Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:53:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are dead! Yeah I mean DEAD!!!!  (Read 26141 times)
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 03:47:38 PM

Here's what I really don't like about ICOs and why they're dead to me:

1. "After ICO, the token's rate would be $X.XX per coin/token"

Excuse me? Really? Yeah we know the hype, right? Been there already. Most ICOs don't live up to their promise that their rate in exchanges would be that high amount. For example, there's an ICO whose token is worth $0.01 and claims that when it hits exchanges, they will be worth at least $0.20. But hell no!!! The reality is that when it hits exchanges, the rates are way below the ICO price!

So ICOs, don't make promises you can't keep, especially claiming that the amount will be huge when it hits exchanges coz' it mostly likely not gonna happen. Sad reality. Nothing but hype!

2. "We're pausing the campaign until further notice"

What kind of f***ing excuse is that? I know most of their fucking delay strategies just to let their community think that they should trust them no matter what. They keep motivating them on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter or so, but in the end, they would silently abandon their project without announcing to the public. Worst of all, they're taking the investors' money away and hide in their private luxurious islands, yachts or so. Bear market? Naaahhh not a valid excuse you morons! You're just using that term to your advantage just to make the community believe in you until you silently run away with our hard-earned funds!

3. "We're focusing on the project's development before we hit exchanges."

Sorry to say that the truth is that they're doing that because of not having enough money to list in exchanges. Whaaaaaat? I can say that it's one of the worst, worst, worst, worst, worst excuses that ICOs are addressing their respective communities. F*** there are some exchanges that are free to get listed such as IDEX, MetaMorph Pro or so, and you can't even have time for the token to get listed? I don't have a f***ing problem when it comes to project development. However, just don't say that you can't get listed in an exchange which is fucking easy on the free ones.

4. "Tokens will be locked for a certain period of time to avoid mass dumping."

For me, this is not fucking true at all. Even if you do that, the market would still be dumping. I've experienced that with a couple of tokens (Seal and Gamestars). As I remembered, Seal locked our tokens for 6 months to avoid dumping. However, after 6 months, when they unlocked it, the price already dumped too hard. The same thing with Gamestars, in which they're giving tokens to bounty hunters batch by batch for like every 3-4 days. The sad reality is that this strategy is old and won't work anymore.

I don't know if you guys felt the same way like I do towards s***ty ICOs! Therefore, I can say that ICOs are a thing in the past. I would root for STOs this time, because they're regulated.

Unfortunately, I've heard these excuses many times. Almost all ICOs are dumping at the listing in this bearish market... but  among them, there are also good projects that I think will recover in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocyprus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 06:44:36 PM

Rather, the bounty of the company is dead, and ICO is still feeling okay and alive, but at the end. This year, most likely, all ICO will be transformed.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:37:07 PM

On my own side, I perceived greatness in the cryptocurrency market his year, the beginning right be bearish though but greatness will show up at last.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:39:31 PM

All the excuses you listed does not in anyway confirm your dead claim for ICO. Such excuses has always been and would continue to be. It is common in projects that are not viable and run by weak and perhaps insincere team.
dakiller

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:47:41 PM

It sounds heavy but I think so too. Feel like every year there will be a new trend.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:48:37 PM

Rather, the bounty of the company is dead, and ICO is still feeling okay and alive, but at the end. This year, most likely, all ICO will be transformed.

now and bounty campaigns are also starting to appear. since the beginning of this year, several promising bounty has already appeared

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:27:25 PM

now and bounty campaigns are also starting to appear. since the beginning of this year, several promising bounty has already appeared
I agree with you. But even at the end of 2018, it was possible to find a lot of good bounty campaigns which was collected very large soft cap. I personally took part in one campaign and I already received tokens for the signature campaign

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:34:32 PM

This is because people are tired of the numerous scams and fake projects in this industry. Every Tom, dick and Harry just wants to float an ICO offering basically nothing but looking to swindle money from unsuspecting investors. At the end of the day, investors enrich some dubious people who cunningly get hold of their investments and disappear. This has been seen in this industry lately and we are at a crossroad. Everyone is beginning to get wiser now.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:42:59 PM

yes in ourdays the number of ico is reduced dramatically and this is good due ti the lack of regulation in the space but in the near future we will see a real increase of the number of sto
Invigorated

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:44:57 PM

Truth be told, since the last quarter of last year, ICOs have lost the buzz leading to a massive loss of interest from investors. This has been made possible as a result of the continuous fall in prices and the bearish nature of the crypto market. Everyone is scared of losing money since it is almost certain that once project is done with its ico and tokens get listed, there is always an epic dump in ICO prices. Nobody likes losing and this is evident in the withdrawal of investors from ICOs.
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:40:47 PM

Agree with you on all the points especially on the first one.
That is really ridiculous when the ICO gives price promises in pre - sale, before the coin get listed on the exchanges and than we have situations that after listing the coin drops 95% and nobody is taking responsibility for it.
Therefore the market is the only place which will determine the price.
batkaMahno

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:45:51 PM

In 2018, most projects did not produce the desired result. I am fully confident that this is due to the general decline in the cryptocurrency market. But I believe in growth, which means I believe in the ICO industry.

gowobonyok

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:22:13 AM

for now, yes, but suspended animation. which means that whenever it can rise again, it's like a snow princess who slept for a long time before finally being awakened by the prince. ico is the same, this time when the crypto market rises to the moon, ico will also wake up.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:24:59 AM

A lot of scam projects are live at the moment, but if you would check them, you would not say that they are completely dead. There are still some awesome projects left on the market, you just need to search better.
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Of course, we can say that the market for ICO projects is dead, and the factors indicated in this topic are quite relevant. But I believe that this is not the end of the era of crypto-currencies and projects, and when this cycle ends, the trend will change - crypto-currencies will again attract the attention of many investors.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:08:50 PM

True, if the ICO continues to go in this direction, then soon they will simply die. It's time to solve this problem and try to regulate this process. I think that in the future, certain rules will be introduced for projects, so that if not to remove completely, then at least to minimize the number of scams among ICO.

valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:15:16 PM

of all the opinions on this thread all are very true, the opinions that I hate are numbers 1 & 3, usually the projects that do it mostly end up unclear and many ends up being failed projects
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:22:38 PM

Yes. I totally agree. Although ICO's were able to sell thousands of coins and earn millions, it is more likely to be a scam than legit. Unfortunately for me, I have a lot of ICO's last year and lost a lot of money. I only have 10% success rate on ICO's as I have been scammed multiple times. I have learned a lesson and will not join any for now. I am focusing on trading established coins.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:32:08 PM

The crypto-currency space is an all comers affair, no restrictions no regulation, that openness has contributed immensely to the dearth of hood projects. Most of available icos are thrash with no use case backing their concept. I think this space need done regulation and control to weed out meaningless icos
yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:11:30 PM

In such a form as now they are certainly dead and for me too, I do not see any sense to risk much with investments, the future of the ICO is extremely muddy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: