Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:40:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28067 times)
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:59:39 PM

popcorning right now

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
solarforce

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:01:14 PM

This idiot keeps saying all you need to do is keep the batteries charged.

If you are discharging the batteries at a rate of 60kW, the batteries have to be charged by at least 60kW. Yes, I agree if you have a 60kW generator like this one http://www.generac.com/Industrial/products/diesel-generators/configured/60kw-diesel-generator and hook some batteries up to it, you can put out 60kW of electricity. According to this article: https://www.ablesales.com.au/blog/diesel-generator-fuel-consumption-chart-in-litres.html a 60kW generator will require 4.25 gallons of Diesel per hour. Diesel is generally $3/gal, so you're looking at $13/hr in Diesel.

That gives you 21 cents per kWh. That's well more expensive than grid electricity. Any electricity you're not inputting from a generator, you're inputting from the grid. There is no configuation of battery/generator/grid/converter/alternator/whatever that gets around this middle school fact. Seriously, you're talking to people with science degrees with absolutely no knowledge of what you're saying. If you're happy paying a diesel bill rather than an electric bill, good for you. But it's not cheaper, so just fucking stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9e_owv9U7w npw
the video is on a smaller scale for power output but the premise is the same
replace the the propeller with an electric motor and change the electric motor to generator drive ratio to achieve the desired rpm for peak output of the generator.. i cant believe you people cant understand how this works !!!
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:05:54 PM

God, I tried to not bite with you trolls, just trying to get a rise out of people with a middle school education, but these days its really hard to tell if people aren't literally as stupid as you. You do realize that in his case, he's capturing the wind energy? What energy do you think you're capturing? Why don't we just go a step further and use a motor to actually drive a gear that turns your motor, charging a battery which powers the motor turning it? Perpetual energy solved! My guess is this moron forgot that these sort of motors have resistance, and you have to put in AT LEAST as much energy to overcome that resistance as any energy you could potentially get out of the motor.
solarforce

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:22:08 PM

God, I tried to not bite with you trolls, just trying to get a rise out of people with a middle school education, but these days its really hard to tell if people aren't literally as stupid as you. You do realize that in his case, he's capturing the wind energy? What energy do you think you're capturing? Why don't we just go a step further and use a motor to actually drive a gear that turns your motor, charging a battery which powers the motor turning it? Perpetual energy solved! My guess is this moron forgot that these sort of motors have resistance, and you have to put in AT LEAST as much energy to overcome that resistance as any energy you could potentially get out of the motor.
i tried to hold back on this but i cant, first of of all fuck face i am an electrical engineer my educational knowledge goes far beyond what your little pea brain can comprehend i understand you cant fix stupid and stupid you are.
Apneal

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:28:40 PM

Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:34:15 PM

Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.

He doesnt have shit. He and Chip are the same person. The best they have is weak “your mom” jokes.

Apneal

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:35:20 PM

Yea clearly. This guy is an absolute case study in the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:37:19 PM

popcorning right now

Me too.

I tried not to bite as well, but here goes. A simple question.

Why don't you connect one of these contraptions to power two more? Then each of one those to two more. And so on. Infinite energy! Right?
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:45:44 PM

popcorning right now

Me too.

I tried not to bite as well, but here goes. A simple question.

Why don't you connect one of these contraptions to power two more? Then each of one those to two more. And so on. Infinite energy! Right?

Yup. I said this a couple pages back. In jest of course.

i see chipless created a new account to circle jerk himself LOLOLOL.

guys (guy) let me break it down for you. if what you were saying was possible, everyone would just run their whole house on something like this. it would be too good to pass up. no one would be paying normal rates for their electric ever again. why are billions of people paying normal electric rates when they could power their whole house from a lowly 500w motor? hell why stop there, whey not use a 100w motor to drive that 500w motor and save even MORE! oh man, i just had another thought. why don't you drive that 100w motor with a 10w motor?!?! the sky is the limit here!!!!!

but oh wait, no one does this, because its not possible.
Apneal

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 09:07:36 PM

Yea this thread is a perfect example of where moderators should step in and throw this shit in the trash to keep from dirtying the content of the forum.
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 09:14:08 PM

Yea clearly. This guy is an absolute case study in the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I think it's just someone saying inane things to get a reaction, they don't actually believe that this shite works.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:19:47 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 10:41:10 PM by gsrcrxsi314

Please contact a mod. I dare you. I think you won’t like the results. Smiley

I’ve given plenty of reasons why this won’t work. The biggest is that to get 2000w out of the generator, will require >2000w input. A 500w motor cannot do 2000w of work. This is simple math.

The input shaft has resistance. And the faster you spin it, the. More resistance there is.

Adding pulleys to the motor to increase speed, will result in a loss of torque, which will bog the motor down preventing the RPM you desire.

You’re full of shit and anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it
Apneal

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:38:49 PM

Please for god's sake contact an admin. We explained multiple times to your pea brain why it wont work. Generators have resistance. Gearing up reduced torque. Like has been said, you have to input 2000w of energy into any generator to output (under) 2000w of energy. If you gear up a 500w motor to try and spin a 2000w generator, the resistance will prevent it moving at full speed.

Say it with me bro, CONSERVATION OF ENERGY. When you move around energy, the most you can do is LOSE energy to entropy. 2000w in means 2000w - entropy out. Yes you can go off the grid, but you're not getting around energy in and energy out equations with a fucking pulley, battery, inverter, or any other bullshit. You're like one of those retarded fat people that say they literally can't lose weight because of genetics. No you fat fuck, you eat too much, at best you have a below average metabolism and you need to eat under your metabolism. You can't fucking eat 1600cals and stay the same weight, you're fucking deluding yourself while you suck down a pepsi thinking it doesn't count.
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:02:11 PM

For mr rocket scientist you have not given 1 good point to why this doesnt work when others are also using similar systems. Only powered by wind or solar. The motor is our wind ....

I don't get why you keep glossing over the fact that the wind would be supplying 2000 W effective power
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:08:59 PM

lol, I guess you.might want to have a reconsideration of how you're going to get power for the batteries to run the renewable system you're creating. Other than that, we will come back to square one: as in the old ways of generating power and that'll even increase your costs lol. Anyways it's a nice idea. Keep on improving on it.

chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:30:20 PM

For mr rocket scientist you have not given 1 good point to why this doesnt work when others are also using similar systems. Only powered by wind or solar. The motor is our wind ....

I don't get why you keep glossing over the fact that the wind would be supplying 2000 W effective power

The wind is out of the equation at this point, at this point we are concerned with rpm and mph and how we can achieve the needed speed or rpm. It costs less to get the speed and torque needed then it would cost to run a large number of miners when run in this way. If you have enough miners or heavy power using miners or gpu rigs it can cut down the cost because you are only paying for what the electric motor is using and not for all the miners.  Say if you have 20 S9 miners and it costs you 800 a month to run them and you can run a system like this for say 100 a month your saving 700 a month. Its not about power loss physics or whatever else you few want bitch about it is about saving even a few hundred dollars. I can say enough this is not for small miners it is for larger setups where you will see the savings.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:32:20 PM

Please contact a mod. I dare you. I think you won’t like the results. Smiley

I’ve given plenty of reasons why this won’t work. The biggest is that to get 2000w out of the generator, will require >2000w input. A 500w motor cannot do 2000w of work. This is simple math.

The input shaft has resistance. And the faster you spin it, the. More resistance there is.

Adding pulleys to the motor to increase speed, will result in a loss of torque, which will bog the motor down preventing the RPM you desire.

You’re full of shit and anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it

Then you use a bigger motor and your savings is a little less. who cares you are still saving money. If you want something 100% free you picked the wrong post

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:35:50 PM

Wow. He’s actually serious.

I take back all the mean things I said, it’s not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped.

Good job little buddy?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:40:21 PM

No the wind would be supplying the force which cannot really be measured in watts. You can only take that force and convert it into motion which gives us our rpm which is what we are looking for. You can get a variable rpm from the wind depending on what you use to catch the wind then you have the force to put items into motion and the current wind speed can determine a maximum rpm. So lets not confuse what we are doing here

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:41:52 PM

Wow. He’s actually serious.

I take back all the mean things I said, it’s not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped.

Good job little buddy?

Your comments actually show your true intelligence.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: