Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Grin Mining (Cuckoo Cycle)  (Read 3259 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:44:42 PM

IMHO, the mimblewimble (spelling?) is a protocol...and grin coin has this as its ONLY angle for a coin. What happens when a mess of altcoins, that have watched 95% or whatever

value decrease..and are having a pity party and say wtf...and add mimblewimble(spelling?) to their coin that says has other angles and hooks in their protocol besides just the grin

mimblewimble protocol? Would not grin, as a 1 coin wonder, not be lost in the shuffle of other altcoins also getting the protocol?

Also, this may be the kiss of death on grin coin

it has been out 2 days or so ..and they are making an ASIC Smiley

https://obelisksc1store.tech/product/obelisk-grn1/

everybody and his brother ...IMHO..with the large value drop.... will add this protocol in some manner...as a new hook for their altcoins IMHO....in that mimblewimble was originally

made to add on to Bitcoin...I don't see this as an issue...

anyway, coin is out 2 days and an asic is announced...if the grin coin devs were smart they'd announce if that happens they will kill the asic with an algo change...by the end of the week

crypto always a circus.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_javier_

Activity: 444
Merit: 31

Still a manic miner

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:45:07 AM

IMHO, the mimblewimble (spelling?) is a protocol...and grin coin has this as its ONLY angle for a coin. What happens when a mess of altcoins, that have watched 95% or whatever

value decrease..and are having a pity party and say wtf...and add mimblewimble(spelling?) to their coin that says has other angles and hooks in their protocol besides just the grin

mimblewimble protocol? Would not grin, as a 1 coin wonder, not be lost in the shuffle of other altcoins also getting the protocol?

Also, this may be the kiss of death on grin coin

it has been out 2 days or so ..and they are making an ASIC Smiley

https://obelisksc1store.tech/product/obelisk-grn1/

everybody and his brother ...IMHO..with the large value drop.... will add this protocol in some manner...as a new hook for their altcoins IMHO....in that mimblewimble was originally

made to add on to Bitcoin...I don't see this as an issue...

anyway, coin is out 2 days and an asic is announced...if the grin coin devs were smart they'd announce if that happens they will kill the asic with an algo change...by the end of the week

crypto always a circus.

why is there GRIN 29 and GRIN 31 algos?? gpu and asic versions?

19kt6um75kGg3qKZgui5vucztiGxUpKad5
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:21:55 AM

crypto always a circus.

They intentionally targeted an ASIC friendly algorithm and want ASICs to join the network. Obelisk worked with Grin's team while implementing their prototypes, even though they weren't directly contracted.
dmitry_nch

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:19:13 AM

anyone know work pool for grin coin? I have tryed with grinmint.com and its looks like scam. My miner work but there is no anyone on dashboard
dudutti

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 11:34:04 AM

anyone know work pool for grin coin? I have tryed with grinmint.com and its looks like scam. My miner work but there is no anyone on dashboard

maybe is it your worker, if you have blabla@mail.com.worker it doesn't work, you will see a dashboard empty for your email blabla@mail.com but you see a dashboard ok for blabla@mail.com.worker , i think it's preferable to remove worker, or you need to add "/" instead of "." between your email and worker, but few miner support this feature
Telecaster_

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:49:52 PM

Im attempting to mine Grincoin using gringold miner and f2pool.  When I start the miner it recognized the 7 1070 8gb gpus.  When it gets to the 5th, 6th and 7th, card I get a Video Memory Error.  What do I need to do to get all 7 cards mining?

Make your virtual memory 56 gigabytes.

My rigs don't have a big enough HD for a pagefile bigger than 32GB, is there any way around this?
astraleureka

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:56:01 PM

Use Linux. The mining process doesn't actually use any storage on the disk, Windows is just inane and requires disk to back virtual memory.
Telecaster_

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:57:17 PM

Use Linux. The mining process doesn't actually use any storage on the disk, Windows is just inane and requires disk to back virtual memory.

I don't know the first thing about Linux, plus all my alternative miners are set up for W10, so it's this or nothing I'm afraid.
VasilyS

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 11:04:16 PM

This pool doesn't show your cards if you don't put in BAT file the name of the rig in format "/rig". That's why it is impossible to use bminer (it has format ".rig"). I tried this pool and lost my time and wasted shares. If I tried to use bminer  without name of the rig, this pool showed only one rig. I agrr with you, they are scammers.

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
astraleureka

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:05:56 PM

I don't know the first thing about Linux, plus all my alternative miners are set up for W10, so it's this or nothing I'm afraid.

You need larger disks or more actual RAM then, it's unavoidable. You could just use large USB keys for the OS, to save money.
VasilyS

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 11:07:15 PM

maybe is it your worker, if you have blabla@mail.com.worker it doesn't work, you will see a dashboard empty for your email blabla@mail.com but you see a dashboard ok for blabla@mail.com.worker , i think it's preferable to remove worker, or you need to add "/" instead of "." between your email and worker, but few miner support this feature
This pool doesn't recognize blabla@mail.com.worker. If you wish to use format "/" than you have to use GrinNbminer or GrinGoldMiner.

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:48:29 AM

Curious. Name a GPU card and/or rig setup and what are you actually mining in actual GRIN per day (more or less)

just asking

thanks

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
hustleman

Activity: 155
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:32:05 AM

Curious. Name a GPU card and/or rig setup and what are you actually mining in actual GRIN per day (more or less)

just asking

thanks

Brad

7 evga 1070 (bminer) mining about 2.4 grin in 24 hours according to f2pool
earlygrinminer

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:49:14 PM

I'm currently mining with 8 CPUs at about 0.4 GPS. Yes I know it's not so much. But I'm getting grin.
NCarter84

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:50:40 AM

When will we be able to use 4gb cards?
VasilyS

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 10:53:12 PM

When will we be able to use 4gb cards?
Currently it is impossible. Maybe in the future there will be some miner doing double work on GPUs with small amount of memory. But their hashrate will be significantly slower.

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:02:08 AM

I put together an updated video guide showcasing the faster GRIN miner on Windows & Linux for Nvidia & AMD + How to Buy & Sell GRIN + How to turn your mined GRIN into BTC (if desired)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2qDOF-4M5Q

I also put together an updated written guide on How To Mine Grin Coin on Windows & Linux + BST GRIN

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
evlo

Activity: 155
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:09:48 PM

is there any faster miner for grin and AMD then GGM?
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:33:27 PM

have you tried any of the bminer builds?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
RsvTu

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:11:53 PM

have you tried any of the bminer builds?

Does it support Grin with AMD (rx500 or vega series) cards? I think it says it supports AMD overall but not sure about grin?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: