Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you are deceived?  (Read 17453 times)
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:28:12 AM

When I join this market, I often participate with the money I can lose so if I invest in a project, if it is a scam, I will lose money and that will be a lesson for me to choose a better project.
TechComputer

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:33:56 AM

Even if you can contact the developer, there are so many probabilities on developer faking their address or they just buy a number to make the users trust the developer if they was real.
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:42:24 AM

We've been deceived by people we know very well in real life. This is no difference when it comes to bounty huntimg. We all know that the trend now in crypto. The moment you decide to join a campaign, you be responsible for any out come. Its all risk taking. Some project may look trusted, but turn to be acting unusual when it comes to fulfilling their side of the deal.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ditlycel

Activity: 263

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 02:41:41 PM

contact the relevant ico to get clarity about fraud. now there should be a legal entity tasked with managing fraud so that there is no ongoing fraud.
Of course the chance that will help a very small , I think that next time you need to carefully study the project and its team , and of course I would not advise to send a lot of money now in the ico

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Toraynt

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 06:34:40 PM

I've never been cheated in cryptocurrency. In cryptocurrency you should always be on the check, and on suspicious sites it is better not to come in and give anybody the data from purses and accounts.

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | $1M Raised
▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:17:41 AM

I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

If you have any other suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.
If it is just a simple investor, it is difficult to find out if the ICO project is a scam. If there is a regulatory intervention, I believe that the loss of investors will be reduced.

arwani1985

Activity: 817
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:53:06 AM

It is very difficult to report because in my own country bitcoin is still controversial and if the value is also not large the authorities will also be lazy when managing it because it must be very difficult to track
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:56:02 AM

The possibility of succeeding in getting your funds back in my opinion is still small because indeed this scheme is difficult to be managed, especially if in your country there is still no attitude to support or not cryptocurrency, so it is better to be careful in investing
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:57:56 AM

It is very difficult to report because in my own country bitcoin is still controversial and if the value is also not large the authorities will also be lazy when managing it because it must be very difficult to track
This is a risk and this is the reason why there are still many countries that limit the circulation of bitcoin. as long as bitcoin still does not get a regulation, it will make it difficult for this situation, bitcoin transactions cannot be legally protected and that is also the reason why the police do not respond, when there is a regulation it will have a different storyline. we all must continue to push for a way for the circulation of bitcoin that is legal and does not violate legally.
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 08:06:06 AM

If you suspect project is scam, you can create a forum topic and discuss it with other bounty hunters, it is easier to catch the crooks.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Chika08

Activity: 544

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 08:08:18 AM

Many forum topics on Bitcointalk is so childish. How old are you to begin with? 15years? Come on how many times do you allow yourself be deceived? When you are deceived,  learn from it and don't allow it happen again period
dawai asmara

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:02:27 AM

Many forum topics on Bitcointalk is so childish. How old are you to begin with? 15years? Come on how many times do you allow yourself be deceived? When you are deceived,  learn from it and don't allow it happen again period
because that's the only thing that is best for us to do because anger or regret is useless.
we must be willing to learn from our experience so that we get better.
honestly, if there are many fraudsters in crypto, we must get used to and try our best so that we are not fooled.
mamahdedeh

Activity: 812

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:17:31 AM

I don't know the crypto currency law for sure. Moreover crypto currency is a cross-country and free business. The crypto currency market is a free market internationally so that the laws governing all cryptocurrency frauds have not been tightly restrained. However, if we know this fraud, we must act decisively and not let it. Indeed we have to make fraudulent articles that are distributed to all social media including linking to fraudulent sites so that more people will know about the fraud and not be the next victim.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 11:33:40 AM

I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

If you have any other suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.
It's only possible if you are living in the same region, but what if you are a hundred miles apart, you can get the identity of the people running behind the project, but if after they scammed you, there is no choice to run after them you will have to go to the developers country and file a case there, it will take a lot of money and time.

acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:44:32 AM

First of all you need to educate yourself from that deception. I mean, as humans we learn by experience and so getting deceived should add up to your list of lessons and then know what to do next time to prevent it.
And then your next option maybe to find out how authorities can get those deceivers punished (if any).
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:15:10 PM

There is no way to avoid punishment. Eventually all those cheaters and robbers will be punished.As for me I was deceived multiple times, but I just keep going.
Crypto is tricky, you have to be prepared

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 05:14:38 PM

This is a very frequent occurrence in cryptocurrencies and you should try to prevent this, of course it is said that it is very easy, but I think that you can write a statement to the police. Many projects today represent their team and this has already become the norm.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 05:26:29 PM

As long as the developers have not received your money, they will answer your questions in every way, be active in communicating with the community. They publish the latest news on Twitter and other social networks. However, as soon as their ICO ends, they disappear with your money. Invest better when ICO is over and tokens are placed on exchanges.

aziziasa

Activity: 316

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 05:31:49 PM

Maybe there's not much I can do because whatever I do, our assets will still not return. This is a valuable lesson for me and maybe more careful in maintaining the digital assets that I have. I am very disappointed with this hacker because it annoys me.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 05:31:53 PM

I do not believe that ICOs would die because of increasing amount of fraud projects. Just look at IEOs this is a new stage of holding a token sale, but you are right we need to find a way of how to protect people from taking part in scam projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: