Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Fork Delta affects the crypto negatively?  (Read 25287 times)
ceetoo224 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 03:32:38 AM

There are many exchanges that is on the market, many people also are focused on gaining profits on their cryptos.
I just noticed that Fork Delta is something to worry about. I see, many people here are using it to sell their tokens right after they received it especially bounty hunters.
They sell it in a low price and synonumously dumping their tokens even if they know it is promising in the future.
Another thing I see is that, you need to import your private key which I find unsecured.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 07:26:14 AM

I actually never thought about that yet, but then I read your post and then I might have the same thought for you. This is totally ruining the developer's plan, and roadmap. Usually, the developer planned to list their token on the exchange when they already made a good project development, so their coin is not dumped heavily. But because of decentralized exchange site like ForkDelta, the coin is traded before the project complete, and it makes the coin holder willing to sale their coins with very low price, and I think it affects the coin price when the coin is actually listed by official exchange that has partnership with the project.

clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:33:39 AM

There are many exchanges that is on the market, many people also are focused on gaining profits on their cryptos.
I just noticed that Fork Delta is something to worry about. I see, many people here are using it to sell their tokens right after they received it especially bounty hunters.
They sell it in a low price and synonumously dumping their tokens even if they know it is promising in the future.
Another thing I see is that, you need to import your private key which I find unsecured.

I think it's definitely bad. I made my first crypto money trade there. And I was shocked when I learned the facts. Actually, I could sell almost the same Token 3 times on another platform. I admit I'm lacking in information. But it doesn't feel right to have such a big difference.

PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 08:05:22 AM

No, the exchange itself can in no way affect the market, the market or the coin is badly affected by people who sell it for a penny, but there are also smart people who buy promising coins and hold them. About the keys, if you doubt their reliability, just install MetaMask

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
ovisovyant1

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:31:01 AM

Not entirely true, even if bounty hunters place at a low price on the forkdelta only waste their work by earning small profits while other markets have higher prices. And that will only further reduce the circulation of these tokens, because after getting a low price, the buyer will immediately move to larger markets.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:10:20 AM

That’s a good observation from you
But mind you it is not bounty hunters that create such trade offers
Be mindful of your guesses

Forkdelta is safe and secure
If you are disturbed , use forkdelta with metamask
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 09:41:57 AM

If you use MEW you still have to enter your private key, and ForkDelta is a decentralized trading platform, and many people are safer than centralized exchanges.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:55:10 AM

Is this an opportunity for real investors? They dump the popential coins, that means they decline their profits. That's all.

You can use MetaMask to trade in decentralized exchange and don't worry about private key.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
raptorez

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 10:59:25 AM

It seems to me that such a wonderful stock exchange as ForkDelta affects the stock exchange only positively, because there are always smart investors who start buying tokens from bounty hunters or early investors who sell tokens there.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:03:41 AM

No, forkedelta is just a decentralized exchange and that kind of exchange is gonna be exchange in the future.
Haven't heard of Binance launching its own decentralized exchange?

Blame it to the bounty hunters, but you cannot stop them.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 11:17:56 AM

It's a decentralized exchange and there are a lot of them. And most of them allow users to add any tokens they want to trade and that's the beauty of it.
Restricting users to exchange their tokens is in no way good to the project. The exchange economics doesn't affect the project in any way and if the investors believe in the project, it would also not affect the investor.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:22:03 AM

I like the question asked in this topic. I have some points to elaborate on with regards this. Firstly, Forkdelta unofficial listing (traders make use of token contract addresses to begin trading on forkdelta) is really causing dips in the real sense. Then you mentioned private key being insecure as a login means, you can ameliorate that by using a web 3 extension like metamask.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:49:33 AM

it's just...the free market Cheesy
I know, i don't like it either, but i don't think is fair for a team to wait months and months before list a token in an exchange.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:56:04 AM

I think that natural market should have as many different possibilities as we can imagine and even more. Today we have a lack of good DEXes with high trading volumes. I'd like to see Binance dex, hopefully we will be able to trade not only erc20 tokens there, but any crypto to any crypto as well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 03:58:30 PM

It is a decentralized exchange so there is problem in signing in with your private key all you can do to reduce risk is create a new eth wallet for fork delta and do not use your original wallet with all your eth and tokens. Secondly you have complained of dumping i think that is something not stoppable, if someone wants to get out of his holdings or want to cashout it is his own decision, its his tokens so decision is his we cannot do anything about it. It is obvious dumpers are at loss as price grows quickly after if the project is good.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:07:55 PM

This is happening with every exchange not just with forkdelta. May I know why you are targeting only this particular exchange ? It is obvious that everyone wants to make the maximum profits before someone else dump the market once the new coin/token will be hitting the exchange. It is happening each and every exchange as far as I have seen but you are complaining about only one exchange is there any special reason for that ?

We cannot blame anyone to sell for lower prices or higher prices as it is completely their personal thing. We cannot interfere at any form into that. Market is trading lower that must be the only reason why they are selling at lower price levels. I believe only the devs need to take measurements to keep a proper value for their coin/token when it is getting dumped in an exchange. When they are not taking care of that, such coins are getting delisted over the time after heavy dump.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:36:09 PM

What you are concerning has nothing to do with crypto market negatively as it is a common happening everywhere in crypto environment. When people do not have belief on the future of any new coin then they will go for selling it. This is the reason why most of the ICOs are suffering once it is being listed into exchanges. In the past I have seen many altcoin are suffering this way as their campaigns are paying its participants in their own coin, they are just going to dump it to encash into bitcoin or ethereum. Hence, nothing new here.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:40:12 PM

That happens with the whole of exchange sites when bounty hunters are getting their pie and the price will be dumped to make them all sold their coin cheaply. And after all of their pie have already sold on the cheap price and then there will be a pump to recover it.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:48:46 PM

it's true that Fork Delta give negative effect but only to new ICO that didn't hit the market yet, mostly bounty hunter rather sell token reward they got from bounty below ICO price rather than Hodl it, and fork delta was the place to do that.
and from that the ICO token price will drop significally and quite imposible to reach even normal ICO price.
the best way to prevent it was for us to to learn self control, since we promote ICO project we should also believe that the token will have more value when it hit official exchange, so we should also learn to Hold.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 04:52:57 PM

Noone can stop decentralized exchanges where everyone can sell tokens even if not listed on other exchanges... I don't think that prifces are affected generally by this because normally etherdelta, forkdelta, idex and all other DEX have very low volumes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: