Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:54:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are dead! Yeah I mean DEAD!!!!  (Read 26141 times)
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 08:10:56 AM

I think the ICO is not dead. just find a decent to follow ICO is not an easy thing to do. many of the ICO fails arose and this certainly makes investors becoming increasingly bosa. plus the price is not in accordance with the wishes of the early also makes the result of ICO for the worse and felt like it already does not have hope again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Helpme_please

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:25:17 AM

No ICO where can promise at the time. many of the existing ICO thus contains a scam and also the crypto is not worth even satisfying. Thus it is natural if it is precisely the time for many have the opinion that ICO dead because it felt right when it was not able to give satisfactory results.
decided to invest in ico projects really bad decision.all of us already know how dangerous investing in  ico, we've seen investors scammed by fake developers team or maybe they ico coin/token worthless when selling in market.but it doesnt mean ico was dead.maybe the correct word just lack of investors.
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:58:19 AM

In my opinion ICO market still high demand because some ICO successfully raised alot of fund  above soft cap target. The team of the project should have program how to protect their investor like offer refund program or buy back program. Investor need more secure and safety when make invest in ICO. ICO market should have regulation to attrack new more investor and to avoid fraud.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:47:38 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 08:26:13 AM by xianbits

In my opinion ICO market still high demand because some ICO successfully raised alot of fund  above soft cap target. The team of the project should have program how to protect their investor like offer refund program or buy back program. Investor need more secure and safety when make invest in ICO. ICO market should have regulation to attrack new more investor and to avoid fraud.
I doubt how true are those projects who raised big amount even during the red market. I am thinking some of them are just manipulating the sales to attract investors.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:51:23 PM

it would be better if it was already in the market even though the exchange rate was low. all the tokens that I hold right now have not been pointed at the market exchanger, it will be more tiring because it's almost 1 year. but this year ico will be back on track, believe me.
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 01:54:36 PM

It is totally dead after the people or investors has gone mad with so many projects that are scam. As we all know that it was being tag that 80-90% of the ICO project were scam. It is better for the ICO to be dead than letting other users or investoes getting scam. Anyway, STO will going to replace ICO. This is way better because it is a security token offering where it will be regulated or registered in a certain government for adaptation to its users.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 12:37:07 AM

I fully agree with and and would like to take this opportunity to advise all friends here that they should be very watchful of the ICOs they partake in of late. most of this projects of late are organized by some hungry guys who are always in search of quick money from crypto noobs.

sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:41:21 PM

It is difficult not to agree with your arguments, it is necessary to score on investments in ICO for a long time, at least until there is a certain cardinal turn in terms of security for investors

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 03:02:07 PM

We can agree that those type of situation is familiar within the majority of cryptocurrencies project.  That kind of behavior is a bit smell like scam potential. ICO investment is indeed an effective way to collect fund for the company. But Cryttocurrencies project mostly is created in the spirit of scam, they all make a utopian scenario, and has no real life value.
babyxxbaby

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 03:23:25 PM

How many times can you ask the same question? You can't see the topic you had open previously? No one can tell you exactly this information because no one is sure how the cryptocurrency market will develop this year. I am sure that the bounty program will evolve and will not remain in the old structure.
Dannev

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:57:10 PM

Too many more talks comes from project teams these days. They start coming up with stories after investors must have put their Fiat into the project, thats not so cool.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:39:06 PM

Here's what I really don't like about ICOs and why they're dead to me:

1. "After ICO, the token's rate would be $X.XX per coin/token"

Excuse me? Really? Yeah we know the hype, right? Been there already. Most ICOs don't live up to their promise that their rate in exchanges would be that high amount. For example, there's an ICO whose token is worth $0.01 and claims that when it hits exchanges, they will be worth at least $0.20. But hell no!!! The reality is that when it hits exchanges, the rates are way below the ICO price!

So ICOs, don't make promises you can't keep, especially claiming that the amount will be huge when it hits exchanges coz' it mostly likely not gonna happen. Sad reality. Nothing but hype!

2. "We're pausing the campaign until further notice"

What kind of f***ing excuse is that? I know most of their fucking delay strategies just to let their community think that they should trust them no matter what. They keep motivating them on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter or so, but in the end, they would silently abandon their project without announcing to the public. Worst of all, they're taking the investors' money away and hide in their private luxurious islands, yachts or so. Bear market? Naaahhh not a valid excuse you morons! You're just using that term to your advantage just to make the community believe in you until you silently run away with our hard-earned funds!

3. "We're focusing on the project's development before we hit exchanges."

Sorry to say that the truth is that they're doing that because of not having enough money to list in exchanges. Whaaaaaat? I can say that it's one of the worst, worst, worst, worst, worst excuses that ICOs are addressing their respective communities. F*** there are some exchanges that are free to get listed such as IDEX, MetaMorph Pro or so, and you can't even have time for the token to get listed? I don't have a f***ing problem when it comes to project development. However, just don't say that you can't get listed in an exchange which is fucking easy on the free ones.

4. "Tokens will be locked for a certain period of time to avoid mass dumping."

For me, this is not fucking true at all. Even if you do that, the market would still be dumping. I've experienced that with a couple of tokens (Seal and Gamestars). As I remembered, Seal locked our tokens for 6 months to avoid dumping. However, after 6 months, when they unlocked it, the price already dumped too hard. The same thing with Gamestars, in which they're giving tokens to bounty hunters batch by batch for like every 3-4 days. The sad reality is that this strategy is old and won't work anymore.

I don't know if you guys felt the same way like I do towards s***ty ICOs! Therefore, I can say that ICOs are a thing in the past. I would root for STOs this time, because they're regulated.
I have encountered all of those excuses before but the one that really bothers me is number three since the developers of a coin in which I invested applied that strategy for over a year and no one could move their coins for that time because there was simply not a single exchange where we could trade our coins so if you ever see that excuse sell your coins and be happy with whatever you can get out of them.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:30:26 PM

I strongly disagree with you. I hope that ICO will now really rise in demand, because it is a process that is created by nature itself. This is crowdfunding. Therefore, this process as a whole needs a little refinement.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:42:51 PM

No wonder, no one believes in the success of ICO anymore, this is a result of the fact that a huge amount of investment was lost in the depths of unsuccessful and fraudulent ICO projects. This is extremely sad, because it is this money that should move the market forward.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:15:22 PM

There are projects that are truly masking impacts and succeeding in the crypto space. That some or that you have seen lots of ICOs fail, does not mean that every other ICO will follow suit. I think you need to see how successful Hetachain is. The coin listing is not going to be delayed and developments are ongoing. So everything is set to set the ball rolling on exchange.
Some of these coins from ICO will be on their own platform. That is, different blockchain.
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:18:38 PM

I think it is no secret to anyone. Too many problems now on the markets. So the ICO theme is dying. And looking at the market, it is clear that the cryptocurrency is completely on the verge of disappearing. Thousands of projects that do not go anywhere. Constant feed.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:23:24 PM

This things happen most of the time. I don't even understand why some are even pushing the idea that their ICOs are doing great when in fact they even hardly meet the soft cap. So with these scenario they would often say the things mentioned by the OP. It wad really hard for the bounty hunters like us. Hope things will change for the better.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:30:17 PM

The situations you mentioned, or what you call "excuses", are simply ways to survive the bear market. I think that if the project is good and the dev team develops it as planned and according to promises, then the price should be defended by itself, so any delays are unnecessary.
I think all these "excuses" are simply prophylactic in order to protect the project.

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:50:12 PM

I come to the same conclusion. Although I have not been here for a long time, I already see many problems. The first open problem. I see people leaving this forum. Why do they leave him? Because ICO No longer makes a profit for both investors and the hunter. I think this is the last year of the industry.

The number of posts on this forum has really decreased noticeably, and in the few ICO bounty campaigns there are also very few signatories to join the campaign. Only a few, as a rule, short and promising ICO projects gather many participants. Yes, now it has become unprofitable to work as a headhunter. Only those who still have enough time are still working. Many members of this forum just have a rest, using the difficult position in the cryptocurrency market and ICO. However, I do not think that ICO projects have died. The situation will change for the better, then good ICO projects will appear, and a significant part of the participants of this forum will return.

Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:58:36 PM

This is not always the same for every ICO. There are just some unique ones that re ready to deliver. They are ready to solve real time and real world problems. Some of them are already being implemented, which shows to us that that we still have hope of some good ICOs.
I will not nullify the fact that there are more scam ICOs, but it is now left those those who are interested in ICO to ensure they do their research before investing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: