Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Athiest are the ultimate free thinker?  (Read 20631 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:35:16 PM

Profiling people into one basket such as "atheist", "christian", "muslim", etc. is wrong on so many levels.....

Honestly, labeling like that says more about the labeler -.-

If you and I are ever walking down a dark downtown street and there's a couple guys up ahead, and I whisper, "Those guys look like bad news. Let's go this other way. Fast!"

My suggestion if you want to stay alive is not to start talking about baskets....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:47:46 PM

Profiling people into one basket such as "atheist", "christian", "muslim", etc. is wrong on so many levels.....

If you and I are ever walking down a dark downtown street and there's a couple guys up ahead, and I whisper, "Those guys look like bad news. Let's go this other way. Fast!"

My suggestion if you want to stay alive is not to start talking about baskets....

Of course, they were saying the same thing about you two. Did you meet them somewhere, again, the other way that you went?

Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Kiir

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:20:10 AM

I'd hope you would be saying that cause they are criminals or something of the sort. Their religion is irrelevant.

Christian criminal and muslim criminal is the same, cause only the "criminal" part matters.

Now if you weren't talking about that, I have no idea what you wanted to say xD
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 08:27:22 AM

I'd hope you would be saying that cause they are criminals or something of the sort. Their religion is irrelevant.

Christian criminal and muslim criminal is the same, cause only the "criminal" part matters.

Now if you weren't talking about that, I have no idea what you wanted to say xD

Spendulus was saying that sometimes it is beneficial to have heuristics, especially during times of "fight-or-flight".

BADecker joked about it, which I think is hilarious XD

hipuzid

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:55:47 AM

For athiest there is no God ,everthing is creation or the existance with cause and effect.We create our own heaven or  hell,not in hereafter ,but on earth,in our lifetime by the compassion we give our fellow beings and which we receive in return.
 His thinking is free from all the prejudices and fear created by the flagbearers of different religions fundamentalists and not influenced by any relgion and beyond its restrictions.His only holy sacrament is compassion because he recognizes that the individual life is precious to him and accord the same value to the life of all other beings including beings who opposes our religions and political belief. Do you agree?

Not really.Check Jordan Peterson.
Kiir

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:33:25 AM

Spendulus was saying that sometimes it is beneficial to have heuristics, especially during times of "fight-or-flight".

Ok, though I'm still not sure how having or not having heuristics is applied to what I said xD
ATMD

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 10:50:59 AM

Ok, though I'm still not sure how having or not having heuristics is applied to what I said xD

Don't worry about it, what you said was absolutely correct  Smiley

Kiir

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:40:56 AM

Well, I guess that works for me, lolz xD
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:34:33 PM

Put it this way. We could discuss the philosophical matter of improperly stereotyping. While running...
ATMD

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 01:43:13 PM

Put it this way. We could discuss the philosophical matter of improperly stereotyping. While running...

Or we could just run  Grin

Kiir

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:07:07 PM

Depends on the speed, hard to talk while running! xD
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:11:57 PM

Or we could melt in the heat of Hell, and run down the drain.

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
ATMD

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 03:37:11 PM

Grin

Or we could pray Grin

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:43:08 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 08:15:13 PM by Spendulus

Or we could pray Grin

I don't know if that is a good idea, but how about this.

You pray, but just in case that does not work out well, give me that heavy bag of gold in your pocket? I'll run away really fast, and they won't catch me.

I promise to give it back to you if you wind up alive. Let's meet in two hours at The Snake Charmer Inn. I'll have two pitchers of beer on the table. You don't mind if I spend just a little bit of the gold for the beer, do you? We can discuss the injustice of stereotyping then.

Kind of looks like those guys are getting closer. Now just hand that bag of gold over. I'll take real good are of it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:20:12 PM

Grin

Or we could pray Grin

Praying won't work at this point.     Cool

ATMD

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 03:36:22 AM

Grin

Or we could pray Grin

Praying won't work at this point.     Cool
Do not underestimate the power of prayer my friend. After praying, God made me see the light that those two dudes were good guys after all. They were not trying to mug us, in fact one of them invited me to The Snake Charmer Inn for a round of beers. I told them Spendulus would be waiting for us there.

Or we could pray Grin

I don't know if that is a good idea, but how about this.

You pray, but just in case that does not work out well, give me that heavy bag of gold in your pocket? I'll run away really fast, and they won't catch me.

I promise to give it back to you if you wind up alive. Let's meet in two hours at The Snake Charmer Inn. I'll have two pitchers of beer on the table. You don't mind if I spend just a little bit of the gold for the beer, do you? We can discuss the injustice of stereotyping then.

Kind of looks like those guys are getting closer. Now just hand that bag of gold over. I'll take real good are of it.

Oh you mean the heavy gold coins I always keep in my pocket? Here, take them and go, but let me know if anybody would accept them as payment. I painted them myself, don't they look absolutely authentic?  Wink

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 09:59:17 AM

Grin

Or we could pray Grin

Praying won't work at this point.     Cool
Do not underestimate the power of prayer my friend. After praying, God made me see the light that those two dudes were good guys after all. They were not trying to mug us, in fact one of them invited me to The Snake Charmer Inn for a round of beers. I told them Spendulus would be waiting for us there.

I either misunderstood, or I didn't respond clearly. I meant once a person is in Hell or the grave, then prayer won't work for him... at least not the kind that will get him into Heaven.

2 Samuel 12:23:
But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

Cool

alexandrea

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:20:20 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Aren't we all free thinkers since we have the right to choose and think for ourselves, if you see your religion is not doing any good you have every right to denounce.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:24:18 PM

Aren't we all free thinkers since we have the right to choose and think for ourselves, if you see your religion is not doing any good you have every right to denounce.

As I would define the term 'free thinker', it would just mean that a person is free from constraints which limit the scope of their thought processes.

Atheists often assume that religion accomplishes this constraint in those who are religious.  While there may be a relatively large element of truth to this, it does NOT follow that it is the only blocking agent and that lack of religion implies 'free thought'.

Atheists are humans and are wired to outsource their thinking to others.  This takes for form of 'believing' some supposed 'expert' and using said's teachings (or reported teachings) as the blocking agent.

Atheists, who have a natural void due to their lack of 'faith', are prone to use 'science' as their prosthesis of choice.  Shrewd people have recognized this and attached themselves to 'science' which looks a hell of a lot like 'religion' when one scratches the surface.  In some scientific disciplines which support certain projects (geo-engineering, vaccination programs, etc) the corruption is deep and pernicious.

'Science' is taught liberally (pun intended) in many public education spheres in many parts of the world.  'Free thought', on the other hand, is roundly discourage.

More and more one can find themselves in jail for exploring certain thoughts (like whether it was 2 million of 6 million Jews who died in a particular event.)  You have a better chance of being jailed if you share your work in some of these 'blocked' fields of thought...but 'mind reading' technology progresses so who knows what the future will bring.  My guess would be that it will be a technologically enhanced version of the dark ages.  It sure feels to me like that is the way things are going, and especially in the last couple of years.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:28:25 PM

Oh you mean the heavy gold coins I always keep in my pocket? Here, take them and go, but let me know if anybody would accept them as payment. I painted them myself, don't they look absolutely authentic?  Wink

If they are not really gold then keep them. Maybe those guys will take them and you can get away. But you would have to stop praying to get away...

How about this? Go ahead and give me your car keys, and those tickets to the Lakers game you had for tonight with your girlfriend. I'll keep her company so she doesn't miss the game. Just call us and we'll come and pick you up. Unless it is in the middle of the game or too late of course. And you might ought to give me those tickets for the Cancun trip also...

How long will the prayer session continue, do you have any idea? Should I just mark down to pick you up in a week or two?

Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: