Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you are deceived?  (Read 17451 times)
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:58:12 AM

maybe in the meantime when I was deceived I couldn't do anything, but there were some suggestions from my friends to report it to CIE whether it could work or not. I haven't tried it yet.
Do not stress yourself, as long as it is this market and for now there is no regulation in place, there is so little you can do in reporting fraudsters, and it is not like they will give you their identity in the first place. Most important thing is to ensure you have all the details of what you are investing in. Dig as deep as you can and don't fall for anything you are not sure about. I always keep saying as long as you know you are not sure of what you are investing in, then, do not invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 12:20:50 PM

At the moment, there is nothing that can be done once you are deceived and scammed ornphished

You can only learn from your pains and sufferings and garner more knowledge through that
Other than that
Am Afraid there is nothing else to be done
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 12:21:12 PM

People creating scam projects should be brought to justice. They should get the appropriate penalties for doing such criminal acts. The problem is that many of these scam projects are using fake names with fake faces and fake credentials. The real culprit are behind the names that appear publicly. Of course there are also some real people who are also doing real scams. They should be imprisoned and fined. Actually, it is the role of the government agencies that nothing of this sort will prosper.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 12:26:41 PM

I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

If you have any other suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.

It would be quite difficult to track them if they're using fake identity which I'm sure they're if they're fake. Laws is not up to date on crypto related scams as far as I know. Best thing you can do is protect yourself and inform others about it so they can take precautions.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 12:41:34 PM

the advice you give is pretty good. especially now that there are many ico popping up. but, the problem is, for now I still haven't found the institution that regulates ico. so people are still fraudulent.
Stervyatnik

Activity: 249
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:15:20 PM

In principle, it is reasonable, only here is how to punish them if they are at such a distance, especially since we do not always know the identity of these people!
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:16:42 PM

All of this still runs down to the fact that we have the best part to play so that we won't be deceived all the time. We can't stop fake people from operating their fake project but one can try not to fall their prey by doing thorough research about their various project.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 09:07:10 PM

For now there is nothing you can do, because the project was still unregulated. But if you are deceive, you can make a red flag for their btt username if you still know it, for you to warn other investors.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
niublity

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:35:15 AM

For the cryptocurrency market to be deceived, investors are usually helpless. There is no law in the cryptocurrency market and there is no regulation. So these conditions make the scammers find the ideal place. Deceivers can usually only sum up experience to avoid being cheated the next time.

Ociwiw

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:38:25 AM

It was not bad, but the fact is that fraudsters use other people's data, so it’s hard to find a real person to punish!
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:42:06 AM

When we are lied to, there is not much we can do. As a merchant and bounty hunter, if fraud occurs I would be better to immediately look for another project. And for ICO search, then you must be careful and do research. And that will be my experience.
TomiJerry

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:30:04 PM

If you are deceived, then in no case do not despair and next time devote more time to research. And if you have any doubts about the project, turn your attention to another project. Try to personally communicate with the organizer. Truly legitimate and worthy projects, as a rule, are led by people who are open to constructive dialogue and do not hide their true intentions.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:38:03 PM

Unfortunately, today there is no real benefit from this, because today these are really huge problems in the future. Because deception is always transferred hard, but this is a wild west, in spite of the SEC, nothing happens, everything continues in the same mode.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:55:13 PM

I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

If you have any other suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.

It is unfortunate that many are trying to deceive other people for their personal gain. I think every investor should be careful and not easily be persuaded by attractive returns of these scammers. I think researching very about the project is still the best way to avoid being scammed.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:42:58 PM

When we are lied to, there is not much we can do. As a merchant and bounty hunter, if fraud occurs I would be better to immediately look for another project. And for ICO search, then you must be careful and do research. And that will be my experience.

Right. No sense in running after the bounty manager or developer since it's pointless. Best to just put it all under you, move on and be productive. That's the nature of bounties and before you sign up for a campaign you should already be aware of the risks. Better to move forward than to cry over spilled milk.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:03:36 PM

You should be strong to survive on this market. Just remember of some guys that have sold like 6000 BTC for 30 bucks and remember people that have hold these coins till 2017. Someone has become millionaire and someone has earned 30 bucks in 2010 Smiley
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:30:20 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2019, 09:39:37 PM by TimeTeller

Right. No sense in running after the bounty manager or developer since it's pointless. Best to just put it all under you, move on and be productive. That's the nature of bounties and before you sign up for a campaign you should already be aware of the risks. Better to move forward than to cry over spilled milk.

That will save you also from headache for running after them.
The OP has good intentions but the implementation is tough.
Dedicating yourself on calling or contacting them one after another would take so much time and effort.
And even if they are legit, still there's no guarantee that they will not scam people.
I've known projects with real members on board, but their main intention is to grab cash from those naive users.
So what I'm saying here is, you can always do your own research but just move on when it fails. You can post a scam allegation and post your proofs as one way of helping potential victims of the project.
VukotLy

Activity: 112

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:38:59 PM

So that you are not deceived, you need to study the market very well and have good knowledge of the processes taking place on it.
In the case of participation in campaigns, you need to carefully select the development team and make sure that these are real people.
Trust only yourself and respected market players.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:40:51 PM

I don't think trying to 'find and punish' the scammers will work. The best approach I think is to try to learn from our mistakes, understand why we fell victim to a scam, in order that we can improve the decisions that we make in future. Mistakes can be beneficial if they prevent bigger mistakes further down the line.
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:46:20 PM

I don't think trying to 'find and punish' the scammers will work. The best approach I think is to try to learn from our mistakes, understand why we fell victim to a scam, in order that we can improve the decisions that we make in future. Mistakes can be beneficial if they prevent bigger mistakes further down the line.
Unfortunately, this is so. It is necessary to make maximum efforts in order not to become a victim of deception. After you have been deceived, there is little that can be done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: