Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are dead! Yeah I mean DEAD!!!!  (Read 26141 times)
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:50:50 PM

It is a very bad thing to know, but unfortunately, it is true. Well, we can see how the price of ICOs after in the market always drops drastically. We can say that most of ICOs are collapsing after on the market. However, some good ICOs will be able to survive and then after one or two years at least, they can grow and increase for better price.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:53:59 PM

Yes, things today with ICO are not as good as we would like, but still today there are really cool opportunities to start working on destroying scam projects. I think this is a big deal, but here you need to motivate people to do it.
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:21:54 PM

ico is not dead yet, there are projects that are worth paying attention to, and many people have begun to better recognize scammers
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:27:45 PM

Yes, these are all developer tricks. When I see such excuses, I forget about such projects forever. They have no chance. At the moment, half of the projects from TOP-100 do not have a normal useful product for society. The time of hype is still not over. This is a wild market.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:30:52 PM

Here's what I really don't like about ICOs and why they're dead to me:

1. "After ICO, the token's rate would be $X.XX per coin/token"

Excuse me? Really? Yeah we know the hype, right? Been there already. Most ICOs don't live up to their promise that their rate in exchanges would be that high amount. For example, there's an ICO whose token is worth $0.01 and claims that when it hits exchanges, they will be worth at least $0.20. But hell no!!! The reality is that when it hits exchanges, the rates are way below the ICO price!

So ICOs, don't make promises you can't keep, especially claiming that the amount will be huge when it hits exchanges coz' it mostly likely not gonna happen. Sad reality. Nothing but hype!

2. "We're pausing the campaign until further notice"

What kind of f***ing excuse is that? I know most of their fucking delay strategies just to let their community think that they should trust them no matter what. They keep motivating them on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter or so, but in the end, they would silently abandon their project without announcing to the public. Worst of all, they're taking the investors' money away and hide in their private luxurious islands, yachts or so. Bear market? Naaahhh not a valid excuse you morons! You're just using that term to your advantage just to make the community believe in you until you silently run away with our hard-earned funds!

3. "We're focusing on the project's development before we hit exchanges."

Sorry to say that the truth is that they're doing that because of not having enough money to list in exchanges. Whaaaaaat? I can say that it's one of the worst, worst, worst, worst, worst excuses that ICOs are addressing their respective communities. F*** there are some exchanges that are free to get listed such as IDEX, MetaMorph Pro or so, and you can't even have time for the token to get listed? I don't have a f***ing problem when it comes to project development. However, just don't say that you can't get listed in an exchange which is fucking easy on the free ones.

4. "Tokens will be locked for a certain period of time to avoid mass dumping."

For me, this is not fucking true at all. Even if you do that, the market would still be dumping. I've experienced that with a couple of tokens (Seal and Gamestars). As I remembered, Seal locked our tokens for 6 months to avoid dumping. However, after 6 months, when they unlocked it, the price already dumped too hard. The same thing with Gamestars, in which they're giving tokens to bounty hunters batch by batch for like every 3-4 days. The sad reality is that this strategy is old and won't work anymore.

I don't know if you guys felt the same way like I do towards s***ty ICOs! Therefore, I can say that ICOs are a thing in the past. I would root for STOs this time, because they're regulated.
I found this topic interesting yet I don't agree on some statements.
For #1, once a project promises that their token would price at a certain amount upon listing, then that should be your sign not to inveat on it because it is always not true. If you fall on this trap, then you also have a fault on it.
For #2,  I also hate it.
For #3, There may be free exchanges but hat we mostly need are good exchange like binance which, as far as I know, has a high liating fee too. It doesn't also help if you just list it anywhere where the listing fee is free but the volume is too low.
For #4, it also doesn't make sense to me. It is still the same thing. After unlocking, everyone will then  dump and much worse when it happens during a bera market

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
btlzpr

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:04:26 AM

I don't know if you guys felt the same way like I do towards s***ty ICOs! Therefore, I can say that ICOs are a thing in the past. I would root for STOs this time, because they're regulated.
I couldn't agree more, the reason you listed about you don't like ICOS is what I think. In my opinion, the rhetoric (excuses) of these ICO teams is simply a bunch of shit, and now these excuses are outdated.
For STO, it is not common now. I can't say for sure whether this will be better than ICO. At least STO is regulated by law, but you have to believe that any law will still have loopholes and may be used by STO scammer.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:07:53 AM

I couldn't agree more, the reason you listed about you don't like ICOS is what I think. In my opinion, the rhetoric (excuses) of these ICO teams is simply a bunch of shit, and now these excuses are outdated.
For STO, it is not common now. I can't say for sure whether this will be better than ICO. At least STO is regulated by law, but you have to believe that any law will still have loopholes and may be used by STO scammer.
Maybe STO is a bit better than ICO, there will be laws to join and protect participants. I have not seen any projects that are actually using STO to raise capital, it is too vague and difficult to use STO

reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:10:07 AM

Excuse me? Really? Yeah we know the hype, right? Been there already. Most ICOs don't live up to their promise that their rate in exchanges would be that high amount. For example, there's an ICO whose token is worth $0.01 and claims that when it hits exchanges, they will be worth at least $0.20. But hell no!!! The reality is that when it hits exchanges, the rates are way below the ICO price!

So ICOs, don't make promises you can't keep, especially claiming that the amount will be huge when it hits exchanges coz' it mostly likely not gonna happen. Sad reality. Nothing but hype!

2. "We're pausing the campaign until further notice"

What kind of f***ing excuse is that? I know most of their fucking delay strategies just to let their community think that they should trust them no matter what. They keep motivating them on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter or so, but in the end, they would silently abandon their project without announcing to the public. Worst of all, they're taking the investors' money away and hide in their private luxurious islands, yachts or so. Bear market? Naaahhh not a valid excuse you morons! You're just using that term to your advantage just to make the community believe in you until you silently run away with our hard-earned funds!

3. "We're focusing on the project's development before we hit exchanges."

Sorry to say that the truth is that they're doing that because of not having enough money to list in exchanges. Whaaaaaat? I can say that it's one of the worst, worst, worst, worst, worst excuses that ICOs are addressing their respective communities. F*** there are some exchanges that are free to get listed such as IDEX, MetaMorph Pro or so, and you can't even have time for the token to get listed? I don't have a f***ing problem when it comes to project development. However, just don't say that you can't get listed in an exchange which is fucking easy on the free ones.

4. "Tokens will be locked for a certain period of time to avoid mass dumping."

For me, this is not fucking true at all. Even if you do that, the market would still be dumping. I've experienced that with a couple of tokens (Seal and Gamestars). As I remembered, Seal locked our tokens for 6 months to avoid dumping. However, after 6 months, when they unlocked it, the price already dumped too hard. The same thing with Gamestars, in which they're giving tokens to bounty hunters batch by batch for like every 3-4 days. The sad reality is that this strategy is old and won't work anymore.

I almost feel bad for people losing their time in this. In today's world it is so easy to manipulate people.
It happened too many times.
But indeed ICOs are almost dead, good news.

Just look at the number of pages daily on this forum, it has decreased since the start of year 2018. Less and less people fall for these fishy ICOs.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 08:23:40 AM

ICO is still a good thing to run and can give you good thing. However, it is when compared to the previous time then ICO first more visible both from at the moment. of course, this does not also loose-leaf current ICO from gets worse because of a lot of scams. In addition, the quality of the project there is pretty bad and there are only a few that felt good to follow.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Coinmyjob

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:31:10 AM

I am now interested to ask, why do we need additional tokens on the market now? Is it possible that everyone lacks such a quantity that there is for choosing. Yes, and most of them are just clones and do not carry any innovations, so you need to reduce the investment in them.

elzjmirra

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:41:14 AM

I don't think ICO is dead because I personally can still get a good ICO project until now. And it's just that with the decline in Bitcoin prices it has a tremendous impact on Altcoin. Many ICOs failed and ICO coins did not immediately enter the exchange market. In choosing ICO you must be smart and careful.
samlaode

Activity: 674
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:52:55 AM

This idea I think depends on whether the crypto market is good or bad will affect the ICOS campaign. This happened in 2018 some of the campaigns became unsuccessful. Because they have a lot of money, they still get over difficulty when the crypto become bad. I hope the ICOS campaign will be good in 2019.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:32:45 AM

for me, icos are not quite dead, but close to it. i also know the excuses from the list and have heard them already. but there are still some good projects that do what they promise.
chuoinguyen227

Activity: 169

Vite

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:07:35 PM

I have been a bounty hunter for almost 2 years. What you said above is absolutely right. I participated in a 5-month project and had to wait another 3 months for calculating and distributing rewards. But in the end they still lacked payment. Its value is thousands of times lower than the price of ICOs. (From $ 1 to $ 0.00x). I wasted 8 months to receive nothing.  Cry

⚫     ViteX    
|     Exchange By The Community,For The Community     |
Bitcointalk  DEX  |  Website  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:03:18 PM

I agree all your points, that's not important the project success raised funds or not, all of the lost a lot of value from their ICO price, most of them said that current focus on project development and token price will increase later. But when my investment funds from $3000 become $30, did they know our feeling? I don't think ICO are dead, but we need to find out potential project to gain profit.

Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:06:23 PM

I guess you are ranting because you haven't  made a lot from ico. No doubt we've had scam ICOs, still legit ICOs came through. The hype Has only gone down but you can't really declare them dead.  

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
goolesby

Activity: 574

Gistcoin

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:09:36 PM

To see the truth, yeah, it is happening. Unfortunately, we can find many ICOs are failed and dead during 2018. They cannot reach its softcap, they cannot maintain their price on the market and then down  and very dropped, they cannot control how the coins will be in the future. But, I'm sure that there are also still many ICOs that are legit, with the great team, maintain to make their coins survive.

Williams_Leo

Activity: 207
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:39:00 PM

I guess you are ranting because you haven't  made a lot from ico. No doubt we've had scam ICOs, still legit ICOs came through. The hype Has only gone down but you can't really declare them dead.  
Legitimate ICOs are hurt by reputation ICOs, and many legitimate ICOs have failed to raise capital, which makes me feel most sorry for them in 2018. In 2019 I think There will still be new ICOs to appear, but they will not receive interest from the community

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:06:47 PM

Failure of ICOs to reach their set targets is not only down to the project not being good enough, but also for the fact that good project or bad a lot of investors are noobs and don't understand the a lot of tech talk.
So most investors just wants to wait  out the bad market condition since they can still buy into the coin when the market is better.

Gilliffyn

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:16:23 PM

Failure of ICOs to reach their set targets is not only down to the project not being good enough, but also for the fact that good project or bad a lot of investors are noobs and don't understand the a lot of tech talk.
So most investors just wants to wait  out the bad market condition since they can still buy into the coin when the market is better.
I agree now, many investors are watching each other and see that many do not invest , I think when Ethereum and bitcoin will go up and the ico market will also go

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: