Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:33:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USD will crash before BTC  (Read 815 times)
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:48:33 AM

I have a question to you jjjfff. Don't get me wrong I wholeheartedly agree with you about the debt and the consequence on the US dollar, however my question is: how do you imagine that Bitcoin will not collapse if the US dollar does?

Unfortunately I still think Bitcoin is much more fragile than a fiat currency such as USD. This would be insanely good news for some of us here if Bitcoin remained strong in such scenario, but I cannot see happening.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jjjfff (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:30:12 PM

I have a question to you jjjfff. Don't get me wrong I wholeheartedly agree with you about the debt and the consequence on the US dollar, however my question is: how do you imagine that Bitcoin will not collapse if the US dollar does?

Unfortunately I still think Bitcoin is much more fragile than a fiat currency such as USD. This would be insanely good news for some of us here if Bitcoin remained strong in such scenario, but I cannot see happening.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

I've mentioned this before on other threads : the only thing missing for BTC to become a worldwide currency is widespread adoption.

As soon as everyday things can be paid by BTC, Bitcoin will explode. I don't mean a specialized coffee shop or a trendy airport shop that accepts Bitcoin as a novelty, I mean everyday stuff like food, utilities, taxi and so on.

The transition from the fake ponzi economy we're living in to a transparent system like Bitcoin will be gradual. The dollar won't disappear just like that.

More and more people will see the light. The ponzi scheme we're all living in. 7 billion people living under the control of 15 banking families who get to print money while the rest of the world works 15 hour days. This will collapse and then people will place their savings into gold and Bitcoin IMO.

And then during the collapse people will start to ask each other hey can I pay you that debt in Bitcoin? Can I pay this month's rent in Bitcoin? Can I pay for this food in Bitcoin?

That's when the definitive change will begin IMO.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:13:29 PM

I am not jjjfff but I imagine as long as dollar becomes more and more devalued the price of bitcoin suppose to go up.
If american markets and the american dollar drops constantly that means the limited bitcoin should be going up just like gold. Look at the price of gold for example in the previous 100 years, the more inflation destroys the economy of a country the higher gold prices becomes, 2008 being a great example of it.

As soon as government allowed a 800 billion bail out, gold prices skyrocketed. Which means if bitcoin manages to be a comoddity like gold than inflation works for us. Debt and consequences could only cripple the american economy and that means money will become less valuable. Think of a world where water is 100 dollars and a burger costs 800 dollars, in a world like that bitcoin won't be 4 thousand dollars, it will be much much more.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:33:27 PM

Safe assets are unlikely going to crash soon. There are expectations by famous economists about craz inflation rates but increasing debt level doesn't mean devauled greenback. Btc is totally another level and no need to compare with  national currency.
saulzaents

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:59:44 PM

Seriously doubt this statement.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say this topic is an attempt at FUD as there is absolutely zero indication that the USD will crash anytime soon.
If anything, we will see the price of BTC continue to take a mass hit before the US dollar dwindles in value.
I just posted a thread about this- I suggest you check it out for your own self awareness!
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 08:43:37 PM

Seriously doubt this statement.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say this topic is an attempt at FUD as there is absolutely zero indication that the USD will crash anytime soon

Totally agree with this statement

The topic starter obviously doesn't know a thing about modern finance but still makes very bold claims about an imminent dollar collapse, without providing any valid reasons. People have been making such claims for literally decades by now but the dollar is still well and kicking. Whoever is going to challenge that fact may want to first look at the USDX index which shows the strength of the US dollar against a basket of major fiat currencies

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 08:47:10 PM

bitcoin will then be evaluated in euro, and if the euro banksters are gambling and fail to keep trust with the european population, then euro disappear next. it all becomes then about the attention hack and the index authority. which index will people take serious.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:11:56 AM

So what’s your main point? Are you trying to say if the wild should switch to cryptocurrency those debts wouldn’t be there to be paid? Lol. It’s quite funny how some of you think. Even if the whole world decides to make use of cryptocurrency, nothing changes at all, things will still continue the way it is normally and you will even pay more tax, and countries will still continue to be in debt, it changes nothing.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:32:06 PM

The sad thing about economics is that the system is built upon making more and more debt to get bigger and bigger because of the inflation. Your 100 dollars will be able to buy 100x things today whereas in 10 years your 100 dollars will be capable of buying only 50x things instead of 100x, which means you need your 100 dollars to be 200 dollars in order to keep your 100x buying power steady and for that to happen you need to make more money and in order to make more money you need to get bigger and in order to get bigger you need to make a debt and pay that debt with the extra income you make.

This circle and cycle is infinite and everyone gets into this cycle and it is impossible to get away from it unless you somehow move to some farm and make your own things and live off the grid. Hence we are not going to see any improvements anytime soon unless system changes.
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:48:09 PM

Its Difficult not too agree with you!! but the financial world is just a puzzle always going to have its down time, just dont be cut on the wrong side

jjjfff (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto.BI

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:24:42 AM

Seriously doubt this statement.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say this topic is an attempt at FUD as there is absolutely zero indication that the USD will crash anytime soon.
If anything, we will see the price of BTC continue to take a mass hit before the US dollar dwindles in value.
I just posted a thread about this- I suggest you check it out for your own self awareness!

Funny how the folks posting this kind of comment offer zero rebuttal using facts, data, charts. Nothing.

They just take a swipe and leave. "OP is crazy, so bye". I've posted PLENTY of charts, data, correlations showing how the FED money printing activities have a nearly perfect 1 correlation to stock market performance!

When the FED stops printing money, the system collapses, simple as that. Refute this fact!

Seriously doubt this statement.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say this topic is an attempt at FUD as there is absolutely zero indication that the USD will crash anytime soon

Totally agree with this statement

The topic starter obviously doesn't know a thing about modern finance but still makes very bold claims about an imminent dollar collapse, without providing any valid reasons. People have been making such claims for literally decades by now but the dollar is still well and kicking. Whoever is going to challenge that fact may want to first look at the USDX index which shows the strength of the US dollar against a basket of major fiat currencies

USD is the world's reserve currency right now. China has USD as international reserves. Obviously it's the strongest currency out there as of now. But things will change quickly and drastically soon. World debt is a 250+ trillion dollar bomb. FED money will become worthless unless this debt is dealt with.

I've provided PLENTY of charts and data in other threads. The correlation between FED activity and stock market activity is nearly 1 to 1. The FED controls the stock markets today.

So what’s your main point? Are you trying to say if the wild should switch to cryptocurrency those debts wouldn’t be there to be paid? Lol. It’s quite funny how some of you think. Even if the whole world decides to make use of cryptocurrency, nothing changes at all, things will still continue the way it is normally and you will even pay more tax, and countries will still continue to be in debt, it changes nothing.

The debts show how the current system is flawed. Debt discussion is not related to cryptocurrency adoption. My point is that we're living a ponzi scheme where debt is generated day and night and that this will eventually lead to the demise of the US Dollar.

When people finally notice the fact that the FED prints money whenever they feel like it and that everyone else works 9 to 5 for decades just to feed 15 bankers, that's when the system collapses.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 12:31:35 AM

BTC is deflationary guys. USD and other currencies are being printed like air especially american dollars by the US govt. Just taking this factor into account we should bet on BTC and cryptocurrencies, let alone the breakthrough technologies we get. As I speak more about cryptos I realise that this opportunity is a no brainer. Personally I'm putting all my savings into BTC and alts I believe in. I don't let any fiat stand in my wallet because that is simply wasted moolah.  Wink
I think what you have said is for me the best solution to this issue mate. I can also see that when fiat is affected by economic crisis it will crash like hell and  we don't want that to happen as it will be having less value as crisis would go deeper. The safest thing for me is that converting our fiat money into Bitcoin  will makes any sense. We all know that there is a manipulation of prices and crypto has a volatile market with high risk but we also have to accept the fact that there is always a bounce back with high return and we fully have control over our funds.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:56:23 AM

Its Difficult not too agree with you!! but the financial world is just a puzzle always going to have its down time, just dont be cut on the wrong side

Or maybe this is just one warning we all need to heed. The world economy is a big thing you know.

Only a few people will say this and nobody will believe and then one day it will all turn out to be true.
BeeWu

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:28:02 AM

Why BTC will not crash together with USD?

Imagine USD crashes and is worth next to nothing. Why would you swap your BTC back for USD?
But, you could swap it for carrots at local farm to feed your family.
Can you imagine real BTC value if it's only thing (except Gold and Silver) that you can swap for food? It would be TREMENDOUS (in terms of purchasing power, not USD value).

(I'm not saying in this post that USD will crash or not)
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:06:35 AM

Anything can happen in the future, not all people know about this possibility but it's important not to trust banks alone with your money.
Crypto is here to help us, here things are transparent and when they add to the supply we will know, banks does not tell things like that to us as they simply manipulated us.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:37:08 AM

Anything can happen in the future, not all people know about this possibility but it's important not to trust banks alone with your money.
Crypto is here to help us, here things are transparent and when they add to the supply we will know, banks does not tell things like that to us as they simply manipulated us.
right, indeed nobody knows for all that. but what is clear is that Bitcoin is welcomed with pros and cons, so there are still many who maintain a conventional system, because they do not want to be disturbed by their comfort
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:29:35 AM

When I was New into crpto I used to get all worked up and restless each time I read this type of article and then start packing up .
I believe so many people are still like me now.
According to the article it says that use would crash before bitcoin.
The thing is I hardly believe 100% the prediction again because the volatility nature of Cryptocurrency has a way of making mess of the hard work of analysts.
jjjfff (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto.BI

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:57:30 AM

When I was New into crpto I used to get all worked up and restless each time I read this type of article and then start packing up .
I believe so many people are still like me now.
According to the article it says that use would crash before bitcoin.
The thing is I hardly believe 100% the prediction again because the volatility nature of Cryptocurrency has a way of making mess of the hard work of analysts.

Crypto volatility is due to low adoption.

When coffee, taxi, hotels, rent, groceries begin to be paid in Bitcoin it'll acquire a more stable value.

Someone at some point decided a coffee was worth a dollar. This wasn't magical, it was a natural market thing. Someone said gimme that dollar, here have your coffee. The same will happen for BTC soon.

Or maybe this is just one warning we all need to heed. The world economy is a big thing you know.

Only a few people will say this and nobody will believe and then one day it will all turn out to be true.

Before 2008 several people warned that deregulation of subprime loans would lead to a crash. Clinton deregulated during his last days in office and during the Bush years this deregulation became a snowball. The rest is History.

How did they "solve" the banking heist? WE paid banks for their theft. We paid.

How did they get the economy to "grow" again? By printing money. Tens of trillions of money.

That's the new problem now, it's a ponzi scheme again. WE are paying again. Everyone's working ten times more than 30 years ago just to keep the same living standards.

10 to 20 years from now people will work 24x7 just to keep the ponzi scheme afloat. While the FED and friends continue to print money for the world's 15 richest families who control the other 7 billion people's money.

Imagine USD crashes and is worth next to nothing. Why would you swap your BTC back for USD?
Can you imagine real BTC value if it's only thing (except Gold and Silver) that you can swap for food? It would be TREMENDOUS (in terms of purchasing power, not USD value).

The U$ value of BTC will surely become a mess during the crash but eventually people will begin to pay for daily stuff in BTC. Hey can I pay this month's rent in BTC? Sure! Can I pay for a week of groceries using BTC? Sure! That's when BTC becomes widespread and the USD slowly fades into the past.

Anything that is rare and which can be transferred easily can be used as currency. Gold is rare. Diamonds are rare. Bitcoin is rare.

FED-printed money is not rare. The FED prints as much of it as the bankers want.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:30:42 AM

every country has its own currency and they can still swap back thier btc to a local currency aside from usd  .

you could swap it for carrots at local farm to feed your family.

btc ?  not all can recognized it especially if you will trade it on a farmer .

USD will crash before BTC

usd is already stable but it can decline a little percent and that cant be considered a crash because based on what i understand a crash is a major dump in the price  . 
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 795

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:48:53 PM

For some time I have thought the same but what if people are so dumb they never wake up and the FED can in fact keep printing money forever? I know it does not seem likely because in theory there needs to be some limit to the amount of manipulation they can exercise, but if people do not wake up to that fact despite the huge amount of money the FED is printing then I do not know what they will need to wake up.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████