Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:30:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: solved  (Read 13533 times)
Pichotklasa (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:35:33 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 05:12:58 PM by Pichotklasa

solved

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:16:09 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 05:33:32 PM by Anduck

Did you peel the coin? Are you sure it's the same coin as drbitcoinve said he peeled?

Edits:
Now reading TitanBTC sales thread again...
Is there a private key on the physical coin at all?

Just a reminder, these are available in 2 versions:

"2-factor Authenticated" (Each coin is registered to an email address, which can be changed at anytime.  Access to the email is required to redeem)

-OR-

"Private Key included" (Just like Casascius coins, the only copy of the 30-digit private key is included underneath the hologram)

This sounds like there's nothing "real" attached to the physical coin when choosing the "2-factor Authenticated" option. Doesn't sound like 2fa to me if there's only a single factor... And the "redeem code" doesn't really make it 2fa, but just 1fa.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:17:34 PM

There is 2FA on it, and it is registered  to my email with my password.
Consider he's the one  who sold me that coin, obviously it is the same coin.

Did you peel the coin yourself? Peeled the coin to access the unique redeem key under the hologram?

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:38:31 PM

Ofc not, it was peeled because he gaved me the infos and promised me to give me the physical coin later.
But seems like you don't like to read.
TitanBTC claim only the person who have the full infos can claim the coin.
The previous owner don't have the email and password of the coin.
Also the coin appear to be funded on their website but I can't sweep it.
Waiting TitanBTC to answer

So you bought a peeled coin and tried to redeem it?

I'm trying to understand this situation, but it's not too easy.

The previous owner don't have the email and password of the coin.

Why did the previous owner peel the coin and then sell it as unredeemed?

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:00:23 PM

Because based on the situation, he wanted to scam me for my money, and also use the value inside the coin.
Why you asking dumb obvious questions.
A scammer will always find a best way to scam.
And that's a double way of scam if he can do it.
Money from me, and if he trick somehow TitanBTC to sweep the coin without the email and password, he get double.
Which part is not easy for you to understand and why you need to understand consider you are not form TitanBTC and your understanding is useless for me ?
Yes he gaved me all the infos about the coin 2fa, I changed the password and email and secured everything except the physical bitcoin which is only a metal.
I already explained that few times.

You bought the coin knowing that the redeem code sealed by the hologram was not intact?

TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 08:38:11 PM

To Clarify this thread for everyone reading and give a bit of the back story, Pichotklasa is attempting a fishing scam and trying to claim ownership of a coin that he does not have possession of.

As a refresher, Titan Bitcoins were originally offered in 2 flavors:

1. Private key - in which the BTC private key was included underneath the hologram

2. 2-Factor-Authenticated - in which user's registered ownership on Titan's website and an additional ownership is required before redemption of the coin's BTC value

The coin in question was a 2FA coin.  We discontinued offering 2FA coins after a year or two, partly because it created an incentive for scammers like Pichotklasa to try to impersonate actual coin owners.

In this case, Pichotklasa went so far as to setup a fake telegram account to chat with the coin owner and attempt to mislead the coin owner, as well as emailing the owner directly and impersonating myself and fabricating additional Titan Mint employees.

Ultimately I was able to communicate with the actual owner and verify both their identity and that they currently owned the coin in question, and the value was redeemed as intended.  

We have humans in the loop for redeeming these 2FA coins and we are careful to ensure that BTC is never transferred to malicious bad actors like Pichotklasa.  Email is best for resolving any security questions.  guardians@titanbtc.com.

Rambotnic

Activity: 350
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:02:57 PM

NEVER EVER trust someone else with your keys or rely on 2FA.

1 person getting scammed is bad......  A company closing/folding and being responsible for large amounts bitcoin that affects tons of customers is much worse!!!

"Not your keys, not your bitcoins" Did we learn nothing from Proof of Keys or Andreas?

Other companies that offer this:
-Denarium
-Infinitum

Be aware!!!

not my business but seems like minerjones were always right.
not your private key not your coin.
if that guy drbitcoinve managed to take money from op and also sweep his coin with some old infos, that would be some new 200iq scam...
i don't know who is right and who is not, its not my business also, but if coin being resold as op is claiming, isnt the right thing for the one who help from your website coin to be used to require valid up-to-date proofs.
it doesn't matter who can verify itself with his id, that's not even allowed and i am not sure do you have legal rights to request id's but, isn't that coin is verified by 2fa and few other details?
i don't know that's why i am asking, don't get me wrong.
because if the very first original owner of coin re-sell it and then try to scam it out using old infos for that, then that's huge security whole in your system and allow original coin owners to scam any buyer.

TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 09:44:12 PM

I'm like 95% confident based on language patterns and grammar that you are just a shill account for the scammer, but on the 5% chance that you're not...

We follow an extremely rigid set of rules to defeat social engineering attacks.  We have guaranteed the BTC value on our 2FA coins, and we take it very seriously.  We successfully verified the owner of the coin in question before redemption, using a number of factors.

We're also not done chasing down the details on the scammer in question.  When we're able, we report these individuals to local law enforcement.  We may have collected some identifying info on the individual in question and if it checks out, we'll be putting together a docket of evidence for attempted theft to be handed over to the relevant authorities.

In short, we're here to serve the interests of our coin owners. 

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:04:47 PM

2. 2-Factor-Authenticated - in which user's registered ownership on Titan's website and an additional ownership is required before redemption of the coin's BTC value

What exactly is in the physical coin? Just some code that you know, but nothing cryptographically meaningful? (If so, it's not really 2FA but 1FA...)

I wonder why Pichotklasa can't answer simple questions like this: "did you peel a hologram and get the redeem code, or was it never in there". As I see it, it could very well be that the coin was sold redeemed without the buyer acknowledging that there should be a hologram in it...

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:13:07 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

P.S: to Anduck. No matter is none of your business, your questions were answered. learn to read.

Sorry, but I don't see answers to my questions. Could you please answer again? I have a bunch of new Q's too if you don't mind. I'm trying to help you here.

1) Did you buy the physical Titan coin? Received it?
2) Was there a hologram in it? Was it intact?
3) Did you peel the hologram of the coin yourself?
4) Do you have the redeem code which is/was under the hologram?

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:18:20 PM

P.S: to Anduck. No matter is none of your business, your questions were answered. learn to read.

Sorry, but I don't see answers to my questions. Could you please answer again? I have a bunch of new Q's too if you don't mind. I'm trying to help you here.

1) Did you buy the physical Titan coin?
2) Was there a hologram in it? Was it intact?
3) Did you peel the hologram of the coin yourself?
4) Do you have the redeem code which is/was under the hologram?

None of your business but feel free to read -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093771

1) The metal coin not, the full infos about using it yes.
2) I had only the infos from it so I could take control of it and change email and password.
3) obviously no
4) I do have ALL the infos not only redeem code but coin id, coin password, coin email.

Then you've been scammed. The coin is a physical token, that's the real thing. All the infos you've received are only part of the 2FA thing. The physical coin has a redeem code in it, which is needed to redeem it. Titan's 2FA stuff is not enough..

Can you describe the process of transferring this 2FA stuff (coin id, associated email) to you?

Also maybe you can provide titanBTC the info you've received? Though likely all that info is fake anyway if you've been scammed..

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:25:12 PM

The previous owner cannot provide full up to date infos to be verified as the current owner of it because only I can.

How was ownership transferred?

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:33:53 PM

The previous owner cannot provide full up to date infos to be verified as the current owner of it because only I can.

How was ownership transferred?

Pinky swear from what I can tell.
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1752

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:54:25 PM

To that, can you update you website to show the Titan Tenths (Silver) you sold to be valid?  For example, if you look up the cuties shown in the photo below, they do not verify on the Titan website.  This is most frustrating!

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 11:59:50 PM

To that, can you update you website to show the Titan Tenths (Silver) you sold to be valid?  For example, if you look up the cuties shown in the photo below, they do not verify on the Titan website.  This is most frustrating!

I thought those coin database updates were completed months ago.  I'm terribly sorry about that!

Yes of course.  We'll have those updated on the site today.  Please do feel free to email me with issues like this as well.  I'm not available on the forums too often these days unless requested by a coin owner.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:47:38 AM

Screenshot from the confirmation email -> http://prntscr.com/m3w8ec

Can you verify that he link leading to legit TitanBTC website? Also please look at e-mail source as "from" field can be faked.

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:28:38 PM

Can you verify that he link leading to legit TitanBTC website? Also please look at e-mail source as "from" field can be faked.
I will consider that as stupid joke from someone not familiar with 2FA Titan coins...
You get that email when u change your coin email and password.
If you don't know what to say don't say anything.
I am not here to learn you stuff, I am here to report a scam.
Now please stop spamming in my thread or I will start report your posts.
Thank you.

Even if you were in fact scammed you are a complete idiot. Many of the people here are asking questions to help get to the bottom of this and figure out whether you (the supposed buyer) or the seller was the scammer. These aren't just people that frequent the Scam Accusations board, we are actually buyers of thousands of coins that are often loaded with 1BTC+. If you were able to give out enough information and it were verified true then those of us from the COLLECTIBLES community would be able to put enough pressure on TitanBTC to make things right.

Currently you're being labelled as a douchebag (look it up since English isn't your first language). None of us want to put up with your shit attitude anymore and you can now deal with TitanBTC alone, and it is apparent they have sided with the seller of the coin. Good luck in your endeavor alone.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 04:41:33 PM

I am not here to learn you stuff, I am here to report a scam.

Your reporting isn't going well so far. If you're not a scammer then stop being an asshole to Anduck when he's trying to help you (trust me, I've been an asshole to Anduck and I know what I'm talking about LOL). It costs you nothing to answer the questions so it doesn't make sense to refuse help.
TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 05:00:59 PM

His confirmation email from our website is likely legitimate.  He obtained that info from the rightful coin owner usin social engineering tactics, by impersonating myself and acting as a representative of TitanBTC via emails with faked headers and a freshly created Telegram account.

@Pichotklasa, If you've truly been wronged and I have somehow made a mistake, please file a report with your local police department including all evidence of your purchase and your travel to and from Peru, as well as any communication you had with the seller prior to and after making the purchase.  

I have multiple employees in Russia, and one in Ukraine, and I will have them communicate with your local authorities to verify the police report is complete and the evidence that was provided is authenticated.

Once that police report is verified, we will consider the option that we redeemed the coin's value to the wrong party and transfer the BTC value of that coin to you once we've determined that we made an error.

If you're in agreement with this process, then please confirm here that you will be working with us (Titan Mint) directly to resolve this issue.  No further discussion will be entertained with you in this forum until you've agreed to involve law enforcement.  If you've honestly been defrauded, then reporting that theft to the police and putting them in touch with us is the next step.

TitanBTC

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 05:01:35 PM

@everyone else...

We're not infallible, but the evidence in this instance points pretty overwhelmingly to the rightful owner of the coin.  Much of this evidence involves sensitive info which I am not authorized to share here, but they include verifiable transcripts and un-modified screenshots of the Social engineering activity as well as photos and videos of the coin, hologram, and redemption code.  

That evidence, combined with the timing of the communications and our IP logs indicate that Pichotklasa
1. Saw the coin owner's post here in the forum
2. Obtained the coin owner's personal info
3. Impersonated Titan employees to gain the coin owner's trust
4. Used that trust to obtain the coin's redemption info
5. Changed the coin's registration email using that information
6. Posted this thread Claiming to be the rightful owner

Ultimately, with these particular coins, Titan Mint is the arbiter of ownership.  Our system and the 2FA product itself was designed to automate that arbitration as much as possible.  It's an expensive burden but one we take very seriously.  

If anyone has issues with our determination of ownership, they are welcome to contact us at guardians@titanbtc.com and we will respond as soon as possible.  We'll work with all parties involved to find the best solution.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: