to the three years back Ethereum came by this route of ICO and see today what the demand for this coin and everyday the trading volume is increasing. In the last bull of 2017 the ETH price was touched more than $3000. So, now the bear market is running hence the after finish of ICO the market situation is reflected in the particular coin. So, do not loose faith upon the ICOs.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:59:51 AM

Nothing will loss to people who want to start an ICO, if they won't raise money then would be alright with them.
The risk are on investors, but these people with brilliant idea will not give up on the market, they will still run an ICO regardless of the outcome and if investors are smart, they will see the potential of the project being launch, and they will invest.

We may have a declining no. of ICO but this will change soon.

only investors alone ? What about bounty hunters ? They also loose here because most of the times they are not being paid by an ico or a bounty campaign .

Ico arent also declining or dying but actually there are more growing and multiplying despite the scammings and market condition .  they didnt care for these factors because they think only about the profit . if they fool some inoscent people  to join their club  .We must need a new rule on this forum in regards to ico and bounty start ups .  so that we can somehow minimize the risks  .
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:03:36 PM

at the moment yes they are dead but trust my experience if investors return to the market everything will come to life again
2018 was a bad year for the market in general and for ICO in particular. Hopefully in 2019 there will be more investors come back and the market will recover.
How can investors return to investing in ICO if there are too many scams. Of course it cannot happen, if there is a rule that can protect investors' interests, it is likely that it will help the market ico recover.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:08:21 PM

I come to the same conclusion. Although I have not been here for a long time, I already see many problems. The first open problem. I see people leaving this forum. Why do they leave him? Because ICO No longer makes a profit for both investors and the hunter. I think this is the last year of the industry.

All of this negativity about ICOs are just the effects of the downfall of the crypto market. Yeah I knew some were performing good during the bearish but they were waiting for market recovery before get on exchanges. I'm still optimistic that this bad market will end this year and those ICOs will be back on track to fulfill their projects in cryptocurrency.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:30:15 PM

ICOs are not dead. The down market last year only helped us to realized that opportunists take advantage of huge money involve in ICOs are not good. Year 2018 helped us to filter the list and continuing to reject those nos-sense projects.
Ranly123

Activity: 952

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:36:48 PM

All these examples are just excuses for new projects that could not raise enough money. but I think some projects have true statements.

That's right, not all ICO are fake. There are some which offer their project to have a real usage and has a real working platforms. We just not generalize ICO as scam or fake so that people will not think of it as dead.

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:45:39 PM

I agree that these excuses makes me disappoint, but not all ICO's are dead I believe that there are some ICOs are good hopefully this year will be more good ICOs.

bitgolden
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1128

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:15:45 PM

People think bitcointalk is the only place these companies focus on and when they don't see it they think they are gone but ICOs are smarter now and getting funding from even companies at this stage. While yes last year around this time ICOs collected about 2 billion dollars a month it has dropped to about 300 million dollars instead, it is still very much going on.
But, this forum is the major platform for most of the crypto related stuff and no once could ignore that. When ICOs are not gaining good reputation from here then I believe they might be ruining their future on themselves. As per many people's opinion, ICOs are no more preferred method for multiplying your money.

yes some of them are really frauds but do not mistake the incompetently run bankrupt ones with fraud ones, they are vastly different.
But, we cannot differentiate them by where the actual problem and what causes them to get failed. From a common investors, all are same just because they did not keep their words up. That's all.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:22:38 PM

I believe that ICO is not dead, just people have learned to distinguish Scams from a good project. If the project is strong and interesting, it will be invested and it will bring profit when listing. The problem is that 80% of the ICO initially SCAM.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: