Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:08:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmex. Is it worth it?  (Read 143 times)
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 11:07:13 PM

Is it worth using this exchange for hedging against volatility?

For this purpose specifically I've been using Bitfinex, but I'm not quite happy with it. While it is possible to build good hedging strategies there using covered shorts, yesterday, all of a sudden, I had my position wrongfully liquidated. After some time, when I already opened it again, the exchange restored the original position, so I effectively ended up with double shorts having to liquidate half of them myself. I demanded the exchange to compensate the losses thus incurred (spread, trading fees plus interest paid) but so far I received no response from them

Obviously, this makes the whole endeavor not worth it at Bitfinex as you can have your position liquidated for an arbitrary reason or even without any reason at all. So is Bitmex worth a try or is it the same shit as Bitfinex? What are other exchanges suitable for the job in question?

cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:44:56 AM

I thought bitfinex was good enough, looks like no  Undecided . I'm not using bitmex so i'm not sure if worth it to trading on there, but i personally use Nexybit, their ann and their signature campaign.
Maybe you can take a look at this site if you want.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 08:25:48 PM

Just letting everyone know that I was reimbursed fully by Bitfinex

The losses incurred were not great anyway (as I was quick to react to minimize possible negative consequences), but the exchange reimbursed everything, i.e. spread, trading fees plus interest I paid on additionally borrowed funds when they restored my position. Don't know how true their claim is but they also said that they found the bug in their system which caused wrongful liquidation of my short position. Okay, let's see how it goes now

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: