Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price and January  (Read 367 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:32:42 AM

Well, finally the price reaches $3597-$3599 according to bittrex and poloniex, the trend still going down and we don't know where the price wants to go. It could get down for more, or it will bounce up in anytime but we need to see what will happen in the next days and if it was necessary, we could purchase the bitcoin again because the price now is not too high to buy. I hope that the price will not go down too deep because this will affect the altcoin which we want to see the price increase again, but this time, many altcoins are going down too.

coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 09:31:04 AM

The recent Bitcoin price (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/bitcoin) erasure from $4000 down to $3600 came unexpectedly when the market was primarily positive and green.
This shows that we continue to be in the bear market, and we guess that most people are planning to exit quickly when they can as they forsee the bear market will mean price could continue to decline.

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 01:25:59 PM

Well, finally the price reaches $3597-$3599 according to bittrex and poloniex, the trend still going down and we don't know where the price wants to go. It could get down for more, or it will bounce up in anytime but we need to see what will happen in the next days and if it was necessary, we could purchase the bitcoin again because the price now is not too high to buy. I hope that the price will not go down too deep because this will affect the altcoin which we want to see the price increase again, but this time, many altcoins are going down too.

Well i think january's done for. There won't be any major movements to end this first month i think so i don't expect any reversals or any drastic drops. Just a continuation of a tiring bear season.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 03:52:41 PM

Hi folks,

It will probably not be a very popular thread but I'll go for it.

We noticed several times now that Bitcoin has a strange tendancy to go down in January, pretty much every year. It was definitely the case in 2018 (happy new year by the way).

Context is very different in 2019, but we had similar cases, for example a crash in January 2015 > https://www.cnbc.com/2015/01/14/bitcoin-falls-below-200-making-some-investors-worry-about-downward-spiral.html

I know many don't want to hear that but just curious, it could very well happen again. Some say this is due to Chinese new year (people cashing out to buy again in March or April). I am not sure but I am curious if it happens again this year, we could go back to a price near $3000 per coin.

Just some thoughts, perhaps some of you are anticipating such trend again.

Any constructive opinion welcome.

It will be difficult or its too early to tell what's gonna happen to its bitcoin price value. I remembered that last 2018 it was tackled about what's the price could be reach by bitcoin, and many guessed it mostly of course in good price but it never happen until 2018 ended up even up to the present still the same. So the better things we should do for now while waiting is be a bullish for a moment.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 06:04:18 PM

Hi folks,

It will probably not be a very popular thread but I'll go for it.

We noticed several times now that Bitcoin has a strange tendancy to go down in January, pretty much every year. It was definitely the case in 2018 (happy new year by the way).

Context is very different in 2019, but we had similar cases, for example a crash in January 2015 > https://www.cnbc.com/2015/01/14/bitcoin-falls-below-200-making-some-investors-worry-about-downward-spiral.html

I know many don't want to hear that but just curious, it could very well happen again. Some say this is due to Chinese new year (people cashing out to buy again in March or April). I am not sure but I am curious if it happens again this year, we could go back to a price near $3000 per coin.

Just some thoughts, perhaps some of you are anticipating such trend again.

Any constructive opinion welcome.
Lol, but like seriously why do some people here tag everything to events? Just like you have said – that anything happening might be due to Chinese new year,. That’s how they also said that the price in December is due to Christmas.

Okay, would you say the same for stock markets that were performing badly in 2018? And why would anyone choose to invest with targets to sell during events like this? It’s not making any sense. Prices are down, yes, but that’s one thing we can’t really explain, but there are still some good reasons that has been stated out, and not things like this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: